I think i have been scammed!!

Options

Comments

• Lynx600T
    Lynx600T Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 24 April 2013 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Hullgirl wrote: »
    he has a friend calling from 07887910920 pretending to be different people from different companies, for different reasons, i do not know this persons real name but no he has a scottish accent and is very polite.

That would be a Mr Craig Todd. Someone in which Nathan has taken on as a "Services Manager" and by the looks of things has also been appointed a director. Funny, I'm told the company is going into Liquidation by Nathan and then he appoints a new director.

Apparently his uncle, a man by the name of Les, put £60,000 into the company setting it up and it has now been sold onto Regus for around £8,000,000.

Apparently Nathan is getting a pay out of £990,000 from this deal.
  • Mccallum60
    Options
    I, like many I can see now, applied for a job through Nathan and after meeting for an interview was bombarded with texts asking to go for drinks. I was then told he would only give me a job if I agreed to have sex with him....I declined. I guessing there isn't much we can do about this?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I the only person that reads this each time it pops up and wishes I had added it to my ignore list?

Most of the posts should be removed as they are explicitly against forum T&C.
  • foxy7373
    Options
    Currently operating in the East Yorkshire area. BE WARNED!!
  • Hendo1991
    Options
    Hi all, I used to work for Nathan when I say work he never actually paid me just tried to convince me to sleep with him all the time when I was 17!

Anyways he owes me money and I know of all the people that's he scammed after googling him..... Well he's started a new business called posh pad lettings in Hull under the name of Matthew Roberts I have throughly checked him out and already reported him to the charities that he claims he gives money too and they say he doesn't, he also needs reporting for trading as a director under a fake name!

I notice he has his usual array of young hot guys working for him and no doubt he will be up to his usual tricks of if you want and a job.... And all that!! Add these people from his team page on his website (Google posh pad lettings hull) and tell them what he's like! I am going too!!

Nathan's a horrible fat ugly bitter man who doesn't do things legally, this company is going to be corrupt in some way I know how he works as I saw it before the police came in on him before!
    Hope you have fun getting revenge for what he has done to you all!!
    Message me for any more info
  • Keets-2
    Options
    Hi

I would like to know more on this also I might some information on him and his where abouts
  • Reedy084
    Options
    This man is currently in devon operating posh pad Lettings. He is a fraud and has done the same thing here as he has all owe the country. Please get in touch if you have any info, we are currently getting a case together for the police. Any information would be great.
  • Idazuk11
    Options
    I have also been scammed by this bloke, offered me a job working for prestige office solutions as a development manager! I checked everything out and everything seem ok so handed over £800 for deposits for company cars. After 3mths of no cars, work or wages i was forced to look for something else eventually

I lost everything due to not working. He ruined my life and everytime i rang him for an update it was excuse, after excuse after excuse

I attempted to claim back my money but the company was dissolved and was told i had couldnt enforce anything

wish i could get ahold of the !!!!!!! again n make him give me back my money!
  • NeonNature
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to just inform you all on what I know, and what I've read here.

Matthew Roberts employed me in late June 2015, doing admin and later managing their social media accounts. Throughout my employment Mr Roberts was took advantage of my position - a 17 year old, desperate for a job. He flirted, asked for sexual images, in fact - even took me out places. I just assumed at the time he was being kind - upon reflection, he wasn't. I won't deny flirting a little back, mainly because I felt pressured and feared losing the job.

About three weeks into my employment, I mentioned I'd be going to London with some friends for a trip - he mentioned previously working for Virgin Trains, suggesting he can get train fare cheaper so took £180 from me and 'booked' 6 tickets return for me and my friends. These tickets never arrived and I was forced to spend over £1200 of my friends money booking new tickets. I was assured he'd refund this - he never did.

Actually being employed by Matthew Roberts was again, difficult. I worked for between June and August 2015 and never once received any wages from him for my work. Payments were 'sent' and never appeared, he blamed it on several different reasons, including former employees 'locking' the accounts, incorrect bank details etc. Eventually I realised I was never going to get my money and left, considering my options and first took the route of legal action, but once I found this thread and other information - I knew my efforts and money investment into court cases would never get me anything back - he's just dissolve the company.

The company itself was just...odd. Some properties listed we're never actually the companies (I remember receiving a cease and diciest email about a property he told me to add), he kept opening offices and never actually making deals for properties. He talked to me about loopholes in systems like he knew exactly what he was doing. At once point I regained control of the social media accounts, but once he found out he shut them down too, there's very little mention of it online other than the evidence I print screened (which is quite a lot). I still have conversations saved and backed up in case I ever need to use them.

Last I knew he was in Devon or Portsmouth, but the offices he occupied in that area never got payment and they changed the locks meaning he was locked out. Since investigating more, I've got copies of action taken against the company of over £6000 owed, from various businesses in places like Leeds to Newcastle. I've found many employees he owes thousands to each for unpaid work. I've got a scanned copy of his driving license proving he has legally changed his name to 'Matthew (Nathan) Roberts' from 'Nathan (Scott) Hudson'. This man needs to be stopped.

He's been sentenced many times before, served times in prison for fraud he has committed since age 19 (and he's now 31). I visited his home once in his car while he collected t-shirts, which was in Cottingham, Hull - this is where his parents live and where I honestly suspect he comes back to often.

Please people! Keep your eye out. If you have information on recent/previous scans, contact, information, anything that may be of help, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm unsure if I can attach my email here, but it's on the twitter account I set up to spread the word of this criminal - @seekingppl

If you want you can also message me on here with details. I will be contacting the police when I have gathered substantial evidence of many cases, as with only two or three there is very little chance of action being taken against him.
  • NeonNature
    Options
    Just an update, as of tonight I have noticed he is no longer going as 'Matthew Roberts' - just 'Matt Roberts' He has started a company called 'The Luxury Property Company Limited''. You can search the company and find he is registered as one of the company directors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure