Reg4Vehicles.co.uk

Options

Comments

• romi-j
    romi-j Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    DebtHater wrote: »
    Wow, sorry to be the one to bring the bad news. I have some very powerful software that I use for my own business, and it shows up a lot of information on other Ltd companies, such as info from their credit file, how many times they have been to court, etc etc

Out of 100, Reg4Vehicles (the alias is listed as "r4v") credit score is 2! 2 out of 100 puts them in the "Extreme Risk" catagory.

I am also showing up the following info about them and their court appearances:

APR-2010: County Court Judgment (CCJ), JAN-2010: County Court Judgment (CCJ), NOV-2009: Winding up petition, SEP-2009: County Court Judgment (CCJ), MAR-2009: County Court Judgment (CCJ).

This shows that they have been to court 4 times and have 1 winding up petition submitted against them. A winding up petition is a legal document that is submitted by the party or parties wishing to liquidate the company. These parties may be the directors of the company themselves, or may be a third party such as a creditor. So someone has requested to liquidate the company, probably one of the other court claimants.

OK, so the next step for you is to apply to the county court where the case was heard, to apply for the warrant. I stated they are called Distress Warrants, your lawyer may commonly know it as a "Warrant of Execution" - your lawyer should be able to do this on your behalf.

You need to get the bailiffs in so they can attempt to claim the money back, by way of cash or goods, BEFORE attempting to liquidate the company. The petition should be the very last resort.

I can confirm that the address listed on the company's website is the same address listed with Companies House, so the bailiffs will have a good chance of locating them.

Thank you so much for your help. I dont understand how this company is still allowed to operate!

Would the baliffs etc still be the case even though we are in Scotland and Reg 4 Vehicles in are in England? Im getting confused with the different legal rules as the Scottish Courts can be different from England.
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 12:33PM
    Options
    romi-j wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your help. I dont understand how this company is still allowed to operate!

Would the baliffs etc still be the case even though we are in Scotland and Reg 4 Vehicles in are in England? Im getting confused with the different legal rules as the Scottish Courts can be different from England.

When the court summons/judgement was issued, in what country was this done?

I can tell you that in English law, the court case is always dealt with in the defendent's home town court, or nearest county court to the defendents registered office. So I would imagine that English law would definitely apply in this case, but its all dependent on what town is stated on the county court forms. When a claim first gets put through in England, it goes via a clearing centre in Northampton, then it gets directed to the defendents nearest county court, unless there are exceptional circumstances
  • romi-j
    romi-j Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not too sure. The lawyer isn't the best at communicating and since he was dealing with my mum at the start, she wasn't sure of the right questions to ask.

I have emailed him and await a reply. I have a feeling it might have been Scotland but could be wrong! I will let you know as soon as I find out.
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    DebtHater wrote: »

I can tell you that in English law, the court case is always dealt with in the defendent's home town court, or nearest county court to the defendents registered office. So I would imagine that English law would definitely apply in this case, but its all dependent on what town is stated on the county court forms. When a claim first gets put through in England, it goes via a clearing centre in Northampton, then it gets directed to the defendents nearest county court, unless there are exceptional circumstances

No it isn't.

The presumption is that a case will be transferred to the Defendant's local court. However, the circumstances of the case may lead a district judge to order different directions.

However, if the Claimant is an individual, the presumption is rebutted so that it stays with the Claimant's local Court.

Northampton is only relevant in respect of bulk clearing cases and moneyclaimonline issued claims.
  • Ianc66
    Options
    Hi I paid for a number plate just over two years ago and have received
    nothing from them. I sent recorded delivery letters asking them to either supply the registration certificate or a refund.

As I received nothing I launched legal proceedings against these people. The court found in my favour, however I have never been able to get a penny back as they operate out of a PO Box address, therefore making it impossible for baliffs to act.

The man is an out and out con artist. If anyone is able to get any money back, please could you let me know as I have a CCJ for him.
  • rudski
    Options
    I also have a CCJ against Reg4Vehicles.co.uk. My father passed away last year and I got Reg4vehicles.co.uk to sell his private plate on my mothers behalf. No payment and lots of excuses so took them straight to court. Got the CCJ but the value of the claim does not warrant the cost of instructing baliffs or applying for a winding up petition. Would be happy to go for a group action and share the costs between all parties to get this company wound up. Maybe start up a website as I am sure that there are many others in the same situation. You could try the police as this could be a fraudulant case, ie. they may never had the number plate to sell and just been advertising it?
  • Equaliser123
    Options
    Given the numbers that are apparently involved, seems to me like a co-ordinated complaint to Trading Standards is in order.
  • Ianc66
    Options
    As a new user I'm unable to post any links, but it appears that Mr Verma and his company have been very prolific. Try a Google search and put in reg4vehicles. There are a number of interesting results, primarily to the Daily Mirror site with a team of investigators, plus the review centre site as well. I'd recommend everyone affected comments on these.

In addition if you go onto the Leicester Mercury newspaper website and put reg4vehicles into their search bar at the top of the page, you will be amazed at the article.
  • mollypoppy
    Options
    What about contacting BBC Watchdog program?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure