PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How to Get Through The Tough Times The Old Style Way.

Options

Comments

• Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hi all

DD home from Tokyo and pouncing on my breadmaker. Only problem is I can't find the manual......! It's a Kenwood Rapid Bake a few years old now. Does anyone know where I can find a manual please? Preferably free.

Have a lovely day.

gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all

DD home from Tokyo and pouncing on my breadmaker. Only problem is I can't find the manual......! It's a Kenwood Rapid Bake a few years old now. Does anyone know where I can find a manual please? Preferably free.

Have a lovely day.

gintot

Hi,

Kenwood have their own website:-

http://manual.kenwood.com/en_contents/search/

And if that fails these two options from our Collections may help:-

Sharing (and sourcing) manuals and instruction books

Also:-

http://www.instruction-manuals.co.uk/
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    joeck68 My lot are the same, they love meat, me a i can take it or leave it. I "season" our meals with beef stock cubes and brown lentils , as they taste quite meaty. I recently made a mince pie which was literally onion, brown lentils, veg, beef stock cubes and gravy. Everyone thought it was full of meat, including my dad who eats meat in almost every meal and snack. When in fact they was none in, its a matter of tricking the taste buds, evil i know. As for curry i posted a recipe up for nonya laksa in the grocery thread which is vegan but can be easily adapted.

I also make goan curry, with potato and eggs. Very filling and colourful. So if they was meat in it, you wouldn't see it anyway. I use the base recipe for prawns and eggs.

What about macaroni cheese, but add a bit of mustard to it? I tricked my lot into thinking it had bacon in it. As the mustard has an extra texture to it.
    Instead of beans with jackets potato what about chilli? Our love this or any leftovers. Works well for us.

Sorry of the above's useless.:o
  • gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning guys

what a day was sunny summers day today.
    today torential rain.
    although new raincoat passed the rain test im dry and easily pleased!:D

Hate school run intherain,of course was late.
    rednose day lost the red nosehad to nose dive into boot of people carrier to find it not pleasent sight.

Got to school realised owe them yet more moneyfor play they want to see,seems neverending.

Well the clary sage and curry failed lastnight still nobaby.
    just very uncomfortable and grumpy.
    see midwife later and have no idea when hubbys home from work.

Couldentface going to butchers today as feel quite sick.

forgot tosay yesterday in cheapy shopstore 21 brought 2huge reduced piggybanksin shape of pig £1.50 each.

needtokickstartmy savings planashalfway through march and allI have is

2pounds in banksavings:(
    2quidon asda card
    2.50ofadvantage points,

wondered how everyone else divides their savings.

wanted to do

savings for xmas-cash/vouchers and stamps
    savings for sales.
    think carboot /nearly new sale pot might be good.

Alsomy xmas 2011 plan not started.

buy stuff for xmas now-got 4no7vouchers.
    startmaking stuff for xmas if do few bits each month wont feel overwhelmed.

gutted dident get to try seville orange marmalade.
    hubbys in strop as still not had chance to use new bread machine.

have few bills topay thismonth.

bad news budget wise was planning joint baptism for september.
    but preist leaving parish so need to do it sooner.
    now trying to work out reception venue and cheapest possible cost of doing it,dont mind selfcatering. The horrors of eldests 5th birthday still fresh in my mind.

Had a lot of plans this year as if new baby wasent enough.

mine is to clear my overdraft.
    hubbys was to clear his creditcards.
    keep to budget be more self sufficient.
    save more and be more shopping savvy.
    maybe go on family hols inseptember when cheaper.
    have xmas2011 organised so can enjoy september.
    keep baby costs to min.
    ensure house is decluttered and enough storage to keep it tidy and organised.
    Spend quality time as family doing more outdoorsey stuff like bikes,picnics,park and beach.

My personal ambitions-do more crafts as love my sewing maybe even do few craft fairs if good enough.
    improve mypreserves and baking skills as know thats where my weakness lies. I always do savoury.
    Would be lovley to impress at school cakes sale with fancy cupcakes.
    But that might get inway of other goal lose weight:rotfl:as think I might enjoy cupcakes far too much!
    Would love to doflower arranging course think im30going on70!

Hope everyones ok today.
    pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    re noisy neighbours.....I've got to the point at times I worry about them when they don't come in...;) One flat we loved living in was blighted only by the person whose bathroom was above our bedroom. The only thing we heard from him was his early moning piddle (at between 5:10 and 5:20am). The day he didn't piddle until quarter to seven made us late to get up.

I love not having noisy neighbours now. The problem I have ATM in this old house is I can't hear whats going on within the house, the walls are so thick...so rarely hear the dogs downstairs when I am upstairs. It took a while to get used to. I hear the milking start next door, but tbh, I find it quite comforting, part of the rhythm of my day...and a boot to tell me I'm late.

Huge;y different having a routine to the noise.

The most annoying neighbour was an older lady who had radio four on at full vlume in her amazing open plan flat, the size of a five bed house.....but it meant she needed serious volume. I also listen to radio four, but it came through half a second later....it did my head in for a bit and it wasn't particularly offensive.
    :) I know exactly what you mean; I was used to hearing Idiot Boy's predecessor living his life but it never bothered me. In fact, although he never knew it, his auntie was one of my pals! I was wierded-out when he left to live with a girlfriend and there was only silence up there before IB came. If I could have has any idea of what hell was to start I would have savoured every blessed minute of it. What gets me is the sheer randomness of the noise; you can be quietly in bed and there will a sudden noise as if someone has stood on a chair and hurled a huge basket of bricks at the bare tiled floor upstairs. Silence before and after. Then there's the nights when he contantly beats "tunes" out on the woodwork and/ or the central heating pipes and too many other lunacies to mention.....as I told the H.O.; "If I wasn't experiencing it myself I wouldn't believe it."

I had a look at the overlay which popped off LR7 (my back molar as my wisdom teeth are gone). Bearing in mind everything checked out fine in January, there is now a small wear hole in the metal so I think decay has started in what is left of the tooth and that caused the underlay to ping off. I've has it about 15-16 years and it was the last ditch then before a crown, so I am blaming IB for the wear and tear. And the pain and suffering which will no doubt follow. My own dentist doesn't work on Fridays but I got an emergency appt with his partner but I suspect it'll just have to be a patch job until next week.......thank goodness for savings and a £100 bonus from a bank account which will be coming my way next month....

squeaky Loved you post. "Every pound's a prisoner" is my sig.;)
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Squeaky for the breadmaker manual info.

You're a star!

gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Margaret54
    Margaret54 Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gailey:) Glad it arrived and it was my pleasure love. You are most welcome Take good care Margaret xx
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Options
    GQ - you have my sympathy - I am terrible with dentists and dread having to go. :)

Gailey - why do you need to have the baptism early if the priest is leaving? Surely if you book the church will book a visiting minister/local retired to cover? thats what would happen here anyways. (My mum was a church admin and my dad is a minister - and thats the procedure here):) As for baby - dont panic he will arrive when hes ready - remember its a male :)
  • purpleheather2810
    Options
    shegar wrote: »
    Oh you bossy so and so .!!:D...get your whip out girl.....:eek:

I had beautiful rice pudding for desert at tea time, I made it myself.......worked out pretty cheap id say..........2 pints full cream milk and 4 ounces of tesco long grain rice....put in the microwave for 25 mins on full power and stirring a couple of times , it was so creamy and fluffy....been a long time since ive made home made rice......worked out £1.23 p for desert and that fed the 2 of us,:j so thats what you call MS .......61 p for one desert :D............thats a good desert when you have a large family to feed very cheap and very good for you................didnt even add sugar it was lovely as it was.:D:D and very filling........:D

Right I'm going to try this for tea tonight - surplus of milk and I was wondering if I could use normal rice since I'm trying to have a NSD... Does it really not need any sugar??
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • joeck68
    joeck68 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :eek: Ohmigawd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just used a bit of floss round the back of one of my back teeth and the gold overlay has come off lowe right 7. Have got an emergency appt for 1.50pm to see if it can be glued back in again but if the tooth is rotten underneath.......wah!!!!!

:mad: Hold onto your wallets and purses in sympathy, it's gonna be a tough day for moi................ :eek:

Ouch - that'll hurt your wallet - I have a large filling in my back molar which has hung on for years, each time I go for a checkup my dentist is amazed its still there, but I've educated myself never to chew on that side, to make it last longer. She did say that when it finally gives up, there's not enough tooth left to fill it, so it'll be a crown, and that's around £600 :eek: :eek: :eek:

In fact, you've reminded me to start looking around at dental insurance, or health cashback plans, to cover the costs when it happens. Will get on to that later....:think:

Had to go to the doctor this morning, I've had shocking ear pain for a week now, and turns out I have an abscess in my ear, so am on penicillin for a week (£7.20 for a prescription :eek: - my god, who can afford to be ill!!!!). Still, hopefully that will soon sort it out.

This morning I'm planning a visit to the library, the weather is wet and miserable here, and I don't feel like tackling my essay with earache, so a nice juicy novel might hit the spot - there's some new titles out that I would like to read, so fingers crossed there's some in stock. Tomorrow I'm off to the theatre with DD and DH to see the Chuckle Brothers, in Barry Potter and his half blood brother - can't wait, they're guaranteed to have us in hysterics, and chuckling for hours afterwards. :D :rotfl:

Not too much OS today, after my mammoth baking session yesterday (every bit of it has been eaten!), and, disgusting as it sounds, I had the remains of lostinrates excellent potato and egg curry for breakfast - super delish, and took me back to my student days, when left over curry and pizza was considered the norm for brekkie :D

Right, have a nice day fellow OS'ers - hugs to those that need them - I have to catch up on quite a few messages, will try and post again later after my library trip

x Jo x
    Debts at their highest: £37,500 :eek:
    Hope to be debt free sometime in 2013 :D
    Me, DH, our DD, 1 cat, 3 Gerbils, lots of fish, and 1 allotment :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts