MSE News: Lloyds to slash rewards for Avios credit cardholders

Lloyds Bank is dramatically scaling back the benefits of its Avios Rewards credit card, cutting the number of Avios points existing customers can earn by up to two thirds and scrapping its free flight upgrade offer.
Read the full story:
'Lloyds to slash rewards for Avios credit cardholders'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Yet there still isn!!!8217;t any information surrounding the Choice Rewards Duo and what their plan is with that scheme...
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Yawn
    Yawn Posts: 151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm going to miss this card. The upgrade voucher is pretty much the only one tailored for the solo traveller, and I've gotten upgrades to India and Korea out of it.

There is some more info and speculation on the Headforpoints website. Whether I'll be able to get one last voucher out of it will depend on when I receive my letter...
  • lnesbitt
    lnesbitt Posts: 173 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So, this is slightly related... I have the Lloyds duo Amex/Mastercard thing going on, have been for years and have collected loads of Avios.

But now, Avios have been moved to British Airways Executive Club. My Avios from flights are there, but not from my Lloyds spend. And I cannot, for love nor money, find out to claim for them... any ideas?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    lnesbitt wrote: »
    So, this is slightly related... I have the Lloyds duo Amex/Mastercard thing going on, have been for years and have collected loads of Avios.

But now, Avios have been moved to British Airways Executive Club. My Avios from flights are there, but not from my Lloyds spend. And I cannot, for love nor money, find out to claim for them... any ideas?

It appears you can still log in to your Avios account - it seems to offer me the option to transfer my Avios to BA Executive Club if I want to or to keep/use them via Avios for other things.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    lnesbitt wrote: »

The Avios from Lloyds spend should be auto crediting to BAEC, that's if your Avios.com account has actually been closed. If you have an Aer Lingus Aerclub account, for example, that used Avios.com, so your Avios account remains open. Confused yet?
  • guesswho2000
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    It appears you can still log in to your Avios account - it seems to offer me the option to transfer my Avios to BA Executive Club if I want to or to keep/use them via Avios for other things.

Indeed, and I can still pull Avios into it from Iberia. I am also an AerClub member, so my Avios.com account won't close apparently, are you also a member of AerClub by any chance? A lot of points and miles collectors will be (Aer Lingus' new loyalty programme, also using Avios).
  • Dobbibill
    Indeed, and I can still pull Avios into it from Iberia. I am also an AerClub member, so my Avios.com account won't close apparently, are you also a member of AerClub by any chance? A lot of points and miles collectors will be (Aer Lingus' new loyalty programme, also using Avios).
    I'm not a member of AerClub - happy to continue using my Avios points as I've always done ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• guesswho2000
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    I'm not a member of AerClub - happy to continue using my Avios points as I've always done ;)

Eventually you’ll probably be shifted over to BAEC whether you like it or not :o.

However, if you use Avios for flights then, with some exceptions, you shouldn’t notice much difference (there’s a few differences with which airlines you can book with in each programme).
  • Dobbibill
    Eventually you’ll probably be shifted over to BAEC whether you like it or not :o.

However, if you use Avios for flights then, with some exceptions, you shouldn’t notice much difference (there’s a few differences with which airlines you can book with in each programme).

My OH won't fly so I never use for flights - most recently used for Indoor skydiving experience x3 (gifted them to my sons for their birthdays). I hope that type of use still continues, flights only would be worthless for me :(

• Ok. I’m in need of a little help and advice please. I have the duo cards. Any tend to only use the AE card, then using my Tesco cc for other. Then convert points to avios. With the duo cards finishing. What’s going to best card to replace my AE card. Apart from the duo cards I have a Tesco card and a Halifax card that I only use abroad.
    I don’t have a big spend per year, I’m only on min wage but I like to get the most of my credit cards to get avios miles.
    Cheers for any advice.
    Jane x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family