Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • cw18
    ** SPREADSHEET UPDATE **

I'm hoping that these are now available for people to download from here
    (many thanks to Nyk for telling me about Google Docs - I've never met it before!)

There are two versions : one is for Excel 2007, the other is for Excel 97-2003.
    I'm told the latter of these will also open and work in Open Office.

BUT......

When I saved in backwards compatible mode it bumped up the size of the file, and Google wouldn't allow me to upload 'as is'

So I've had to clear the forumlas out of a lot of the repeated pages, which you will need to copy back in. It's a relatively quick and easy (though boring) job to replace them, so I thought it still worth sharing this way anyhow.

What you need to do (only in the '97 and Open Office' version) is as follows

Go to 'Jan Reg' and copy column A
    Paste this into the the other 11 'Reg' pages

Go to 'Jan Groc' and copy cells A1 thru U301
    Paste this selection into the other 11 'Groc' pages

Once this is done you're up and running

You could copy from Jan to Feb before starting, then from Feb into March before the end of this month, then March into April before the end of March -- makes it quicker for now, but I personally prefer to get repetitive work like this over and done with in one go

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

Over the weekend of 9th/10th Jan, I had some issues uploading fresh copies (which had minor corrections), and Google wouldn't let me open the documents from here afterwards.

As of this morning (11th), I can open them OK. However neither copy appears to have the conditional formatting on the 'spent' column - which is what I was repairing

I don't want to risk 'breaking' the downloads again just now, so am leaving them 'as is'. Details on the missing bits (what it does and how to enter it yourself if you want it - for those on Excel 2007 anyway) are in the Q&A thread, for which there is a link just below the next heading in this post

*** GOT A QUESTION ABOUT THE SPREADSHEET ? ***

DdraigGoch thought it might be a good idea to have a thread just for this, so we can hopefully keep all hints/tips/queries in one place (and reduce the "clutter" in this thread for Nyk)...... and it seems a fantastic idea to me.

The thread is here, and I'm subscribed to it - so should spot questions in there at least as easily as in here (probably more so, as I'm not as likely to skim read it )
    Last edited by cw18; 11-01-2010 at 9:46 AM.
    Cheryl
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,602Users online

Martin's Twitter