Currys Delivery (Knowhow.com)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Heidi_Foster
    Options
    I recently purchased an integrated washing machine on-line. I requested integrated installation as there was no other option for an integrated washing machine shown on the website. This was £90, which I thought was quite expensive just for connection of the pipe and electric.

The machine was delivered on the 5th October 2015, the installer noticed that although the machine was integrated he did not need to fit the machine with the door as it was fixed to the surrounding wood, he just needed to connect the pipe. So he advised me to get in touch with know-how to get my money back. He also left a note on his electronic machine to show that the installation he made was just for what he called a "wet installation". He showed this to me for my reference so that I knew that it had been done. Unfortunately I did not get the installers name, didn't think I would need to.

I have spent an hour on the phone this morning with one of the know-how advisers concerning the over payment by myself of the machine delivery.
    I was told that I ordered an integrated washing machine, so the installation was £90, that is what it says on the paperwork so they cannot refund me. I asked to speak to the manager of which the advisor told me there is not one available. I was on the phone for an hour, if there is not a line manager available in that time that is disgusting !!

The advisor tried on a couple of occasions to "find" the paper work and the installer, but to no avail. Now if phone calls can be recorded, why is it so difficult to find an electrical device with this evidence on it?

The evidence of the washing machine being installed as a "wet installation" will show on the electronic device, but I was told by the advisor that there is no paper work to show that this had been done. How can this be? I was shown this by the installer, so have seen the evidence myself. I was made out to be a liar and was told the evidence cannot be found !
  • john_L_2
    Options
    Currys Knowhow and installation

I ordered a new integrated Hotpoint dishwasher and purchased home delivery and installation for an extra £95. This I was told covered the delivery of the new machine, the disconnecting and removal of the old machine, the installing and checking of the new machine, just what I wanted. The new machine arrived with two men at 8.30 am on the correct day, they then started to take my old dishwasher out by taking off the outer door, then the control panel and snipping through the electric wires to the control panel. Unfortunately they hadn’t unplugged the dishwasher and tripped all fuses in the house! These two ‘Knowhow’ gentlemen informed me that they would be unable to fit the machine as the water connection was behind a wooden shelve beneath the sink, and they weren’t allowed to ‘do woodwork’. When I said that the shelve just lifts out and I would do it if this was a problem, they said they had run out of time and they had to go! Before leaving me with a new dishwasher in the middle of the kitchen floor they called their manager and arranged for more ‘Knowhow’ men to come in two days time. Two different guys arrived on time two days later, and in 15 minutes had the dishwasher installed, running and had tidied up. They were diplomatic to make no comment about the first two ‘Knowhow’ installers.

The first two complete incompetent installers give Curry’s such a bad name, I will not use the service again. There are however at least two extremely efficient installers working for them.
  • Aud_Stevenson
    Options
    Ordered from CurrysPCWorld and DPD were instructed to deliver via KNOWHOW. First, they left a card at a random address, despite me being at the delivery address at the time (and even though this was outside the latest delivery time stated by Currys). On the tracking, they had a photo of a place I had no knowledge of. It turned out to be quarter of a mile away.

Re-arranged delivery, pointing out that first delivery had gone to wrong address, was assured driver would be informed, also assured me driver would call me on reaching the area. I then made a specific trip to collect at re-arranged time and only by sheer LUCK did I spot a DPD van - so I followed him to an area I had no knowledge of and intercepted him. He was going to the wrong address AGAIN!
    The driver had left my parcel with some random stranger. He never called me as I had been promised, and I was not informed by either card or phone call of where my parcel had been delivered.
    It is unacceptable to deliver to a completely different address from the one on the parcel. Customer services told me they considered that it had been delivered within an "acceptable radius" of the address! To a completely different street, a different postcode, and to an address that was ponted out to have been wrong the first time - acceptable?? REALLY?
    They tried to argue that they had left my parcel with "your neighbour at No 9" - well MY neighbour at No 9 didn't get it..... SOMEBODY'S neighbour - in a different street, neighbouring a different No 7 got it. What part of WRONG STREET do these people not understand? It was also a completely different postcode - DO THESE DRIVERS NOT USE SAT NAV? Perhaps they bought one from Currys to be delivered.... ?!

As for taking a photo of where it was delivered.... am I supposed to go running all round town looking for a place to match the photo in order to find my parcel? When I asked this, I was told Yes - Are they serious??

I now wonder if this was some form of attempted theft that I managed to intercept - the driver may have known the person he delivered my parcel to, safe in the knowledge that Customer Services would do nothing, so long as he took a photo (that I would be unable to locate) and got some form of "signature" - as if that meant anything.
    As Currys and PCWorld sell high value items, any crook will be onto a good thing if they can get a job driving for DPD.
    DPD are uninterested in addressing the moronic behaviour of this driver, or even reading my emails properly.
  • peter_percent
    Options
    so your 5 days of work was worth £20 ?, why dont you get the same as their staff ?, I have had this sort or thing from currys , twice I have sent them an invoice for my time,they did not reply , twice I have issued them with a small claims court summons, they did submit a defence but lost on both occasions
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    so your 5 days of work was worth £20 ?, why dont you get the same as their staff ?, I have had this sort or thing from currys , twice I have sent them an invoice for my time,they did not reply , twice I have issued them with a small claims court summons, they did submit a defence but lost on both occasions[/QUOTE]

aqre you stating that they now have 2 x county court CCJs against them?
  • peter_percent
    Options
    Yes I won on both occasions
  • Rayling
    Rayling Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    ALL LIARS AND CHEATS AT CURRYS PC I had to share the worst deceitful retail experience I have ever witnessed.
    Currys pc world electrical stores online.
    I placed a phone order with them 1 day ago for an ipad pro which was listed on their website at quite a discounted price.
    When I spoke to the sales girl on the phone I asked if the price was an error and was the ipad in stock as the site suggested.
    She came back to me with a definite YES it is in stock and no it's the correct price and you can have this any day you wish.

I arranged a delivery for Thursday.
    I received an email saying goods in stock and order being processed, money had already been taken from my credit card.

And now the start of lies lies lies.
    All of a sudden I get an email to say my ipad was not in stock and after several calls to their sales line I kept being told different things and eventually told ipad not in stock and may never be stocked again!!

When I demanded to speak to a manager to see what else could be done I was told I couldn't and managers have better things to do with their time!!!

It is quite clear to me they slipped up with the price on the internet realised they had offered it too low in price and were not man enough to honour their mistake or even admit to it and maybe offer a voucher as a goodwill gesture but oh no far better to opt for lies! So they tell me it's never in stock and won't be ever again just so they don't have to honour that price

I have heard many instances where Currys have behaved in a similar fashion
    Just google them and you will see.

I decided to cancel the order which must have pleased Currys no end was then told you won't get your money back for 5 days
    That's the surest comment I have heard from them...pitty they couldn't be so sure with their customers orders.
    I will never deal with this shower of garbage again they are a bunch of liars and cheats.

I also contacted currys complaints email which is the address they put on trustpilot when they say how truly sorry they are as a reply to negative reviews and what a waste of time the idiots don't reply

In the end I went to AO.com....wow what a difference perfect honest people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure