Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • Careful_ly
    Principality Learner Earner is adults and children
    Principality BS Learner Earner

Interest rate: 4% gross p.a. variable from 9th July 2019
    Monthly payment: 0-250
    Miss any payments: Can miss as many payments as you wish
    Penalty-free withdrawals: Three withdrawals permitted and account closure counts as a withdrawal
    Age of applicant: Up to 17 years old
    How to open account: Branch only
    Special conditions: This Account can only be opened by an Adult(s) aged over 18, in conjunction with a Child aged under 18. Two accounts must be opened initially, one for the Adult(s) and one for the Child. Subsequent accounts for other children can be opened by the Adult account holder. The Adult must be the parent, grandparent, close relative or legal guardian of the Child(ren). Accounts opened for under 14’s must be opened on a signatory basis. Also "fun and educational children’s activity packs for ages 5 – 11 years old, a moneybox, a story and sticker book, as well as a 10 reward voucher (for two years annually)."

For the benefit of people who have children/grandchildren etc, and who are able to visit a branch to open this account, I would like to point out that the opening adult also gets a Learner Earner adult account paying 4% on 250. I don't think this is clear from the website, but confirm it is correct, as I have done it!!!!
    Last edited by Careful_ly; 24-08-2019 at 5:10 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,759Posts Today

8,249Users online

Martin's Twitter