Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 28th Jun 08, 11:44 AM
    • 17,431Posts
    • 40,365Thanks
    Pink.
    July 2008 Grocery Challenge
    • 28th Jun 08, 11:44 AM
    July 2008 Grocery Challenge 28th Jun 08 at 11:44 AM
    Hello everyone,

Welcome to the seventh Grocery Challenge of 2008.

If your new month starts early feel free to join this thread, or if you're still working on your June budget, then keep on posting in the June Grocery Challenge.

As always this challenge is to reduce your own grocery budget to levels that you will be pleased with, not forgetting that we always recommend that you stay inside your own comfort levels and take things gently one step at a time. Remember that this is not a competition....it's designed to take you and your grocery spending to a level you are happy with.

If you are new to the challenge I have quoted the advice from Galtizz below which will help you get started.

Please post into this thread for help and advice and support at any time. Good luck to everyone taking part!

I have said this before, but for all the newbies to the challenge;

For the first month I took a guess at the budget but I really had no idea how much I was spending.

I found the best thing is to have a guess the first month but SAVE ALL OF YOUR RECEIPTS (and yes, that does include the ones from the local shop when you run out of milk ), then at the end of the month add them all up and have a look if you were on budget, if not, it doesn't matter because your budget was a guess. For the next month you can use the total of your receipts and take a bit off to get a realistic budget, just shave off as much as you think you can, it could be £1 a week or £20 a week.

If you are currently spending £200 a month don't suddenly drop it to £100 - you'll never do it but if you cut £20 a month off for a few months you'll get there eventually without feeling you're missing out on anything.

You might think you've done everything you can in the first month but someone always comes up with a new idea and, if you try it you often find you save a bit more (unless you are SarahSaver who is an expert at this and could only save more if she turned her back garden into a paddy field and lived on rice ) In the first month I thought, I'm planning meals, I couldn't possibly save any more, but then I started double cooking and freezing, and making soup instead of buying it in tins.

I've been doing this since Feb but only saved ALL of my receipts last month, it has given me a much better idea of where it is all going. Budget for next month is £80 for 2 of us, I'll start on 30/4. I could probably save more, by eating different foods but I can afford to live on £80, I have saved a lot of money since Feb. and I don't waste food or money any more. So I'm happy with my budget.
    by Galtizz

I hope everyone has a great month!

Pink
Page 65
    • OrkneyStar
    • By OrkneyStar 9th Jul 08, 6:17 AM
    • 6,672 Posts
    • 42,974 Thanks
    OrkneyStar
    Morning all,
    Not read through last nights posts yet but hoping to later when DS napping! Just to say I managed an NSD yesterday, after the Tesco spending trip on Monday night!
    The hm ciabatta was a real success, yum yum yum. Stew for tea tonight, made with stew that had been cooked a while back and frozen. Just have to add some stock and carrots and onions to it, once its completely defrosted. Will have with tatties and gravy.
    Hope everyone has a good MS morning.
    Ta ra for now.
    Last edited by OrkneyStar; 09-07-2008 at 6:29 AM.
  • dink1
    another nsd?
    Hi GUys,

hopefully another NSD, just about getting the hang of this... which is just as well as only have £35 for the next four weeks, however I do know that we have all the meat and stuff for all meals bar the famous F+V - where would we be without it LOL.

Herbaholic - sorry to hear you have a migrance hun, hopefully you will feel slightly better today.

SFT - have you decided where you will be going? did the toucan get replaced????

Clair2305 - Welcome back!

Mrs Snowy - thanks about the MIL, her only saving grace is that I guess she is not particularly malicious she however manipulative and nothing I ever do seems to be good enough! I try hard for the sake of DH and monchkins as they deserve her in their lives but to be truthful I sometimes wonder if its more trouble than its worth (after 17 years of her!!!!) She is blunt to the pointof rudeness and believes that this is honesty!?! eg: Oh dear I think you looked better in the red dress you dont look so fat in that! lol

Oh well off to earn my halo
    Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50
  • newmoneysaver
    I've back in work today - I've not been in for six weeks I think it might be a shock to the system.

I'm going to have to buy lunch today as I am between office and I won't have access to the kitchen/fridge, but I have booked a mystery shop for tonight so that I don't have to cook. Hubby has enjoyed me being at home and baking all the nice goodies.

Yesterday I made a batch of twinks, a batch of millies cookies, a cake which has sunk in the middle and two quiches. My Mum popped in half way through my baking session and stayed to help - she went away with the twinks recipie.

I spent £2.29 in Aldi and £3.41 in Asda
    • mumofjusttwo
    • By mumofjusttwo 9th Jul 08, 7:00 AM
    • 2,602 Posts
    • 40,789 Thanks
    mumofjusttwo
    Hope all goes well today Newmoneysaver.

Well NSD yesterday and plan on a NSD today as well.
    January Grocery 11/374
  • Coolmum66
    Morning all

Had major problems with my computer - eventually sorted!

My total for last weeks shop was £55.09 - not too good out of £200 budget. Will perhaps be eating stale bread and rain water towards the end of the month!!

Having said that - I've not had to go and buy more bread or milk yet this week - so that's a big plus.

Coolmum x
    Debt at 2nd LBM (!) Jun 08 £8,435 - hm, let's not go there!!
    DFW Nerd - 721 / DFW Long Hauler 4 / DFD - ASAP!!
    Sealed pot challenge - member 336 - £200 target
  • Herbaholic
    Morning all

Hope everyone is feeling bright and shiny despite the dull grey day! Hugs to all those that need them and hugs to those that don't, just because I'm in a huggy mood Yes Dink1 the migraine is gone now thank freckle! Thanks for asking I ended up going to Asda yesterday with DH to get some bananas and other bits will update siggy in a minute, DH said I needed to get out of the house, which was true been in since Sunday and he needed petrol, so off we went and I got whoopsied!!!!

I usually miss all the bargains and can never get to the reduced section due to loads of people and I don't do so well with crowds and cramped places. But yesterday as I walked passed one of meat fridges, one of the staff were throwing stuff on the shelves and when I looked it was whoopsied organic fillet steak was £6.38 now 50p!!!
    I also got 4 sirlion steaks was £8 down to £1, I got a 4 pack of extra special lamb chops (50p), organic pork fillets - 2 pack (£1), rib eye steak (50p) and pork loin chops - 4 pack(50p). When we added the total up it would have been almost £40 at full price and we got it for £4 Enough meat for about 8 meals. I couldn't believe it, usually these days when meat is reduced in Asda its something like 50p off something that was £4.95 or something, haven't had such good prices for absolutely ages!

After reading Angelnikki's post yesterday about people taking all the supercook stuff (all that's left in my Asda are almond essence and paper cake cases and I have enough of those already as sister got a catering pack from someone she knows). I thought I'd share the love with other MSE'rs that happened along, so I didn't load all the meat into my basket (DH cried when I only took one pack of fillet steak lol!), I just took one of each, but the next woman that came along swept all that was left into her trolley and said to her partner "We may use it all before it gets freezer burn and we have to throw it out, but at this price what does it matter?" She didn't even look at what it was she was loading into her trolley, just the price! Her partner said but we don't eat pork, but she shoved it in her trolley anyway :confused: I walked away thinking that she couldn't have been a fellow MSEr, she'd have had a meal plan and ideas to use all she had already if she was and wouldn't consider throwing such bargains away lol!

I love bargains but don't see the point in stockpiling too much, especially if it means others won't be able to save a little with me, part of the fun for me these days is sharing the love, knowing I'm not alone in trying to cut my spending and feeling inspired by others on here with their kind words, advice and tasty recipes. I walk round the supermarket now and see an offer and say ohhh must tell the peeps on MSE about that, when I get back someones got there first, but its the thought that counts lol.

Besides too much long term stuff means that things take up space where something that I can use short term thats a bargain will fit and more importantly the money leaves my account and goes into the supermarkets way too early, better in my bank offsetting my mortgage I've found my happy medium and buy just enough jars fo coffee to last until the next offer comes along, and have noticed the supermarket cycles, when Asda stop doing the 2 for 1 offer on my fav coffee brand, Morrisons start, then Tesco so in actual fact I don't need to buy 20 of them, just 4 and it lasts until the next offer is on

Ooop's have waffled on a bit again, sorry peeps, don't get out much and its nice to 'talk' to like minded peeps, have a good day everyone, I'm off to make some strawberry muffins now, remind me to share the toffee apple muffin recipe I have, they're lovely

Herby
    Last edited by Herbaholic; 09-07-2008 at 8:04 AM.
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ; Jun 21/14 ; May : 6/6
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 ; Jun £278.86/£275.00 ; May £276.13/£280.00
    • *BigBird*
    • By *BigBird* 9th Jul 08, 8:20 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 5,077 Thanks
    *BigBird*
    Morning everyone! Thanks for the hug Herby, what a nice way to start the day

Just worked out I have just over £30 left in my budget to last til payday on 24th We do, however, have loads of stuff in the freezer and cupboards, so we should only need the famous F&V and milk between now and then... It'll be a challenge tho!

Better get my butt in gear as got a Dr's appointment in 10 mins (only round the corner tho), then got to go into work, where a very dull meeting awaits me :rolleyes:

Have a good day everyone - see ya later
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • mumzyof2
    Should be another NSD today
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
    • Flylady_Flower
    • By Flylady_Flower 9th Jul 08, 8:23 AM
    • 2,853 Posts
    • 62,435 Thanks
    Flylady_Flower
    I got whoopsied!!!!

I just took one of each, but the next woman that came along swept all that was left into her trolley and said to her partner "We may use it all before it gets freezer burn and we have to throw it out, but at this price what does it matter?" She didn't even look at what it was she was loading into her trolley, just the price! Her partner said but we don't eat pork, but she shoved it in her trolley anyway :confused:

Ooop's have waffled on a bit again, sorry peeps, don't get out much and its nice to 'talk' to like minded peeps, have a good day everyone, I'm off to make some strawberry muffins now, remind me to share the toffee apple muffin recipe I have, they're lovely

Herby
    Originally posted by Herbaholic
    What a lovely, heartwarming post and really made my morning. I am sitting laying in bed with my laptop and the leftovers of a stinking headache from this morning (probably from being on laptop :rolleyes: ) and then I read your post and you are 100% right.
    I panic buy and grab stuff I know I will use EVENTUALLY if it's on offer and really, why? I now have a new motto - share the love - even if it is to selfish people who take pork they don't eat just because it's cheap - hopefully she will pass it on to a friend or neighbour (you never know!)

I absolutely love this thread. I used to wonder how people got hooked on chat rooms and the like, but now I know - although I don't think there are many like ours - I think friendly, thoughtful people seem to be in hiding in the real world, scared to come out and show themselves coz we all expect to be slammed down as soon as we do - talking of which - DINK - I'm sure you look wonderful in your other dress as well as in your red dress!

Ooh, now I'm rambling, sorry, but had to share my warm, fuzzy feeling - Thanks to all you guy's for ALWAYS cheering me up and making me feel like part of the team!

PS: Herbaholic, don't forget that recipe, sounds scrummy!

PPS: I know it's me Catnap, but the link to the Artisan bread in five minutes thread takes me to the book website and Zoe's website, but I can't find the recipe on either - any tips on where to find it? Thanks in advance...
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
    • OrkneyStar
    • By OrkneyStar 9th Jul 08, 8:33 AM
    • 6,672 Posts
    • 42,974 Thanks
    OrkneyStar
    Me again,
    I have a question for all you bakers.
    I have about 3/4 pint of milk that needs to be used (not freezing it as we don't like frozen milk)- could I add this to a bread recipe instead of water, or half and half ? thanks in advance.
    What a great post Herby- I agree with what you mean about offers- its not a bargain if you don't use something and certainly not if you don't even like it!
    I tend to just buy 1 or 2 BOGOF/deals unless its something lovely like green and black organic chocolate (made a severe dent in Tesco Wick chocolate supplies last summer as it was about 60p cheaper per bar than at home) .
    Hope work goes ok moneysavingnewbie .
    And was it Zoe who mentioned babies earlier- what age is your LO ? Mine is 13 months nearly growing so fast!
    Ok talking of babies someone wants some milk!
    Last edited by OrkneyStar; 09-07-2008 at 8:36 AM.
  • mumzyof2
    Me again,
    I have a question for all you bakers.
    I have about 3/4 pint of milk that needs to be used (not freezing it as we don't like frozen milk)- could I add this to a bread recipe instead of water, or half and half ? thanks in advance.
    What a great post Herby- I agree with what you mean about offers- its not a bargain if you don't use something and certainly not if you don't even like it!
    I tend to just buy 1 or 2 BOGOF/deals unless its something lovely like green and black organic chocolate (made a severe dent in Tesco Wick chocolate supplies last summer as it was about 60p cheaper per bar than at home) .
    Hope work goes ok moneysavingnewbie .
    And was it Zoe who mentioned babies earlier- what age is your LO ? Mine is 13 months nearly growing so fast!
    Ok talking of babies someone wants some milk!
    Originally posted by OrkneyStar
    I wish mine were 13months old again, My DS is 4 this month and my DD is 2 (3 in feb) they fight like mad now tho!
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • Leopardlady
    Hi all,
    Couldn't get to the computer yesterday as had to rest my knees.
    Oh well kept me to a NSD
    Not sure how well i will do today as i may go out with a friend for a little shop!
    Oh well, doing very well, although i think i am secretly hoping to do this month for £100 not £200. It will all be ruined as on the 31st we have been invited out for a meal with friends to celebrate a promotion in the army.
    Well the weather is a little sad here, but the garden is just going crazy, so i suppose it is all good.
    I find it really strange i have not been into a supermarket for over 3 weeks! Not great when hoping to get those bargains! May have to rectify this this weekend.

Well Chili is resting, started it last night and will serve tonight, should be a bit better having rested over night?

Have a great day everyone
    Bye for now
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov
  • Herbaholic
    Toffee Apple Muffins
    Glad my post made some people smile, nice to give something back to everyone Okay DeniseF heres the recipe but if you or anyone else put on any weight it isn't my fault, blame whoever started posting muffin recipes lol! I originally saw the recipe on the link below for toffee apple muffins in the Asda magazine last November and they went down a storm at a bonfire party we went to
    http://www.asda-recipes.co.uk/recipe/330.html [Point to note - all the recipes that feature in the asda magazine end up on their recipe website, so you don't have to keep the magazines unless you really want to!]

Back to the recipe... I found their recipe a little too sweet on account of the apple sauce so I modified the recipe and added some cinnamon and fresh apples instead, I'm an autumn fiend and love the appley cinnayummy cinnamon combination in just about everything (use whatever apples are sweet, firm and juicy from the dessert apples available at the time of year)

Toffee Apple Muffins (Makes 12)

2 eggs, lightly beaten
    80g/2¾oz caster sugar
    240ml/8½fl oz milk
    100g/3½oz butter or margarine melted
    300g/10½oz plain flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp ground cinnamon
    2 dessert apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped
    200g/7oz shop-bought fudge pieces (you can use homemade fudge if you know how to make it!)

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 190C/380F/Gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
    2. Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and melted butter in a large bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl. Stir well to combine.
    3. Add the chopped apple and lightly mix.
    4. Using half of the mixture, quarter-fill each of the muffin cases with the mixture and top with a few pieces of toffee. Cover with the remaining filling so the cases are half full.
    5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

WARNING - If you’re going to eat them straight from the oven be warned the hot fudge can burn your tongue and lips and you talk like a do-lally person for a while lol!

I've made these with some crystallised ginger thrown in and also substituted banana for the apple to make toffee & banana muffins (although you'll need a little more flour as the nana's can make it a bit sloppy!). I confess to buying a good quality fudge for the muffins, have tried with cheap stuff and its not so good, but its all down to personal taste. You can also make mini muffins in cake cases and you'll get about 24 smaller kiddy sized muffins out of the mix. Haven't tried freezing the toffee apple muffins though, never get chance they're scoffed before the freezer gets a look in, so don't know how well the fudge freezes? Seems daft looking at autumn recipes now but they do taste yummy and we do keep having bouts of very dodgy autumn like weather this month (well that's my excuse lol!)

Herby
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ; Jun 21/14 ; May : 6/6
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 ; Jun £278.86/£275.00 ; May £276.13/£280.00
  • jackk
    After reading Angelnikki's post yesterday about people taking all the supercook stuff (all that's left in my Asda are almond essence and paper cake cases and I have enough of those already as sister got a catering pack from someone she knows). I thought I'd share the love with other MSE'rs that happened along, so I didn't load all the meat into my basket (DH cried when I only took one pack of fillet steak lol!), I just took one of each, but the next woman that came along swept all that was left into her trolley and said to her partner "We may use it all before it gets freezer burn and we have to throw it out, but at this price what does it matter?" She didn't even look at what it was she was loading into her trolley, just the price! Her partner said but we don't eat pork, but she shoved it in her trolley anyway :confused: I walked away thinking that she couldn't have been a fellow MSEr, she'd have had a meal plan and ideas to use all she had already if she was and wouldn't consider throwing such bargains away lol!

This is why if i see a bargain i take all i need, there aint nobody else gonna look after my families needs, are there! Sad i know, but we do what we have to don't we.

Jackie x
  • Mrs. Irwin
    Hello everyone!

Well, I've updated my signature. £143.73 spent so far! I'm feeling pretty confident, and some baby-related breakthroughs will have a positive effect on the Grocery Challenge from now.
    Firstly, I've cut out caffeine and LO seems to be calmer and sleepier , which means happier baby and mummy, more sleep and more time to do cooking and baking, AND a lot less spent on Pepsi Max and coffee!
    Secondly, I'd decided that disposable nappies and wipes will come out of the GC budget, and was such a waste when the washables were sitting there, but we have now phased out the disposable nappies completely, and the last pack of wipes will soon be gone!
    I'd already bought a stack of super cheap flannels from Wilko's which I've been using at home, and have now bought the ingredients for home-made bum-wipe solution - chamomile tea bags, almond oil, lavender oil and a spray bottle. The idea is to make the tea and add a drop or two of the oils and stick it in the spray bottle in the morning, and then use it through the day to spray on a flannel. This can then easily be carried in the change bag, so no need to hunt out a tap when out and about. When I've been using this for a while I will work out what the cost is.

Mrs. Irwin
    xx
    A penny saved is a penny earned.

Grocery Challenge: September: £1.75/£200
    • findingmyfeet
    • By findingmyfeet 9th Jul 08, 9:29 AM
    • 494 Posts
    • 5,666 Thanks
    findingmyfeet
    morning all,
    just popping in for a quick update. Everything going ok, month seems on plan but dont want to speak too soon. Not many offers in my local shops at the moment but cheap loo rolls!! home bargins have nouvelle 12 packs for £2.49 and their own luxury brand 18 rolls for £2.99 so thats the bathroom stocked up for weeks. no woopsies to be had mr m really not reducing around here saw a crushed box of bold washing tablets and i mean crushed with just a 10p reduction in price!! mean or what !! who they kidding. any way off to catch up on the last 15 pages, love the recipes keep em coming. Hello to all the newbies, off to prowl round Aldi later on. keep up the good work all. sig updated.
    Last edited by findingmyfeet; 09-07-2008 at 9:29 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    sealed pot member no :435 2011- £306.68 2012-£304.36 2013- £387.44 2014 - £441.43 £482.30
    • OrkneyStar
    • By OrkneyStar 9th Jul 08, 9:32 AM
    • 6,672 Posts
    • 42,974 Thanks
    OrkneyStar

This is why if i see a bargain i take all i need, there aint nobody else gonna look after my families needs, are there! Sad i know, but we do what we have to don't we.

Jackie x
    Originally posted by jackk
    I wouldn't have a problem with that, buying a little and using it is fine, buying a reasonable amount and using it is fine, buying it just cos its there and then chucking it is waste really. It is good for supermarkets when we buy the whoopsies, otherwise they have to record it as store waste and they have all sorts of targets for that! From what herby said there was lady buying stuff they don't even like- that is silly billy in my eyes .
    Wonder when our new Tesco will start having whoopsies as there is generally a distinct lack of them up here
    Oh dear baby eating dad's CD's :rolleyes:
    • Flylady_Flower
    • By Flylady_Flower 9th Jul 08, 9:35 AM
    • 2,853 Posts
    • 62,435 Thanks
    Flylady_Flower
    Glad my post made some people smile, nice to give something back to everyone Okay DeniseF heres the recipe but if you or anyone else put on any weight it isn't my fault, blame whoever started posting muffin recipes lol! Herby
    Originally posted by Herbaholic
    It definitely made me smile - and these sound yummy!

Autumn is my favorite time of the year, still warm but breezy and colourful and I love it - aren't trees just beautiful when they change?
    I might make the smaller ones just because I can see me putting on pounds if I don't - plus they MIGHT last a bit longer...:confused:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
    • OrkneyStar
    • By OrkneyStar 9th Jul 08, 9:36 AM
    • 6,672 Posts
    • 42,974 Thanks
    OrkneyStar
    Hello everyone!

Well, I've updated my signature. £143.73 spent so far! I'm feeling pretty confident, and some baby-related breakthroughs will have a positive effect on the Grocery Challenge from now.
    Firstly, I've cut out caffeine and LO seems to be calmer and sleepier , which means happier baby and mummy, more sleep and more time to do cooking and baking, AND a lot less spent on Pepsi Max and coffee!
    Secondly, I'd decided that disposable nappies and wipes will come out of the GC budget, and was such a waste when the washables were sitting there, but we have now phased out the disposable nappies completely, and the last pack of wipes will soon be gone!
    I'd already bought a stack of super cheap flannels from Wilko's which I've been using at home, and have now bought the ingredients for home-made bum-wipe solution - chamomile tea bags, almond oil, lavender oil and a spray bottle. The idea is to make the tea and add a drop or two of the oils and stick it in the spray bottle in the morning, and then use it through the day to spray on a flannel. This can then easily be carried in the change bag, so no need to hunt out a tap when out and about. When I've been using this for a while I will work out what the cost is.

Mrs. Irwin
    xx
    Originally posted by Mrs. Irwin
    Washables are great, but disposables are handy as a back up when things go a bit pear shaped (and that never happens with a LO around lol). I have reusable wipes that I do use sometimes, and I use water/a few drops olive oil/a few drops baby wash and that works wonders for a lovely soft bum bum. Well done on the caffeine front-I try not to drink much and never very much when exclusively bf- DS is generally a calm contented DS, although he is teething right now :confused:
    x
  • nessquic80
    Morning all,well the NSD are going out the window,oh had one yesterday, did a bit of a shop on monday and did one today( only bits and bobs) but its them bits and bobs that add up!!Kept reminding the DH that the nana cake needs eating now ive made it, then he tells me he dont like it , so in the freezer it went for my pudding for work, then he tells me after i made his corned beef and pickle sws he dosent like them so in the freezer for my tea at work in the week! i thought he was gonna tell me that he didnt like chicken casserole while we were sitting at the table dishing it out but guess what??? he liked it! I hate wasting food and i dont think he gets it at all!!!!
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,718Users online

Martin's Twitter