IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus At train Station

Options

Comments

• frazell
    frazell Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the update Wolboy. SWT wrote back to me saying it was nothing to do with them as its CP Plus that manage their car parks and I would have to refer to them. Still nothing from CP themselves.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    frazell wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Wolboy. SWT wrote back to me saying it was nothing to do with them as its CP Plus that manage their car parks and I would have to refer to them. Still nothing from CP themselves.

They can't say it's 'nothing to do with us' because CP Plus can only operate in the way they are, if they are operating under byelaws with the contractual consent of SWT.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • frazell
    Options
    Well, here's their actual response;

24 October 2013

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email of 16 September 2013.

I am sorry for the delay in replying.

All of our car parking is operated by CP Plus; you will need to
    contact them regarding the fine. There number is 0800 093 1019.

I am sorry I cannot be of further help in this matter.

Kind Regards
  • wolboy
    wolboy Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh that's nice of them, there just as bad as CP Plus I sent them 3 emails asking about there bylaws and how they are implemented by CP Plus but never heard anything also said I wanted it cancelled some chance of that.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I would follow that up again and reiterate that CP Plus are mere agents and that obviously you need to be informed as to the contract between the TOC and CP Plus and the Byelaw which they contend allows a mere (notorious) private firm to issue something called a PENALTY Notice (which would otherwise be unlawful and unenforceable).
  • frazell
    Options
    Coupon-mad, funny you should say that, my response;

"I have tried speaking to CP Plus but they are a faceless organisation who's only remit is to extract money out of your customers. To be frank, they do not care if your payment facilities are broken or if the construction works are hampering your customers use of station facilities. The only organisation that can cancel the PCN is the landowner which is SWT which is why I am contacting you directly.

I have also written directly to the station manager at (Location) station, twice now, to relay this information to him. So far been completely ignored by (manager) and it is disappointing considering the whole family uses SWT to be fobbed off without a reply.

I would be grateful if you could consider my PCN favorably and duly cancel it as without suitable payment facilities you cannot expect patrons to spend inordinate amounts of time running around the car park whilst trying to catch a train.

Please comment by return."

To be honest, its a bit like talking to a brick wall with them.
  • wolboy
    wolboy Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    That's pretty much what I said to the Frazell and your right its like talking to a brick wall I don't hold out much hope on hearing from either of them apart from the letters still arriving.
  • frazell
    Options
    So another short update from me. My car is actually registered at my parents house and there was a letter for me when I popped over tonight. Essentially my good friends CP Plus have completely ignored my appeal and referred me directly to Parking Collection Services with an increase bill of £120.

Interestingly it says on the back of the letter that I can appeal to them (again) and if rejected will be offered a popla code.

What a farce.....
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 1 November 2013 at 2:09PM
    Options
    Do that then, you WANT a POPLA code as this can be exposed there! :T
    Also complain to the BPA Ltd (do so again, if you have already) about this behaviour from CP Plus, issuing penalties in waters so muddy that no driver can tell if byelaws or POFA applies, nor even if they will ever get a POPLA code, or whether the driver or the keeper can be 'liable'. Say that surely such a murky operation must breach the CPUTR 2008. You expect the BPA who claim to be 'driving up standards' in PPC World, to please urgently investigate this mysterious 'penalty' and force CP Plus to elucidate or cancel or offer POPLA:

[EMAIL="david.m@britishparking.co.uk"]david.m@britishparking.co.uk[/EMAIL]

If you have not yet implied who was driving then keep your responses that way to the BPA as well, from the registered keeper only.

:)
  • frazell
    Options
    Coupon-mad, yes I realise that I want a POPLA code as with that I can kill it stone dead. Thanks for the details for the BPA I will follow that up. Should I also be complaining to the DVLA as they have provided my details to Parking Collection Services without my consent? Is there a specific contact or course I should follow?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure