IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

funny season at ITAL

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I suspect it won't be long before we get people start turning up saying they've lost at ITAL what do they do?

The first few of these will act as guidance for future advice.
  • Handbags-at-dawn
    Options
    Steve Clark can try damage limitation but ITAL’s credibility is shot beyond repair. They can’t pretend the cosy relationship with Indigo never happened - it’s not something we are going to forget.

It doesn’t help that ITAL’s website is all about touting for TOC’s business, for revenue collection and prosecution purposes. Nor that the Respondent to the appeal (Indigo/TOC principal) has chosen them even though a tried, tested and far more independent service is already available. ITAL will know that too many successful appeals means they will lose the business.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    and when you make an appeal , to WHOM? the address is PO BOX 267
    Petersfield GU32 9FH , which takes you to IRCAS https://www.ircas.co.uk/Home/AboutIrcas

my my , customer support is Calls to our 0844 numbers cost 5p per minute (ppm), 0845 numbers cost 7ppm, 0871 numbers cost 10ppm and 0870 numbers cost 13ppm; all plus your network access charge(s).

Our company assists the transport industry in the administration and collection of outstanding penalty notices.

We offer a fully supported service that handles all areas of revenue protection processing, from initial mobile notice issuing to final payment or prosecution. IRCAS brings independence to customers and valuable auditing, reporting and processing to businesses.

we work with

as-22.jpg

on a plate , cooked and served , any appeal is forwarded to prosecution department

thank you DFT , and Mr Clarke
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I still reckon we can use them to string a case along, try it out, make cases time out (issue a SAR if you lose!) and if their client is Indigo they cannot sanction a Mags court case anyway.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    yup indigo will be A client of theirs , however so are the train Cos , is there any data laws that say they cannot hand data to train co ? , or indeed ITAL start a court claim whilst on a general retainer from train Cos

we are quite skilled at time out . its not hard , hell you dont even have to type anything , and you get free bog roll
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I still reckon we can use them to string a case along, try it out, make cases time out (issue a SAR if you lose!) and if their client is Indigo they cannot sanction a Mags court case anyway.
    But once an appeal has been lost, ITAL can recommend to the Train Operating Company that the victim should be prosecuted in the magistrates court. Remember, by that time, ITAL have the full details of the motorist, supplied by the motorist, therefore no KADOE breach.

At that time Indigo's contract with the TOC is irrelevant... the TOC has motorist's details.

The TOC then agrees that IRCAS prosecute.

Note that:
    Independent Revenue Collection and Support (IRCAS) is a trading name of ITAL Group (registered England & Wales Number: 04784751).
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    sent , received but still not answered

"thank you , I have a copy of indigo,s contract (published on pepipoo website) and it forbids them from starting court action in there own name , what worries me is that ITALs main activity is the assisting of prosecutions for the rail companies , and on the appeal form , you have omitted "keeper" , and want the OWNERS name , you also require DOB ?? why
    maybe , once you have this info supplied by the customer , you can legally* hand this to the train Co who will start a prosecution in there own name

* DVLA KODOE contract forbids indigo from passing keepers details to a non BPA member = or train co
  • Parkingfines
    Parkingfines Posts: 161 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2019 at 9:16PM
    Options
    I think you may be wrong in this.
    I don't believe prosecuting a case in the magistrates is the same since it is quite different to suing in their own name.
    What is the specific wording on the contract?

So unless indigo are prevented from raising a prosecution then I think they can
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you'll find that byelaw cases can only be prosecuted by the aggrieved.

That's not Indigo.
  • Parkingfines
    Options
    Yet VCS could raise cases on behalf of bawtry council in regards to bylaws
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business