E.ON Go Online 1 Year V18 (Withdrawn)

Options

Comments

• Nnnaaa
    Options
    Wow I am fuming. I am a current Eon customer and saw this deal and was ready to switch my tariff, I called up E.on directly on the 13th September and was told by the representative that the deal would run for a month from the 12th. The whole reason I rang was to make sure I didnt miss out! Now it seems I have because of being misled by the service team!! Are Eon going to still offer this tariff to me ?!
  • lubylwu
    lubylwu Posts: 839 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello lubylwu and thanks for switching to our Go Online version 18 tariff.

Switches through Price Comparison sites are received in batches and handled manually by a ring-fenced team. Confirmations will go out but, as you say, there's a delay. Totally agree, these delays cause anxiety particularly where tariffs are only available for sale for a limited time. This is something I've raised with senior management and will continue to chase. Doesn't help your current situation, I know, but looking to improve this response time going forward.

As these changes are being looked after by a dedicated team and uploaded manually, details won't be available either on accounts here or online until this work has been done. Don't worry, the move will be back dated to when you applied for the tariff.

You should've received a confirmation email from MSE's Cheap Energy Club (CEC). Of the examples I've seen, these emails are going out within 24 hours of a switch being requested. There'll also be a note when you log into your CEC account saying the switch is in progress. As you haven't had the email and if there's no mention on CEC, I'd check with the Cheap Energy Club straightaway.

Sorry for the delay confirming your switch lubylwu.

Malc

Hello Malc,

Thanks for your response. I checked my CEC account and it does show a switch in progress, so that was a little better. I also emailed CEC to see if they could double check as I hadn't received a confirmation email from them. Not heard from them as yet but guess it will be Monday / Tuesday now.

Great news though - had email from EON this morning confirming my switch :T Phew .... breathes sigh of relief. :)

Hope you can push for an immediate confirmation of switch in progress from EON as I am sure that would alleviate a lot of stress!

Thanks again Malc.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - the present. ;)
  • Grahampee
    Options
    Hi, First time I've used this site. I was searching for Eon v18 etc because I received an email yesterday 22nd from Eon telling me that I should switch to this tariff using a comparison site. Obviously, I'll now have to change suppliers. Waste of time getting them to install smart meter. Been with them fifteen years.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Nnnaaa wrote: »
    Wow I am fuming. I am a current Eon customer and saw this deal and was ready to switch my tariff, I called up E.on directly on the 13th September and was told by the representative that the deal would run for a month from the 12th. The whole reason I rang was to make sure I didnt miss out! Now it seems I have because of being misled by the service team!! Are Eon going to still offer this tariff to me ?!

Hello Nnnaaa and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry our advisor told you Go Online version 18 would be on sale for a month. This was completely the wrong thing to say. Our tariffs can be withdrawn from sale at any time. Over the years, I've known them stay on sale for a couple of days through to months.

Version 18 was on sale from 12 - 18 September 18 through Price Comparison sites only. Customers are unable to switch to it after this time.

Totally appreciate your frustration with the advice given and you can raise a complaint against the advisor concerned. There'll be a footprint on your account to identify who you spoke to. The relevant call can be listened to and appropriate action taken including re-training to make sure advisors are saying the right things. There's more information and contact details about our complaints process on our website.

Sorry again you were given the wrong advice Nnnaaa.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    lubylwu wrote: »
    Hello Malc,

Thanks for your response. I checked my CEC account and it does show a switch in progress, so that was a little better. I also emailed CEC to see if they could double check as I hadn't received a confirmation email from them. Not heard from them as yet but guess it will be Monday / Tuesday now.

Great news though - had email from EON this morning confirming my switch :T Phew .... breathes sigh of relief. :)

Hope you can push for an immediate confirmation of switch in progress from EON as I am sure that would alleviate a lot of stress!

Thanks again Malc.

You're welcome lubylwu. Happy to help.

Glad all's gone through okay and totally take your point. Quicker confirmations would certainly be better and we've raised this with our gaffers. We're pushing for more automation instead of the manual process I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I do know the ring-fenced team I mentioned previously were working all weekend to move things forward. Not ideal though.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You're welcome lubylwu. Happy to help.

Glad all's gone through okay and totally take your point. Quicker confirmations would certainly be better and we've raised this with our gaffers. We're pushing for more automation instead of the manual process I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I do know the ring-fenced team I mentioned previously were working all weekend to move things forward. Not ideal though.

Malc

That would explain why my confirmation email came through on Sunday at lunchtime. That did have me wondering after you said it was all manual!
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
    Options
    Grahampee wrote: »
    Hi, First time I've used this site. I was searching for Eon v18 etc because I received an email yesterday 22nd from Eon telling me that I should switch to this tariff using a comparison site. Obviously, I'll now have to change suppliers. Waste of time getting them to install smart meter. Been with them fifteen years.

Hello Grahampee and welcome to the Forums.

I suspect we sent you a tariff renewal email highlighting Go Online version 18 in the 'could you pay less' section. Tariffs indicated in these renewals are available at the time they're written. We're continually reviewing our products and often release/withdraw them relatively quickly. Sometimes the replacement will be more expensive, sometimes cheaper. It depends on the circumstances at the time.

I'm sorry you missed out on version 18. Best to pop your details on the Price Comparison sites to see what's available both with us and with the other suppliers.

Malc
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    That would explain why my confirmation email came through on Sunday at lunchtime. That did have me wondering after you said it was all manual!

That would be it Raxiel. I was talking to one of the managers over there the other day and he was telling me they had a heavy backlog so had put on overtime to help. Seems to be doing the trick although I know we've some way to go yet.

Malc
  • javipena82
    Options
    It's funny that the e.on representative states "Go Online version 18 was withdrawn from sale on Wednesday morning, 19 September 18. Tariffs highlighted in renewals are available at the time the letters are written."... when I have received a letter dated 21st September suggesting me to move to v18.

How can that even be possible, if by then the tariff was supposedly already dead?

Another unhappy customer here.
    Javier Pena
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    javipena82 wrote: »
    It's funny that the e.on representative states "Go Online version 18 was withdrawn from sale on Wednesday morning, 19 September 18. Tariffs highlighted in renewals are available at the time the letters are written."... when I have received a letter dated 21st September suggesting me to move to v18.

How can that even be possible, if by then the tariff was supposedly already dead?

Another unhappy customer here.
    Javier Pena

Hello javipena82 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with our tariff renewal letter and have passed this on to the relevant people here. Letters are drawn up at the time accounts enter the renewal window. They're then sent to a third party who post them in batches often a day or two later. The date on the letter is the date it was sent. As you say, this can mean a tariff available at the time renewals are written have subsequently been withdrawn.

I agree, this isn't great and that's why I've fed this back. Sorry again for the confusion and thank you for posting.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure