🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Currys Delivery (Knowhow.com)

Options

Comments

• suelum
    suelum Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I also wish I had read this thread before ordering. Both my hob and oven had become unusable so I ordered replacements from my local Currys. They didn't have the ones I wanted in stock but as I am so desperate to replace my non working ones I ordered an alternative. I booked a Sunday delivery as I am a teacher so can't take a day off work in the week. At 10am on the day of delivery I was telephoned by knowhow to say a gas fitter hadn't turned in to work so they couldn't fit my oven and hob. I asked if there was any chance they could use one off another crew but no chance. They then offered me a Friday delivery, I explained and finally they offered me next Sunday. Having read this thread I now realised it is pipe dream to expect my oven and hob to arrive and be fitted next week!
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    I had a very good experince with Curry and their delivery, so much so that at the time I gave a bit of praise on MSE

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5140197&highlight=
  • andreazanardo
    Options
    We bought from Curry a dishwasher, a washing machine and a refrigerator, and schedule the delivery with Knowhow.
    Comes the day, and the delivery staff refused to deliver the refrigerator. They maintained it was impossible to access my flat with the fridge (too large the item too small the door).
    They did not try even! As a matter of fact it IS possible, as all my neighbours can testify (it's a terraced house, they got even larger refrigerators)
    While I was exploring alternatives I asked them to bring the dishwasher and the washing machine. I suggested they could pass the fridge through the windows, they replied they were not allowed. I said I could take the responsibility for it and politely asked for their ID number, so that I could talk to their boss. They refused to give me any ID number, handed rudely the dishwasher and refused to deliver even the washing machine.
    We rushed to the Currys customer service, elevated a complain and left. We were left in the cold for more than 24 hours. Then we learnt we are now on a Knowhow banned list (anyone has a clue of what it is ?), so no other item will be delivered to us. To date, we do not know how to have our money back; yes, because they took our money already.
    But we got a dishwasher. How lucky we are.
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To provide a bit of balance...

I had my tumble dryer delivered yesterday, 1 hour in to the 4 hour slot I was given with a call 10 minutes prior to get further directions (as my post code doesn't work in a sat nav).

Delivered by two men who took it up to my fourth floor apartment and left it where I asked them to.

They were in and out in about 5 minutes, and have been the only people with the common sense to read the signs on the walls to find out where my flat is (most delivery people wander round lost until somebody finds them).

It was exactly as I would like from a delivery service - non intrusive and in line with expectations!
  • Leory
    Leory Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    More praise here. Ordered a fridge freezer at 6.30pm on Thursday night and got it delivered at 1.30pm on Friday. 2 delivery guys took it into the kitchen and offered to remove and dispose of all packaging.

If I had read this thread I may have thought twice about ordering from them, but I cannot fault them at all on this occasion
  • bellabooski
    bellabooski Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    More praise for Currys Knowhow here too. In the last 12 months I've had a tumble dryer, a fridge freezer and recently a cooker delivered and installed. The delivery men on each occasion were within the time slot, carried the appliances up 4 flights of stairs without a grumble, took the packaging away treated me and my home with the utmost respect and courtesy. I can't fault them at all. :T
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My very first post on MSE was a rant about the saga of my Currys FF and I vowed then never again would I deal with Currys. To my great shame I ordered a washing machine from Currys last weekend for delivery on Firday.

Unsurprisingly the order didn't turn up as expected on Friday. I'm confident the driver got to the street, but couldn't be bothered to actually make the delivery in the wet weather although he claimed he knocked on the door (an utter lie). I rescheduled within minutes to be delivered this morning, and chased when it didn't arrive as expected to find that the order had been cancelled without my WM had been given to someone else, there are none in stock and there is a waiting list of over 100 for the model I have ordered.

Have yet to resolve with the store but this is a warning that 7 years on, the Currys logistics team still acts in a disingenuous (at best incompetent) manner. If the operation comes across a situation it can't be bothered with, the depot just cancels the order. On the other hand, the customer service team on the end of the phone are actually very good, but those involved in the supply chain that let the whole operation down. You have been warned.

Never again.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Kevin_McCready
    Options
    I've been paying for currys knowhow Premier Whatever Happens repair agreement for 3 years. The agreement clearly states that if a TV is not repaied within 7 days I'm entitled to vouchers to get a replacement. They have had my TV for 14 days and customer services says I'm entitled to nothing as it was repaired within 3 days but it was lost for 11 days - and this doesn't count as it was repaired within the 7 day ( even though I don't have it). I called the call centre numerous times and they are all liars or incomptent. DO NOT BUY THE EXTRA COVER AND EXPECT GOOS RELIABLE SERVICE.
  • Kevin_McCready
    Kevin_McCready Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 12 October 2015 at 8:58PM
    Options
    I've been paying for currys knowhow Premier Whatever Happens repair agreement for 3 years. The agreement clearly states that if a TV is not repaied within 7 days I'm entitled to vouchers to get a replacement. They have had my TV for 14 days and customer services says I'm entitled to nothing as it was repaired within 3 days but it was lost for 11 days - and this doesn't count as it was repaired within the 7 day ( even though I don't have it). I called the call centre numerous times and they are all liars or incomptent. DO NOT BUY THE EXTRA COVER AND EXPECT GOOD RELIABLE SERVICE.

When I bought the TV the salesman said repairs where within 7 days. I think I've been mis-sold and have nowhereto turn too.
  • Kevin_McCready
    Options
    Oh and the knowhow website never works. I have been promised return of the tv 4 times and have taken time off work etc. They even promised a loan tv and guess what..... it never turned up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport