What small DFW things will you do w/c 8th October?

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2018 at 7:06AM
    Options
    Morning :D day 2/4 working.... Things to do today:

* lunch and dinner is already at work - we got lunch with our team day yesterday (good for purse not so good for waist!)
    [STRIKE]* quick shower[/STRIKE]
    * charge phones at work
    * call dentist and make appt
    * start application for ma - must really start doing this!
    * letter of complaint - also must start doing this!
    * pick up a couple of groceries - take bags
    * gifted raspberries & yogurt for breakfast :D

Ok that'll do for now!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all. :hello: thinking of you Foxgloves.

I'm working from home today so hoping to be productive. That said DH did a stifling job changing all 3 beds, washing them and spring cleaning our bedroom yesterday :D so today I will:

Check banking, 1 day until payday :j:j
    Something from freezer for tea
    Walk tonight with friend
    DW on
    Washing to go away, it's mainly bedding. No ironing here ;)
    Tidy round
    Pay down some savings I have managed to make this month, just need to decide which pot to stash them in
    Vacuum lounge
    Try and fit a run in and quick shower

Have a good day folks. Purps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2018 at 8:42PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Decided to dose myself up and ignore my cold. Slept in spare bedroom to avoid keeping OH awake with my sniffing and sneezing. Didn't sleep too bad, once I had tidied away the toys, conkers, painted stones, 'jewellery' allegedly from my stock but really for small GDs to play with, etc :rotfl: Probably the couple of glasses of wine I had last night knocked me out, as I really don't drink very much / often these days!

Anyway, up at 6 and haven't done much since :o but today I will:
    Go to market in next town, need veg, fruit and more cold and flu pills. Done, went to Aldi instead of the market though, as the noise and crowds didn't go well with how I was feeling. All spends recorded in spending diary, awaiting transfer to spreadsheet.
    Plenty of lunch bits in fridge Done
    Cook something light and healthy for dinner, maybe a stir fry, to make up for last night's fatty takeaway :oEnded up eating all the fridge leftovers instead of making something new. Soup and a slice of toast followed by the remains of a tomato, white bean and chorizo salad with fruit for pudding :)
    Text DS - he wants me to look after his blimmin dog at the weekend, and it is a real pain, huge clumsy mutt that generally wrecks the house and garden, frightens my dog, and knocks over small GCs who usually visit on Saturdays :( As usual he has left it too late to book it in somewhere, and probably can't afford it anyway, so I guess I will have to put up with it :mad: As luck would have it, grown up GS2 is going to be back in time to do it (he lives with DS) :j:T
    Write to elderly aunt Not done
    Think about whether to renew membership of a local attraction Nor this :(
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Checked banks, no change
    Pack an ebay item that sold overnight (love these people who buy candlesticks and teapots on the internet during the night :rotfl:) Done, ready to post tomorrow
    List another couple of items :)Managed one
    A bit of cleaning / tidying Not done :o

Did a survey, saw I had enough points accumulated for a £5 Amazon voucher, so claimed that :D

That should keep me out of trouble :)
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Foxgloves. Thinking of you :heart:
  • merida88
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Update from yesterday:
    merida88 wrote: »
    - bike to work etc etc done
    - all meals and snacks from stores done
    - LOOK AT THE FLIPPING WASHING MACHINE done with the help of youtube... Not sure I did anything revolutionary, took some bits apart, looked at them, put them back together again :rotfl: We shall see if it did anything!
    - 1/2 online studying topic done
    - walk dog for free exercise not done as I took longer than expected fiddling with the washing machine
    - gym today done

Feeling really tired today (weepy tired tbh, not a very professional look), glad it's nearly Friday!

Today's list:
    - bike to work etc
    - all meals and snacks from stores
    - organise M&S return, desperately needed trousers for work that are too big, even though they are a size smaller than exactly the same trousers that I already own. WTH?! I hate clothes shopping. My weight has been the same for years and yet I have 5 different sizes of clothes in my regular rotation. When I am rich, I am going to have all of my clothes made for me :rotfl: (it's a nice dream)
    - apply for b@rclaycard BT offer :money:
    - walk the poor bored dog
    - try and organise care for aforementioned poor bored dog for a day out we have planned on the 21st
    - get an early night (studying will resume tomorrow)

Hope everyone has the best possible day :)
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Morning,

I am going to start popping into here occasionally just to keep track of things. I am really starting to knuckle down on saving money now most of our big occasions of the year have passed. We have made many great memories but it is time to focus on the future now.

I have several budgets set up, each for different purposes that makes it easier for me to keep track of spends. These are updated on a daily basis, as and when purchases are made. I just transfer from the fund used, to my main account when my debit card is used so it all adds up correctly. It may not make sense to others to do it this way but it does to me. It is complicated but makes me feel a lot more organised and in control.

I have had a busy start to the morning and have a bit more left to do for the rest of the day. So far I have been to the bank to withdraw funds for my sisters wedding this weekend, my purse feels full to the brim but that will soon go once I have forked out for hair, makeup, hotel, gift, drinks etc.

I then went food shopping and spent the grand total of £21.37. This was more of a top up shop and will keep us going until next week where I will do a proper shop. To be honest we have enough food in the freezers to keep us going a while yet. Over the next few weeks, I shall be dwindling the freezers down ready for Christmas.

I then went and filled my car full to the brim with petrol ready for the long journey ahead of us this weekend. £62.50 for a full tank. Why is petrol becoming so expensive? :mad:

I have made extra repayments towards my debts as well, every little helps. I have also paid off the boys childcare fees so that is now up to date.

I have a few more things to do on my to do list for the rest of the day.

- Write out card for wedding and pop money into it. I have bought a money wallet to pop gift in and just want to find a nice poem to write into the card.
    - Visit my friend and her new baby. I shall take her the presents I bought for both her and the baby. It will only be a quick visit.
    - Put away some of my ironing. My room resembles a floordrobe so I really should do this, I just keep putting it off.
    - Go to the dentist. I hate the dentist with a passion but needs must. I currently pay for a private plan but I am going to see if I can register as an NHS patient instead.
    - Pick my sister up from her inlaws. This is a 1.5 hour drive each way, hopefully my sister will contribute towards the cost of petrol..

That is pretty much it. I don't want to over exert myself. I am already feeling pretty tired so will be consuming coffee to keep me going :o
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Foxgloves I am very sorry to hear your sad news. You are very much in my thoughts.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 October 2018 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Hugs to Foxgloves & family.

Todays list
    * Gym and refilled water bottle there Done
    * Pop to aldee with small list Done and stuck to the list :)
    * Brunch at home - fridge use up! My dad and I shared the following: 1 piece of omelette made on Monday, a portion of cauliflower cheese which I'd put a bit of leftover gammon in last night and 1/2 portion of ratatouille - Fridge looks so much clearer now!
    * Sort out the garage Straightened up in there, added a few large picture frames to my charity shop pile
    * Put some wood in the loft that a friend gave me after they'd had some work done on their house - it might come if useful for something we do in the future and if not it will act as a walk way in the loft anyway Done and brought down from loft some bags of fabric/curtains/cushions etc that we think were up in the house when we bought it, will open them up and see whats there, if good will keep if not will either send to the charity shop or fabric bank at the tip. Also brought down an old tv, will take this to the tip "shop"
    * Check banking/update spreadsheets Done
    * Looks like we are going to have to make a visit or two up North in the next couple of weeks so I need to research hotels (as we will probably end up going straight on our little holiday from one of the visits) Done, not booked yet as I will talk it through with dh, hotel is about 3hrs from where we will be and an hour ish away from holiday location, might be better to stop an hour earlier hmmm one to ponder and also may as well think about xmas gifts for those we are visiting to save on postage etc at Xmas
    * Another module of my free online course - missed this yesterday
    * Make arrangements to meet up with a friend who I know is struggling at the minute. Done and within two minutes of arranging that, another friend messaged me to see if we could get together as she knows whats going on with us too :)
    * Iron a few of dh's work shirts that I washed yesterday
    * I've set up a kitchen use up box again (anything we aren't seemingly using goes in there and I'll try to get something used each day to clear it again) We got a couple of free simply cook box things which include recipe and spices/sauces etc for the meals, they've been in the cupboard for months now so I'm going to make one of the dishes today as I have everything else in that it needs Done, made two of the dishes, a Louisiana pasta and a Cajun meatballs - the pasta one I can't say I'm keen on to be honest. The meatballs one is in the slowcooker, can be had for tomorrow

Thats my starter, have a good day all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Just saying a quick hello and celebrating that I've managed a week without crazy spending. In fact, no spending at all :D
    However, much of this is just being far too busy to get any spending done. Work has been manic this week and today was the first day of the week that I actually got my lunch at lunchtime. I'm tired and counting the days until half term, but I really don't know where the past 6 weeks have gone to...
  • merida88
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:12AM
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Update from yesterday:
    merida88 wrote: »
    - bike to work etc done
    - all meals and snacks from stores done
    - organise M&S return, done
    - apply for b@rclaycard BT offer :money: done
    - walk the poor bored dog done
    - try and organise care for aforementioned poor bored dog for a day out we have planned on the 21st not successful so far, but only asked one person tbf
    - get an early night (studying will resume tomorrow) done :D The world is much brighter today

List for today:
    - bike to work (at least for the morning)
    - breakfast and lunch from stores (supper tbc)
    - continue with dog care search
    - next studying topic
    - call garage re OH's car

Oooh oooh update to add - I *think* I might have been successful in my washing machine fiddling :j

Hugs to all who need them x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport