IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I wait for NTK given the signs were there?

tuckervennie
tuckervennie Posts: 31 Forumite
edited 22 March 2018 at 6:44PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all, I have read through the previous questions, so apologies if I have missed something similar.

I know the advice is to wait for the NTK if the company was an IPC member, but I need to know if it is worth me even doing this, given that the signs were there and the driver was in so much of a rush that they simply didn't look. Is this one of those cases that should just be paid up and not bother trying to appeal?

Many thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Is this one of those cases I should just pay up and not bother trying to appeal?
    Show me such an option listed in the NEWBIES thread? LOL, there is no such case.

NO-ONE in their right mind, sponsors this 'outrageous scam'* industry of 'bloodsuckers'* by paying them any money, except for actual small (normal) parking fees.

Which PPC is bothering you like an unwanted disease?

* Hansard 2.2.18
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tuckervennie
    edited 22 March 2018 at 6:45PM
    Thanks for your response on this. Tomorrow is the deadline for the 14 days to get the 'reduced' fee of £60. It is UK Parking Patrol Office and to be fair they had some pretty big signs up it seems, but it was dark, the driver was in a rush, it was 8:45 in the evening and I guess the driver just thought it would be ok, although this is City Centre Manchester.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    This outfit is rather court shy at the moment http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Patrol_Office.html
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2018 at 4:00PM
    Tomorrow is the deadline for the 14 days to get the 'reduced' fee of £60.
    Luckily, there is no deadline to claim the MSE discount of 100% ! :D

You are lucky, so relax:

Unlit signs, from a chancer that does not do court, and you are in Manchester where (if a claim did happen in the end) the Judges know about PPC 'outrageous scams' (Hansard, 2.2.18) and repeatedly bend over backwards to help consumer Defendants!

No paying this bunch, take you eye right OFF the 14 days trashy bribe.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tuckervennie
    edited 22 March 2018 at 6:47PM
    Aside from everything the person in question is self-employed and could do without the £200 outlay, but also don't need a court judgement against their name either. I know they are court shy, but luck would be that on this occasion they go for it.
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT worry about BOTH PCNs.

I am definitely not an expert but the people who post on here are. I have worried myself sick about PCNs in the past but I certainly will not ever again!

Follow the advice given and you will be fine. I have successfully had 5 PCNs cancelled so far & I have helped 2 others do the same.

DO NOT PAY EITHER OF THESE. AND CERTAINLY DO NOT WORRY - You will not be adversely affected by any of this.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You only get a ccj lodged against you if you go to court, lose and then don't pay when a court orders you to.

Even if it went to court (which is highly unlikely) costs are strictly limited. Not only that you would then have to neglect to pay promptly. If you cough up within 30 days you don't get a ccj. There is in essence no record of it.

The parking company themselves won't know and won't care where you were parked be it in a bay, out a bay or next to a performing elephant with a huge parking sign on its back. Claims are issued using a standard template with these firms.

They are far more likely to go for repeat "offenders" who have racked up hundreds in fees rather than an isolated parking case. The risk to potential reward makes it far more sense to chase big money. Looking at their figures they don't even risk that.
  • tuckervennie
    edited 22 March 2018 at 6:48PM
    Really appreciate your advice on this and I will not do anything for now.

If it goes all the way and someone ends up having to pay, could they still get it for the £60 or would it be £100 by that point and no alternatives?

Also the next event will be the NTK right and then just continue to ignore?
  • Have you looked at the NEWBIES thread? You don't want to ignore this. Follow the advice exactly to the word. I did this recently and, as a result, the parking company dropped the charge before it even went to appeal.

Read the thread very carefully & follow it very closely.
  • tuckervennie
    edited 22 March 2018 at 6:48PM
    I did initially, but I will have a look again. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure