Reg4Vehicles.co.uk

Options

Comments

• romi-j
    romi-j Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Just noticed from their website:

We follow a strict complaints procedure and two Codes of Practice. As members of the CNDA and RMI, we can offer use of an Independent Conciliation and Arbitration process. The Codes of Practice for both CNDA and RMI can be found on the The RMI can be contacted directly via: Head of CNDA, RMI, 201 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5AB

Thanks for this. I've been in touch with them previously and nothing came of it.

However, I emailed them again today and this was their reply:-

We need your postal address to send to you the case reference which need to be completed. Once completed we will forward it on to the member for their response. When both parties have replied I then forward the file to MILS Solicitors – (mediators/conciliators) for their opinion. This is not legally binding, if conciliation fails we can then forward the case to independent arbitration, this will bring about a legally binding decision.

Not sure if this will work as they have ignored the court notice and all other correspondence from the lawyer. I have a horrible feeling they will go into administration and then re-open under a family members name
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    romi-j wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I've been in touch with them previously and nothing came of it.

However, I emailed them again today and this was their reply:-

We need your postal address to send to you the case reference which need to be completed. Once completed we will forward it on to the member for their response. When both parties have replied I then forward the file to MILS Solicitors – (mediators/conciliators) for their opinion. This is not legally binding, if conciliation fails we can then forward the case to independent arbitration, this will bring about a legally binding decision.

Not sure if this will work as they have ignored the court notice and all other correspondence from the lawyer. I have a horrible feeling they will go into administration and then re-open under a family members name

What do you actually mean by "Court Notice"?
  • romi-j
    Options
    I will double check with my mum but she received an email from her lawyer saying they had sent a court notice to the company.

I'm not sure what would happen if they choose to ignore it. That's when he also advised we might be best getting a lawyer down south.
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What do you actually mean by "Court Notice"?

It sounds like it might be a final Letter before Action?
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    romi-j wrote: »
    I will double check with my mum but she received an email from her lawyer saying they had sent a court notice to the company.

I'm not sure what would happen if they choose to ignore it. That's when he also advised we might be best getting a lawyer down south.

I think you need to just get on and sue.
  • romi-j
    Options
    Sorry for still going on about the above but im confused after reading email correspondence from my mums lawyer.

He states that:-

There was no response to the Court Summons. In those circumstances we were entitled to ask the Court to issue a Decree (Judgment/Court Order) for payment on 16 April.

2. The Extract Decree was received shortly after my email to your mother of 17 May and that is all reflected in my emails of 1 and 2 June.

The Court Order for Payment has been made, then, but if that continues to be ignored, as very many Court Orders for payment are, then one requires to take further steps to enforce. In Scotland, for example, one could arrest a Bank Account, attach moveable property, do a Money Attachment or threaten a Liquidation. We are not, however, dealing with a Scottish debtor company but rather one based in England. That is a different jurisdiction and so we need to engage the help of English Solicitors who have the knowledge of the procedures available to a creditor there.

Does anyone know what this means as his recent solution is for a Liquidation Petition which my mum has to pay £2k for upfront and she could lose this money as well as the outstanding money for the registration vehicle.

Thanks
  • AndyAndyAndy
    AndyAndyAndy Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    As fair as I was aware if ordered to pay the money by a court which it appears he was then he is also in contempt of court? that's a pretty serious offense. I also believed that after a court judgement upon failure to pay bailiffs can seize property to cover the value of the debt and their own costs? I'm sure someone else has much more knowledge though so stand to be corrected.
  • romi-j
    Options
    AndyDent93 wrote: »
    As fair as I was aware if ordered to pay the money by a court which it appears he was then he is also in contempt of court? that's a pretty serious offense. I also believed that after a court judgement upon failure to pay bailiffs can seize property to cover the value of the debt and their own costs? I'm sure someone else has much more knowledge though so stand to be corrected.

That's what I had read but he keeps mentioning that because the company isn't Scottish then we will have to get a lawyer down south to enforce this.
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    AndyDent93 wrote: »

This is a civil matter, through and through, therefore no "offences" can be commited.

With regards to the court summons, if the director didnt show up or didnt send a representative for the company, it would have been a default judgement, meaning that the OP wins by default. The judgement is often referred to as a CCJ (County Court Judgement) and this will affect the company's credit file.

Here in England, via the small claims court, upon receiving a default win you then need to re-apply for the relevant warrant to enable court bailiffs to get involved to try to reclaim the money, by way of cash or goods. This is sometimes referred to as a "Distress Warrant" - it will be required by the bailiff that you choose to represent you.

I will do some digging for you to find out if the CCJ has actually been registered with the courts.
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2010 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Wow, sorry to be the one to bring the bad news. I have some very powerful software that I use for my own business, and it shows up a lot of information on other Ltd companies, such as info from their credit file, how many times they have been to court, etc etc

Out of 100, Reg4Vehicles (the alias is listed as "r4v") credit score is 2! 2 out of 100 puts them in the "Extreme Risk" catagory.

I am also showing up the following info about them and their court appearances:

APR-2010: County Court Judgment (CCJ), JAN-2010: County Court Judgment (CCJ), NOV-2009: Winding up petition, SEP-2009: County Court Judgment (CCJ), MAR-2009: County Court Judgment (CCJ).

This shows that they have been to court 4 times and have 1 winding up petition submitted against them. A winding up petition is a legal document that is submitted by the party or parties wishing to liquidate the company. These parties may be the directors of the company themselves, or may be a third party such as a creditor. So someone has requested to liquidate the company, probably one of the other court claimants.

OK, so the next step for you is to apply to the county court where the case was heard, to apply for the warrant. I stated they are called Distress Warrants, your lawyer may commonly know it as a "Warrant of Execution" - your lawyer should be able to do this on your behalf.

You need to get the bailiffs in so they can attempt to claim the money back, by way of cash or goods, BEFORE attempting to liquidate the company. The petition should be the very last resort.

I can confirm that the address listed on the company's website is the same address listed with Companies House, so the bailiffs will have a good chance of locating them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure