Where there's muck there's brass

Options

Comments

• RubySewSew
    Options
    Tee hee. I got home and I did one thing - I made myself a cup of tea and watched the Edinburgh Fringe on late night TV. That's 2 things! Get me!
    Commercial Debt £14587.22 Student Debt £7747.73
    Debt to family and friends £270/540 Total Debt £22604.95/22874.95 :embarasse
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Right Ruby I am going to have to be very stern with you now - I do not want you to go back to work feeling like you have not achieved anything this holiday, you have already achieved something by looking after your children for the holidays :T

Now to make sure you feel like you have done something you need to tackle your list 15 mins at a time, you can do something off your list for 15 mins and then have a break and then do another 15 mins and so on until the task is completed or start a different task.

If the floors are tidy I would say No 3 on the list will give the best results in the 15 minute slot, then have a break and do some more hoovering.

Then you could do No 6 - as long as the drill is not in the shed to be sorted :rotfl: and No2 (if you already have the shelving that is)

Which will then nicely lead to No 7 which then means you can do No 1 and No 5 to earn some money.

I think No 8 needs to be done when the boys are in bed with a nice glass of wine.

No 10 could also be done when the desk is nice and clear and then you can file or deal with everything straight away.

Now if only I could sort myself out like that - I am great at giving advice just not following it myself :rotfl:

Failing all that if things are really bad you could pop over to MG's thread where we are having a declutter month with tasks to do every day, it started on 1st on her special forum and was posted on the 2nd or 3rd on her thread.
    Maybe you could come and join us over on the special forum because it is all about helping people reach their goals which include setting up businesses and leading a more relaxed life etc.

EE

P.S The rest of the list can be done tomorrow :rotfl:
  • RubySewSew
    RubySewSew Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    I love you EE!! :T:T:T

I changed one thing yesterday and I so far feel so much better for it today - I didn't take my migraine pills last night. I take Amitriptyline which is an anti-depressant used in the prevention of migraines and it also makes you sleepy, hence you take it last thing at night. SO, last night, I took a bold move and didn't take it. I woke up this morning at 8.30 when the alarm went off (instead of 8.30, 8.40, 8.50..... etc). I've had a cup of tea and a bit of toast and I feel a bit more, well, normal :)

And just so you're not worried, i have an appointment with the doctor later - I have a list for him!! Its about time we tackled some of this family's health issues!

I have a friend from school coming over this evening so that is an incentive to get the house tidied and lovely. It is raining so hard outside that there is no chance of feeling like we 'should' go out. And it is a Friday which means that if the boys have got their rooms tidied and there 10 marbles then they can go to the sweet shop so even they might be incentivised to join in! :rotfl::rotfl:

Plus we are going to bake a cake. A very big cake with buttercream and homemade plum jam. And then maybe we will sit down in our lovely clean house and eat it all up with a nice cup of tea :A

So, I plan to super spiv my house, make it into a haven of loveliness so that I can damn well get on with living the rest of my life and focus on some of the super projects that are going to forge a path to financial freedom and happiness!

So, where is that hammer and that drill (under the collapsed bale of straw in the disorganised shed :mad:)? Oh well, any life coach will tell you to tackle the worst job first!

PS I love Memory Girls forum it just moves so fast for me!!!
  • RubySewSew
    Options
    Day 2 without the migraine pills :) I had a VERY late night last night. Watched the sun came up late and my friend got the first train home :) So, tumbled into bed after 6 and woke up at 11 feeling a bit wobbly and worse for wear but awake. I have lined my stomach with a nice cup of tea and boiled egg and soldiers and I'm ready to have another little snooze now ;)

Managed to get the house into much better shape yesterday. I hoovered and hoovered and hoovered. I'm looking after my friends Golden Retriever at the moment and I can't begin to tell you how much hair he sheds! The carpet is full of thick long blonde hair! I think that will be my fitness regime for the rest of the week!

I gave the bathroom a good clean to and tried the Method cleaning products for the first time. They are lovely!! The lavender multi purpose spray just brought everything up with a gleaming shine and the almond floor cleaner is just heavenly. I'm mopping my floor to the smell of bakewell tart!

Plans today are loose. I have the weekend completely to myself and I was hoping to paint my room. The only problem is, I have a lot of other projects that I could tackle for free or that could actually make me some money. And having checked my bank account not only have I lost track of spending on groceries but I have overspent and still don't have any food :( I'm going to have a nap, check the bank account, make a plan and then go and meet my friend for hula hooping.
  • RubySewSew
    RubySewSew Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    Boo hiss! I'm £130 short, have no shopping and fell asleep and missed the hula hooping!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Ruby you have a diary!

I didn't know!

I shall subcribe immediately

I have migraines too, just recovering from a little one, my doctor gave me those pills but I didn't get on with them at all. I didn't like how sleepy they made me in the mornings, just not practical going to work drugged up.

I take Syndol for mine, getting less effective tho.

any how how you going to come up with the 130? I know you can do it!

xxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • RubySewSew
    Options
    Hey Buffy, lovely to have you here.

I am realising how much I needed a break from the kids and some time to myself. Coming of the Amitriptyline has been massive. I rouse more in the night but haven't had any trouble getting back to sleep. I'm waking naturally at 9am and ready to get up and get on with stuff. Still not ideal for when I start back at work next week but its definitely an improvement!!

I had a really productive and relaxing day yesterday. I got into the garden and started to tackle the soul sapping mess it had become. I don't really understand it because I love my garden and last year it was the cornerstone of my sanity - I was always out there first thing and last thing, collecting my thoughts with a cup of tea. This year it has remained untouched. I guess the weather has been a big part of it. Its the end of August and haven't had a bbq this year, haven't sat out and had a fire, the boys haven't camped out... its just been odd. The work needed out there was really just tidying up. I strimmed and raked and mowed the lawn. I bought a 5 tiered stacking thing for the strawberries as they had gone insane - bought 6 or 7 plants earlier in the year and repotted 40+. Now that is MSE gardening! Will have enough to get school started next year as well for nothing :). The stacking thing was a buy I had sought out from the £1 shop - 5 trays at a quid each. Saw a smaller 3 tiered system in the garden centre for £20!! Which in some way made up for the indiscretion of spending 50 quid in there that I haven't got :o:o Eep! I know, I really do know. I get into this cycle of don't spend, don't spend, don't spend, oh sod it! And then will suddenly blow some money on something. Much as the garden needed some attention and whilst I have got an enormous amount of pleasure from sitting out there and pottering around I could have equally blown the money I haven't got on stocking my work wardrobe (I have no work clothes), buying some proper shoes for school, fixing my car which isn't roadworthy, painting my bedroom which i had singled out for intention!

It's not even the case that this is new and recent behaviour. I've always done it. I did also, with thanks to a friend, get a shelf up over my desk yesterday so have started to make a lovely clear, decluttered creative workspace. Found a load of old diaries, budgets, lifecoaching books, journals etc covering 10 years and my goals are always the same and never moving forward!

Grrrrr, Ruby! So, I need to salvage something today from my spending and try to recoup that money as quickly as I can. I need to replace that money, finance my car, have a little spending pot for Ruby treats to try and prevent this kind of behaviour and get saving and organising and making for Christmas!! And all before going out with a friend tonight! I need some money saving ideas for activities to do with an old friend who I haven't seen for a while!
  • RubySewSew
    Options
    I should probably add that the last few weeks have been just awful and I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I do however need to get into the habit of earning treat money before treating myself and not earning it to pay it back!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    RubySewSew wrote: »
    Hey Buffy, lovely to have you here.

It's not even the case that this is new and recent behaviour. I've always done it. I did also, with thanks to a friend, get a shelf up over my desk yesterday so have started to make a lovely clear, decluttered creative workspace. Found a load of old diaries, budgets, lifecoaching books, journals etc covering 10 years and my goals are always the same and never moving forward!

In my big recent decluttering disaster (conservatory is STILL a tip, where I have essentially "tipped" all my crap) I found so many notebooks, all linked to particular self help books, all started never finished!

I too have the same set of goals as ten years ago! I suspect you are being a bit harsh on yourself I bet you have achieved somethings and aren't that far from achieving others.

take care

Buffy xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • RubySewSew
    Options
    The kids are back today and already driving me insane. Its actually genuinely quite upsetting they way they behave towards each other. I just feel exhausted and depressed by continuously having to intervene with their arguments. It is absolutely non stop. I want to focus on positive parenting but struggle to find positives. So instead I end up sitting curled up in a corner on the computer. I am really struggling to want to be involved with them at the moment. I know that this is a situation that needs professional help but the system is so slow moving. I feel like the holidays have passed in a whirl of fights, mess, anger, upset, hurt and arguments. Individually they are good kids but their dynamic together is all consuming.

The relevance to this is that when the boys are here I feel drained of motivation, enthusiasm or inspiration. I have no fire in my belly for self improvement or home improvement or financial improvement. I feel lost and weighed down and alone. I comfort myself with eating and with spending. And I use the same things to punish myself for not being a better parent.

Maybe today I am going to make the decision to ignore these feelings and get on with it anyway. 15 minutes at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure