Economy Energy raising gas unit charge by 88%

Options

Comments

• andy_poulton
    Options
    Well done, Andy. Let's us just hope that the next message is not that they are increasing your direct debit because of the price rise. Will they confirm in writing?

MMM 'strangely' [yeah right] no he said he would rather update my account[?] and advise me on the phone rather than send an email.
    I will be asking later for confirmation.

Cheers Andy
  • andy_poulton
    Options
    Well done, Andy. Let's us just hope that the next message is not that they are increasing your direct debit because of the price rise. Will they confirm in writing?

Thank you for the kind prompt.
    Just been on the online chat. They emailed me a transcript of the conversation showing this confirmation of the fixed rate tariff I was on before,

Cheers Andy
  • Muttleythefrog
    Options
    Interestingly I've just spotted... on my online account "Account Details".. my tariff has changed to "Switch Saver (honoured)"
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • andy_poulton
    Options
    Interestingly I've just spotted... on my online account "Account Details".. my tariff has changed to "Switch Saver (honoured)"

MMM Had a look. No mine has not changed [yet]

Cheers Andy
  • wrinx
    wrinx Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2018 at 10:04PM
    Options
    Wow, that's great news for you, but strange that I and others on the same boat haven't had the same. Was that message in response to a complaint about the change? Had you contacted them about the increase at all?

I didn't make a formal complaint but called twice and ranted (politely but firmly) at the person on the other end, calling their practice mis-selling, fraudulent and a breach of contract, followed by infoming them that I would be leaving. I then commenced a move to Bulb on the same day so perhaps they've had notification from Bulb? Perhaps one of these or a combination of the lot???

Dunno...but based upon the few successes here I think there's enough evidence to prove they are backtracking if you make enough noise. I would have completed my transfer to Bulb but since they put their price up immediately I'm now intending to stay with EE for the whole horrible year in the hope that energy prices settle down and stop being silly!

No chance of EE doing that I'm sure...

wrinx
  • wrinx
    Options

Interesting, mine still says just "Switch Saver"...mmm!

wrinx
  • wrinx
    Options
    Just been chatting to someone on the chatbox and they've confirmed I am staying on the original tariff and again apologised. I expressed concern about it changing in future and having more problems but was assured it would be fine...I screen grabbed the conversation!

It would be interesting to know how many other original tariffs are being honoured now and if they are only people who commenced a switch? In my case there was no formal action involved, just a threat to leave followed by action.

I'm amazed this hasn't hit the national news yet!

wrinx
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    wrinx wrote: »
    I'm amazed this hasn't hit the national news yet!
    wrinx

In my case, I would not return to the front office because I exhausted discussion there with Economy Energy personnel who refused to refer to a manger because, "we know we are right" My formal complaint has five working days to run. Ombudsman is sufficiently interested to be on the case.

Otherwise written to MP / OFGEM / Daily Mail / CAB / Which? / MSE.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    wrinx wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know how many other original tariffs are being honoured now and if they are only people who commenced a switch?
    wrinx

We hear from Economy Energy that only a small number of customers is affected. We can surmise from a social media count that the number is in excess of 40. We might presume that Economy Energy would write to all of the small number of customers and reassure them that Economy Energy sent the price increase letter in error and that the original contract is indeed fixed price as stated therein.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • asturdy2
    Options
    Just got off live chat with an adviser, he said that they are honoring the fixed tariff and i should receive an email saying this. I've already started the switching process to Ebico on the 7th of september so have 7 days in which to call off the switch.
    3.64KW system, aurora power one inverter, South west facing with no shading in Lancashire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure