E.ON Go Online 1 Year V18 (Withdrawn)

Comments

• Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite

E.ON’s “Go Online” v18 would cost me £232 a year more than its “Go Online” v11 tariff that I commenced in May.

I don’t like to think what energy is going to cost next year in newly-Brexited mini-£s. :(
  • MoneyMate wrote: »
    Good news for your father- in- law was that v16 or v18 ? :beer:

Yes, he was very pleased MoneyMate. I think the beers should be on him!:)

It was to v18...
  • Wow! That's some saving MrsWenger. Glad this new tariff has helped your father-in-law. What tariff was he on before?

Malc

Hi Malc, Tracey here; I hope all is well with you and Helena.

He was on the standard variable one. The stubborn little fellow chose to go with that when his last offer ended. Glad we have him back on track!

Need to sort ours now, ends next month so will be looking to do it over the coming days.

Best wishes,

Tracey
  • MrsWenger wrote: »
    Hi Malc, Tracey here; I hope all is well with you and Helena.

He was on the standard variable one. The stubborn little fellow chose to go with that when his last offer ended. Glad we have him back on track!

Need to sort ours now, ends next month so will be looking to do it over the coming days.

Best wishes,

Tracey

Hello Tracey and good to hear from you. Hope you're keeping well?

I'm okay thanks but, I'm afraid, Helena is a bit under the weather. I'm hoping she'll be well enough to come back in next week. I could do with her help.

It's great you're looking after your father-in-law's interests and have managed to move him off our Standard Variable Tariff. I had a similar problem with my elderly mother a bit back. Wasn't easy persuading her to leave the past behind.

Have a great weekend Tracey. :)

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Malc,

Yes, all good with me, thank you.

Pleased you are well but sorry to hear Helena is unwell, hope she is back on top form soon.

Always happy to help anyone if I can. Feel sorry for folks who are not able, for whatever reason, to look for more competitive deals for themselves.

Sounds like your mother and my father-in-law could be good pals!

Thanks for the good wishes Malc; you too of course :)

Best wishes,

Tracey
  • I was with E.ON a couple of years ago and had no complaints and only switched because they priced themselves out of the market so I moved to Iresa fixed with whom I was quite happy until their demise.

I was transferred over to Octopus variable whose rates are much higher so I've switched to Bulb variable until 11 November when they, too, are increasing their rates.

E.ON are now back on my radar with their fixed Go Online 1 Year V18 which will save me around £90 a year, so I'm hoping it will still be available come the middle of October.
  • I was also with eon until they dropped their cheaper tariffs
    I recently moved to Bulb but they have recently done an increase which for me (Yorkshire) seems to be a lot more than 11%
    I was pleased to see E.ON seem to be doing these cheaper tariffs again
    I transferred more or less straightaway because I seem to remember in the past that they sometimes don't keep these tariffs on for long
  • andreww111 wrote: »
    I was also with eon until they dropped their cheaper tariffs
    I recently moved to Bulb but they have recently done an increase which for me (Yorkshire) seems to be a lot more than 11%
    I was pleased to see E.ON seem to be doing these cheaper tariffs again
    I transferred more or less straightaway because I seem to remember in the past that they sometimes don't keep these tariffs on for long

It seems the 11% is an average across the board. My gas tariff will go up a whopping 32%, electric not so bad at 8% (Lancashire).
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    It seems the 11% is an average across the board. My gas tariff will go up a whopping 32%, electric not so bad at 8% (Lancashire).
    and they've done this just when everyone is starting to use more gas with the winter!
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 September 2018 at 6:29PM
    I was on a really good deal with Eon but when it ended, their alternative rates were too high Now two years on, my fixed deal elsewhere is coming to an end and this one came up on a comparison site. I might be returning to the fold
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure