Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• sy2pie
    sy2pie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I am not allowed to post links but how about this on amazon? "Cities® Expandable Cities Lightweight Hand Luggage Travel Holdall Baggage Wheely Suitcase Cabin Approved Bag Ryanair Easyjet And Many More - 1.6k - 40 Litres - PADLOCK INCLUDED"

I got this recently and though it says it fits in with the measurements it seems to be about 59cm in legnth after getting the tape measure out today. Not 55cm.

I am worried that I turn up in two weeks time and end up having to pay a small fortune. I have looked at lots of online reviews of this product but have not found any stories of the bag being rejected by ryanair or easyjet.

What do you guys think? Will i get lucky?
  • pd001
    pd001 Posts: 871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sy2pie wrote: »
    I am not allowed to post links but how about this on amazon? "Cities® Expandable Cities Lightweight Hand Luggage Travel Holdall Baggage Wheely Suitcase Cabin Approved Bag Ryanair Easyjet And Many More - 1.6k - 40 Litres - PADLOCK INCLUDED"

I got this recently and though it says it fits in with the measurements it seems to be about 59cm in legnth after getting the tape measure out today. Not 55cm.

I am worried that I turn up in two weeks time and end up having to pay a small fortune. I have looked at lots of online reviews of this product but have not found any stories of the bag being rejected by ryanair or easyjet.

What do you guys think? Will i get lucky?

Not too sure but i think that if you dont overfill it, and you can therefore 'stuff' in into their bag measurement thingy, then you could possibly be ok.
    Not 100% sure though
  • Magginelli
    Options
    Hi! A few months ago I purchased a "Cabin Max" flight bag which is exactly the permitted Ryanair dimensions (55x40x20cm) and weighs only 850g. It is available from gadgetsuk.com for £29.95 + postage. Great solution for lightweight bag, but does tend to bulge in all directions, and therefore exceed the permitted measurements, if not packed carefully. It can be machine washed - for I have done so - at 40* with a short spin before hanging it out to dry, as good as new!

Has anyone purchased one of the two flight bags (Samsonite F'lite hard shell bag or American Tourister Soft Shell Bag) advertised on the Ryanair site? I'm just curious about how much they weigh, as this information is not available on the Ryanair site and I don't seem to find the same models on other luggage sites. Thanks!
  • keigcf
    keigcf Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    Just flown back from Spain with Ryanair and can confirm they do enforce the hand luggage rule, 2 men were unpacking at the gate and in the end it cost them £50 to get the duty free they had bought onto the plane. It does clearly say everywhere one bag with EVERYTHING in it.
    We didn't see anyone weighing the hand luggage thou, I suppose there is a limit on how much it could actually be given the size allowed.
    Visit beautiful Mid Wales:j
  • magicrichard5
    Options
    Does anyone know if you could get away with a soft sports bag that might exceed the dimensions allowed, but not fully packed, so it could be squashed to fit into the ryan air luggage checkers?

Thinking something like this 1/2 filled:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2868817/Trail/searchtext%3ESPORTS+BAG.htm#pdpFullProductInformation
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if you could get away with a soft sports bag that might exceed the dimensions allowed, but not fully packed, so it could be squashed to fit into the ryan air luggage checkers?

Thinking something like this 1/2 filled:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2868817/Trail/searchtext%3ESPORTS+BAG.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

If they check it with their cardboard box it will cost you, why risk it?

Too big is too big,
  • magicrichard5
    Options
    I've not flown Ryan Air for years, what is the cardboard box and how it will prevent me from showing my bag could fit inside those dimensions?

I'm genuinely not going to be filling this bag completely up, so there will be no danger of it not fitting within a container.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's an empty box with no bottom that staff slide over luggage to check that it isn't oversized. Unlike the cage it's portable so it allows them to do the checks while people are waiting in line rather than when they go through the gate, thereby speeding up the boarding process. They don't always use it and when they do I've only ever seen it used on trolleys.
  • totallybored
    totallybored Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used a big supermarket reusable bag the other week on an easyjet flight and it only cost me 50 cents :D Not sure what the dimensions are but they're about the same size as the metal cages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure