PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share 2009!

Options

Comments

• maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to all you wool/knit-a-holics
    knit_a_holic_mousepad-p144618557577582941td22_210.jpg
    It’s taken me ages to catch up again :eek: :eek: :j
    Thanks for wondering about me and thanks to all of you for your good wishes and hugs, pm’s & emails,brought a tear to my eyes reading all your posts & seeing your messages for me (& my mum)
    This is such a friendly place isn’t it?
    daft aren’t I ?

thanks.jpg

When my M.E. is really bad, I just can’t do anything (hard to explain .. you don’t won’t to hear all about it here) and I also had that awful bug that’s been going around so have been in bed for a lot of the time since I last posted and trying to keep an eye on my Mum and Dad
    Sometimes I’ve managed a quick look at what’s been happening, but didn’t have enough va va voom to manage to post on the thread myself
    Sorry
    BDC6BBs_-wellcome1.gif
    TO ALL THE NEWBIES

prfungi
    Your blanket’s really pretty
    Well done on acquiring your wool donation!

craftlady
    & all you peeps who’ve been unwell
    i-hope-you-feel-better.gif

good_luck_glitter_graphic_04.gif

with your group of little girls

s_michaels
    re
    ‘Why can't people have open minds’
    One of the reasons is that,
    “An open mind leaves a chance for someone to drop a worthwhile thought in it”
    And it’s too risky/scary
    Just adopt this mantra

pic8.jpg

PurpleTeddyBear
    If you’re still looking for 3 ply patterns you might like these
    http://www.craftown.com/baby/pat1.htm

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/baby/preemie-vneck-cardi.htm

Repeat after me
    ‘I must not buy more wool ...
    I must reduce my stash’ lol

mrs-moneypenny
    I will be sending you a little parcel this week which will hopefully be useful for your choirboys event

mioliere
    I saw this and thought of you !

319732812_119e894a32.jpg

YOU’RE NOT STILL DOING IRONING! :eek:

extreme_ironing_board.jpg

Re’
    ‘What wonderful people we have on here’
    Agreed !

grouphug1.jpg

Sadly too late to say Bon Voyage ... but thinking of you & I have sent you an email
    I will update my totals when you are back on line

Pippa.S re quote
    ‘We knitters are lovely people, supportive, generous, helpful, funny, caring, inventive, sharing and very clever’
    Hmmm so THAT’S why you bought more wool
    Re storage
    These are good ... out of stock @ the moment but you could see if they get more
    http://direct.asda.com/4-Drawer-Wide-Drawer-Unit/001467214,default,pd.html
    or ikea
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50151794

Aeshna
    Glad you’re back online & re your ‘I'm hanging on in there’
    good-luck.jpg

chalky 75
    Glad you liked your piccies
    Your real ones are great!
    I will be pm you re the baby in Spain

In Search Of Me
    I love your username it reminds me of myself!

cat.gif

k2togre
    DS1 said "Oh no Mum, the end has dropped off your knitting stick!" think it went down the back of the sofa so now I have 2 ends to worry about my knitting sliding off!
    Wine corks !
    And
    What a result though, finding a whole new stash - you won't have to buy any expensive French wool at this rate’
    Ooh La La
    Hope your ear infection has gone; they’re really painful aren’t they?

DdraigGoch
    You made me laugh re
    ‘Hello you wonderful people you!
    I'd like to volunteer to knit something for you - but the last thing I knitted was a scarf which took me 2 years and a lot of swearing Basically, I can barely knit! I have some double knitting wool and sort of thin chopstick sized needles and enough knitting ability to cast on and plain/purl. Will I be any use?’

I’m sure your needles will soon be flying!:rotfl:

knitting_cartoon.gif

jena re
    www.knit-a-square.com
    This is
    [FONT=&quot]Soweto Comfort Club in South Africa
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.knit-a-square.com/[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    **The squares have been designed at 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cms)**
    They list an easy crochet pattern for an 8 x 8" square here
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.knit-a-square.com/easy-crochet-pattern.html[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]&[FONT=&quot]
    Knitting instructions for an 8 x 8" square here
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.knit-a-square.com/knitting-instructions.html[/FONT][/FONT]

Which is listed on our [FONT=&quot]all in one place here post number #[FONT=&quot]964[/FONT][/FONT]
    The Ducky Egg Cozys that you posted are sooo cute aren't they?
    shezmit
    Sorry you haven’t received anything from me yet
    My OH will DEFINATELY be posting a parcel to you on monday and I will also PM you

L C Wilson
    Belated Congrats & Hugs to your mum for her 90th birthday :j:j

dpixie

product_2410_large.jpg
    Glad the weather was kind to you
    =======
    Not knitting but
    I know there are others here who have M.E. & maybe some peeps who know of friend’s or family that might be interested in signing this petition
    Hope nobody minds me asking ??
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/AttendIiME2009/#detail
    It simply says
    We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Petition forMinisters Of Health, MRC and CMO to attend the INVEST in ME Conference 29th May 2009. More details
    Hope you all
    have_a_special_sunday-6250.jpg

especially with it being Mothers day

Mothers-day-endless-bouquet.jpg
    Talking of which I must go and sort out the things for my lovely mum

z49c53caa6e991.gif
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Maytaurus,

It`s good to see you`re back on form.

We were getting withdrawal symptoms without your lovely pics and links.
    As the song says `Nobody does it better.`:beer:

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • prfungi
    prfungi Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    MAYTAURUS - glad you're here. We've missed you.

:smileyhea
    luv
    Pam
    Pam.:hello:
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    SYVLIA D
    We have 6 at the moment no to bad but i will get some more done over the weekend hopefully

i had a busy afternoon as i had to rush my 8 yr old boy upto A&E as he cut his lip over and the inside and knocked his tooth out, i wish i thought at the time and took my knitting with me as we had to wait 2 hours, But he is fine now he has been sorted out, got to go the dentist with him on moday to check his gap where his tooth was.

Shelley
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • crumblepie
    crumblepie Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    I read this site a lot but only just registered to add my totals to this thread!! I started reading this thread this morning and thought it's something I could do while sat in the garden or watching tv.

I had some wool and while watching the rugby made 7 preemie hats!! I crochet rather than knit as I hate sewing up and somehow is quicker for me than knitting.
  • prfungi
    Options
    crumblepie wrote: »
    I read this site a lot but only just registered to add my totals to this thread!! I started reading this thread this morning and thought it's something I could do while sat in the garden or watching tv.

I had some wool and while watching the rugby made 7 preemie hats!! I crochet rather than knit as I hate sewing up and somehow is quicker for me than knitting.

Hi crumblepie (love the name) welcome to the thread. as you've read us for a while you'll know that we're a friendly bunch of people so any queries - just post and someone will answer.

regards
    Pam
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    oo lots of posts! Got some wool from freecycler this am...very posh it is too! Have already decided that no more wool till I've used what I have lol...do ave a tenency to get a tad addicted - to anything!!
    Welcome back M - sorry to hear that you have ME - one of my closest friends has it...hugs for you! My siggy is a reminder to me that I am me...as a DFW'er I need to remember that I am doing ok amongst those who seem to pay trillions off...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Maytaurus - welcome back you have been missed loads by all of us:T :T I hope things are improving for you and your mum now:A

Shelley - ouch!!! I hope he is ok, was it a first tooth or second?
    Parcel sent yesterday with all sorts in. Working on vent hats at the mo then back to boobs;)

Welcome to you crumblepie glad you decided to join us, you will love it here everyone is sooo friendly :j

Wonder how Kathy is getting on, where she is and how much knitting she has done on the move.

We are babysitting at the mo, both DGD's fed,washed,read to and in bed asleep,oo and Mothers day cards written out with xxxxx all over the place.
    I just love looking after them they are a delight, and I get lots of exercise. We played skittles tonight along the hall, no damage can be done out there when they get a bit, what shall I say....over-enthusiastic.....and its a nice size for a mini skittle alley ;)
    No knitting so far tonight but will get the needles out when I have finished on here.

Off to make OH a :coffee:
    Night everyone
    Anne
    x
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maytaurus wrote: »

When my M.E. is really bad, I just can’t do anything (hard to explain .. you don’t won’t to hear all about it here) and I also had that awful bug that’s been going around so have been in bed for a lot of the time since I last posted and trying to keep an eye on my Mum and Dad
    Sometimes I’ve managed a quick look at what’s been happening, but didn’t have enough va va voom to manage to post on the thread myself
    Sorry

Not knitting but
    I know there are others here who have M.E. & maybe some peeps who know of friend’s or family that might be interested in signing this petition
    It simply says
    We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Petition forMinisters Of Health, MRC and CMO to attend the INVEST in ME Conference 29th May 2009. More details

maytaurus I have signed the petition as I too have ME and Fibro, thankyou for putting the link up. Unfortunately I don't know when to take it easy as when I am having a good spell I tend to carry on as normal. Sadly I pay the price for it as I have been doing the past week or so. I'm on rest due to having a hernia and unexplained stomach pains as well as high blood pressure..:mad: Not that it stops me doing things.. Although I did drive to Asda today to get the shopping and boy did I know it when I came back home. I think I should have got hubby to drive as he was with me..

Quick question to others when I have a baby pattern that asks for 4ply can I use double knit as this is all I have at the moment? Or do I have to go on the beg and borrow for some more wool...lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • prfungi
    Options
    maytaurus wrote: »
    Not knitting but
    It simply says

Hi Maytaurus

I've signed the petition & circulated details to some pals. Hope this helps.

Natty68
    Quick question to others when I have a baby pattern that asks for 4ply can I use double knit as this is all I have at the moment? Or do I have to go on the beg and borrow for some more wool...lol

Hi natty68, you could adjust your pattern to allow for DK but its not straightforward. There are hundreds of free patterns available online here is a link to Maytaurus' summary post#964 hope it helps.

What is the pattern for?

luv
    Pam

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business