We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cross Stitch Cafe 2011

Options

Comments

• Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine are wound onto bobbins and kept in colour groups butthey have the number and DMC/anchor/other written on bobbin, I love my pretty rainbow box!

Was very good yesterday and started backstitch on page one of Welsh chapel - still not got round to sorting a new camera lead so you'll just have to believe me it looks fab:p Just several hours stitching to go!

Hope everyone stays safe in these troubled times - there is a facebook page for our town saying "don't come here there's nowt worth stealing" - which is sadly mostly true.
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon ladies.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I like the idea of bobbins all nice and neat in a box but I rarely buy whole skeins. The ones I do have are stored in a large pencil case type thing in small individual zip lock bags with their number ticket sleeve.
    Having said that I have a thread order for across town all ready to go, just need to be bothered to order it.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    My imag-e-nation stuff arrived today - never realised I had bought quite so much 'flippin' card stuff lol (as well as other ranges):o

Just had a look through and for under £20 I have got enough stuff to make nearly 50 cards :T

Think I will ditch 'Corrie' at the weekend and do some more cardmaking instead :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    hi everyone,

sorry to hear Corrie is being annoying Louise. - though it is a little bit of a relief to hear you suffer stitching-glitches like the rest of us! x

re bobbins... unused skeins are now in ziplock sandwich bags with others of their type/brand (previously just in a tin). when i first use a skein of floss it gets unwound and put on a plastic bobbin (not cardboard due to the possible high acid content), with it's number on it. i do the same to those cheapy threads from 99p stores. Then i can put the threads for a pattern nicely togther on a metal split ring. i like those big split rings.

~~~

i've had a bit of a realisation. i now think i know why i'm struggling so much to finish the silly little card for Val. i mean, how hard is it to finish some silly little flowers, yes they are fiddly and full of 3/4stitches, but really they are less than an inch in area!!

i think it's because i dont have her address, so would have to phone my mum to get it... and we havnt spoken since she almost ruined my OH's birthday back on 15th July. i'd warned dad a week before that if she continued with her aweful erratic behaviour then i'd have to give her space for a bit, and he said he understood. it's not like i'm not answering the phone, she's not called me either. but then again, in her eyes i have "made all the wrong life decisions", am "a constant disapointment" and embarras her so much she cries because i look for bargains and am "fat and so awefully scruffy".

sorry for the winge. i know my problems are nothing compared to many. maybe we can call this therapy?
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh I don't like those bobbins - I keep mine in a box... and (for me) part of the fun of a new project is poking through the box to see what I have. Sad. Ok. Sorry!

It's not sad at all ! I would say that because I'm just the same - love to get all my stash out every so often and just "play" with it. I've even bought a fan file and sorted my charts into it grouped by theme. My other hobbies are sorted into sets of drawers and each drawer is labelled.

I think I'll have to reorganise my threads now though, from colour groups into number order so I can check for any gaps. I'm off to Florida in Nov and always stock up when I'm there - in the sales I can get 4 or 5 for one dollar which works out at 17 pence each. It's a disgrace what we have to pay over here.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    23rdspiral wrote: »
    hi everyone,

sorry to hear Corrie is being annoying Louise. - though it is a little bit of a relief to hear you suffer stitching-glitches like the rest of us! x

LOL thanks :D Tbh I was the same with Highland Living, but got there eventually.

I also think it's cos I've also had a heck of a lot on at the moment, so not much free time to 'get into it' either.
    i think it's because i dont have her address, so would have to phone my mum to get it... and we havnt spoken since she almost ruined my OH's birthday back on 15th July. i'd warned dad a week before that if she continued with her aweful erratic behaviour then i'd have to give her space for a bit, and he said he understood. it's not like i'm not answering the phone, she's not called me either. but then again, in her eyes i have "made all the wrong life decisions", am "a constant disapointment" and embarras her so much she cries because i look for bargains and am "fat and so awefully scruffy".

!!!!!!??? :eek: No wonder you haven't spoken to her :mad:

Could you perhaps phone your dad and get him to find out the address maybe?
    sorry for the winge. i know my problems are nothing compared to many. maybe we can call this therapy?

Maybe we can. Never think your problems are any less important because they seem 'smaller'....Sometimes the littlest things in life are the hardest to take. You can sit on a mountain more comfortably than on a tack. . :)

Louxxx
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • Observer
    Observer Posts: 504 Forumite
    Options
    *Louise* wrote: »
    !!!!!!??? :eek: No wonder you haven't spoken to her :mad:

Agreed!! That seems extremely uncalled for.
    Maybe we can. Never think your problems are any less important because they seem 'smaller'....Sometimes the littlest things in life are the hardest to take. You can sit on a mountain more comfortably than on a tack. . :)

Lou thats a lovely sentiment! I like the picture that conjures up in my brain :rotfl: And I think a little break for card making sounds a very good idea :D

Hope everyone is well, staying safe, dry and stitchy-cosy xx
    Challenge savings 2010-2016 £1564.60:j
    Sealed Pot Challenge #220 :staradmin :staradmin '16 £17.01
  • nykied
    nykied Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    I third the previous two comments Louise, totally justified not talking to her.

Regarding the grouping of threads, I used to keep them in one of those plastic 4-drawer chests in colour groups but I could never find them. I have, however, printed off one of the conversion charts and marked off which numbers I have and whether I've got the Anchor/DMC equivalent. OCD? Yes I am :D
  • trying_hard
    Options
    Hope everyone is ok & safe x

I keep all mine in number order and have a checklist so that I can tick them off, I keep them in the plastic boxes and all wound onto bobbins.

I have my eye on this as I have just heard that I have been left a some money from a family friend (£100), I know I should put it towards debts but she wouldn't have wanted that and I think this would be nice to remember her by and also pass down to my daughter. I would love that DMC box that someone else was thinking of (sorry can't remember who) What do you think?

I have a Kindle too, I got it from ebay earlier in the year, used and an older version but a bargain at £50!
    8 years of being on a DMP finished 3/3/14
  • Soulie
    Soulie Posts: 391 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2011 at 8:15PM
    Options
    ejs2311 wrote: »
    Soulie - BAD SOULIE!!! Just clicked the link to imagenation - you should so not have posted that link - I have no willpower where craft is concerned!!!

But, but, but, it's soooooo cheap, so I'm forgiven right?? :o
    hehe

My imag-e-nation stuff arrived today - never realised I had bought quite so much 'flippin' card stuff lol (as well as other ranges):o

Just had a look through and for under £20 I have got enough stuff to make nearly 50 cards :T

heh, mine came on Monday, not bad for free delivery really!

I've just caught up on the last 3 or 4 days worth of posts as I have been in bed sick for 4 days, really awful sore throat adn bad headache, so I haven't done any stitching recently either.

I did make a framin' card for my cousin who gave birth to her second baby yesterday, so I just need to add some ribbon before I send it off to welcome baby Lizzie to the family :T

I also managed to make a bracelet to donate to the raffle that my friend is doing to raise money for the baby unit at St. James' in my brother's memory. She's already sent off £100 to them from doing various gala's and such. But now we have a date so opefully we can get a bit more money :T

Right, I'm off back to bed, done well today, been up since 1pm :rotfl:

ETA. Gosh, just remembered.... the Eagle kit turned up today and by the looks of things, the eagle is the only part of it which is full stitches, the entire background is half stitches, which is great!!
    Also, another thing, my Mum and Step-Dad had a bench installed at the Church where Steven is, with a lovely plaque, and on Sunday they were invited to the church for the blessing of the bench. Mum said it was emotional but a good service.
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May
    Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read all Unread Books: 20 / 47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family