IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

funny season at ITAL

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    I don’t think that’s correct. Anyone can prosecute unless the prosecutor is specified in the statute. I can bring a private prosecution if I want to.

according to ITAL , I can bring a case on myself :rotfl::rotfl:

"if you have an unsuccessful appeal and opt not to make payment, you may face action via the Magistrate Court. You have the option of taking the case to Court yourself as well."
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if you have an unsuccessful appeal and opt not to make payment, you may face action via the Magistrate Court. You have the option of taking the case to Court yourself as well."
    I think the BPA was saying something similar too, not so long ago.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    remind me , who pays BPA wages?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    remind me , who pays BPA wages?

I agree.

What the BPA was saying was if you don't like whatever the outcome, you can take the case to the Mags Court - when how can any professional organisation, dealng with this stuff daily, get this so badly wrong? Can any individual do that in the context of a Byelaws parking ticket?

Are they now simply saying this is a genuine error of advice on their part, or they are misinformed into providing it, or are they suggesting they have no clear idea what they are spouting and are making it up as they go along, hoping that the majority of motorists caught up in the wider PPC scam, will swallow the crap and meekly stump up, to further enrich their paymasters, without question?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    well the bpa were challenged about the statement and retracted it at the end

ITAL are working with the full cooperation of the BPA and DFT

in fact : "I can confirm that it has taken over 2 years for us to reach this position. Our staff have been fully trained*** and our assessment criteria reviewed by both the British Parking Association and the Department for Transport."

perhaps it was the blind team at the BPA , or even the secretary at the corporate section

the ITAL appeal is not parking its penalty charges , as bpa and popla are keen to point out "out of our remit" , so how can they comment or review something that "is out of there remit"

*** "is failure to display ticket a bylaw offence - you will commit a bylaw offence if you refuse to show your ticket to a guard if asked to

OMG

or its simply ital telling lies
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can confirm that it has taken over 2 years for us to reach this position.

You could not make it up, could you?! Two YEARS to reach this...x*!xx!xx!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2019 at 11:41PM
    Options
    major change of directors , change of company name etc etc , all around feb 2017

its almost as if someone knew about the popla ban, as the site only sort of came live in late november LAST YEAR
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    If we can persuade Newbies to do nothing then that is the safest option currently. Personally I'm rather risk averse with Newbies. Let's face it most of them don't have a clue. Some seem to have problems spelling their own names.

Those that must do something will probably have to go to ITAL and will hopefully it will serve as a useful experience for us.

And here we go https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75323877&postcount=21

The problem we face every day in that "my case is different I have to do something".
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I don’t think that’s correct. Anyone can prosecute unless the prosecutor is specified in the statute. I can bring a private prosecution if I want to.
    You have to have Standing to do so.
    The PPC has no standing.
  • Handbags-at-dawn
    Options
    You have to have Standing to do so.
    The PPC has no standing.

If I were to stand up in the Mags Court and say "Hey, these guys can't prosecute me - they have no standing", the first thing I would be asked is "Where's your legal authority for that?"
    Well I've searched and searched and can find nothing. Can you enlighten me?

(This point was discussed on Pepipoo, here http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=106604&hl= and the general consensus was a PPC can prosecute if it wants to, but why would they want to? )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure