Reg4Vehicles.co.uk

Options
Can someone please help?

Paid £2,500 for a private registration plate in April 2009 and still have never received it. They also have the V5 document.

Managing Director is abusive and threatening. Contacted DVLA, Citizens Advice, Trading Standards and now a lawyer who has advised a court action has been raised and ignored so cant do anymore apart from advise we get a lawyer in England to deal with the case (we're in Scotland).

At my wits end as no-one seems to be able to help and the company have our money and V5. Surely this is fraud?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    Options
    You dont need a lawyer for your claim, it gets assigned to small claims court for under £5000 where you represent yourself. IF they ignore the summons than a judgement can be made in their absence.

Also id report my v5 as stolen, simple as, and have a new one issued and the old reference cancelled so he shouldnt be able to use it or clone your plates without somebody noticing the documents dont match records.

As for the issue, why havnt they supplied the reg? whats their excuse? why are they abusive?
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Name and Shame.

Edit - I see you have!
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • romi-j
    romi-j Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    You dont need a lawyer for your claim, it gets assigned to small claims court for under £5000 where you represent yourself. IF they ignore the summons than a judgement can be made in their absence.

Also id report my v5 as stolen, simple as, and have a new one issued and the old reference cancelled so he shouldnt be able to use it or clone your plates without somebody noticing the documents dont match records.

As for the issue, why havnt they supplied the reg? whats their excuse? why are they abusive?

Thanks for the info. After numerous calls to citizens advice etc. I thought the lawyer would be my only option.

It's actually my mum who has tried to purchase the private plate. I told her not to send payment via a cheque as she would have no come back but she forgot and sent the cheque! She called their office and was told there's a delay due to the owner of the plate losing documents, then it was DVLA's fault. After 3 calls and an email she spoke to the Managing Director who said she was harassing his staff and if she continued to call them he would take legal action and this would hold up the process even longer.

Also received a letter from him saying all correspondence must be in writing, not to call or email. The letter was totally unprofessional and in some parts came across as threatening. Theres numerous bad reviews on reviewcentre but my mum didn't look at them before she purchased the plate. My brother passed away and she was wanting a registration with his name, which makes it all the more upsetting.
  • 4743hudsonj
    Options
    romi-j wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. After numerous calls to citizens advice etc. I thought the lawyer would be my only option.

It's actually my mum who has tried to purchase the private plate. I told her not to send payment via a cheque as she would have no come back but she forgot and sent the cheque! She called their office and was told there's a delay due to the owner of the plate losing documents, then it was DVLA's fault. After 3 calls and an email she spoke to the Managing Director who said she was harassing his staff and if she continued to call them he would take legal action and this would hold up the process even longer.

Also received a letter from him saying all correspondence must be in writing, not to call or email. The letter was totally unprofessional and in some parts came across as threatening. Theres numerous bad reviews on reviewcentre but my mum didn't look at them before she purchased the plate. My brother passed away and she was wanting a registration with his name, which makes it all the more upsetting.

Sorry actually forgot to ask if she paid via credit card or not in my first post. Still not sure as you said she forgot to send cheque.
  • romi-j
    Options
    Sorry, what I meant to say was she forgot about me telling her not to send a cheque but went ahead and sent one instead of using a credit card
  • 4743hudsonj
    Options
    romi-j wrote: »
    Sorry, what I meant to say was she forgot about me telling her not to send a cheque but went ahead and sent one instead of using a credit card

Well when this is all better you can breathe a sigh of releif ad say i told you so:rotfl: hopefully it shows her the merits of using credit cards for things like this, i take it they have cashed the cheque?
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    I think you need to formalise this. Write to them giving them 14 days to either a) complete the registration transfer or b) return the money and V5.

Reg4Vehicles.co.uk sound a shoddy organisation.
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    Just noticed from their website:

We follow a strict complaints procedure and two Codes of Practice. As members of the CNDA and RMI, we can offer use of an Independent Conciliation and Arbitration process. The Codes of Practice for both CNDA and RMI can be found on the RMI website. The RMI can be contacted directly via: Head of CNDA, RMI, 201 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5AB
  • romi-j
    Options
    Well when this is all better you can breathe a sigh of releif ad say i told you so:rotfl: hopefully it shows her the merits of using credit cards for things like this, i take it they have cashed the cheque?

The same thing happened with another company she tried to buy a private plate from but thankfully they refunded her after they couldn't provide the plate.

You think she would have learned then! Yes they cashed the cheque in September 2009. Drives me insane thinking a company is allowed to take peoples money and get away with it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure