Forum Home» Phones & TV

Cheap calls though 18185 - experiences please? - Page 34

New Post Advanced Search

Cheap calls though 18185 - experiences please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
338 replies 71.5K views
1282930313234»

Replies

• Patr100Patr100 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I've used them ocasionally. I see their website has had a revamp
    The Uk rates used to be featured on their homepage but now they are in a long list. Worth double checking they are still competitive. eg . My 02 mobile to mobile charge is 3p/min - looks like they charge 10p/min ? (6p min for landline to mobile)
    http://www.18185.co.uk/
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
  • SpanishBlueSpanishBlue Forumite
    308 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    It might be a brand new website, but they still have their many years out of date info on it like.....

"Great benefits for Non-BT callers as well! Especially for all NTL, Telewest, other non-BT landline and mobile customers we have dedicated the freephone number"
  • repechagerepechage Forumite
    56 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts
    The non-BT access number isn’t working for me and when I check their site they don’t even mention this option now as far as I can see.
  • Ian011Ian011 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Click the tiny three line symbol top right and a menu pops out from the left of the screen. Select the appropriate page from the list, in this case "mobile rates". This page gives the 0800 and 020 access numbers.
  • SpanishBlueSpanishBlue Forumite
    308 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Or from their webpage click on "Mobile Rates"

https://www.18185.co.uk/rates-mobile
  • polymaffpolymaff Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't noticed this before:

"you will also be charged if the number you wish to call isn't answered or is engaged"
  • Patr100Patr100 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    polymaff wrote: »

"you will also be charged if the number you wish to call isn't answered or is engaged"

Not new. There's been a connection fee (regardless whether your call is answered) for quite a while now.
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
  • edited 21 May 2019 at 7:42PM
    polymaffpolymaff Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 May 2019 at 7:42PM
    polymaff wrote: »

Patr100 wrote: »
    Not new. There's been a connection fee (regardless whether your call is answered) for quite a while now.

What do you mean by "quite a while"?

I don't remember being billed for an unanswered or engaged-tone 18185 call before.

Plus the implication that you will be charged more than just a connection charge.

This is going to make a call to the GP surgery appointments line a much more expensive affair.

Also applies to 18866 and 1899.