Married Quarters (MQ) Residents - Page 39

New Post Advanced Search

Married Quarters (MQ) Residents

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
421 replies 86.3K views

Replies

• blt wrote: »
    Punctuation is not a crime you know :rotfl:

Neither is having a well paid job and some assets, something seems to be stopping you though. :rotfl:
  • :rotfl::rotfl:And aren't even intelligent enough to look past the username, oops, you are really a sandwich aren't you? Corps rubbish, chip on the shoulder more like, soldier on kid and stop offending people with your bad attitude and jealousy.:rotfl::rotfl:
  • jpwhittlejpwhittle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    BLT maybe you should join the frontline? seeing as you know so much about it. why dont you accept a job where the accomadation you're given is regulerly classed as substandard, is unfit for people living on benefits, and as one closed camp was described "not fit enough for the prisoners that were going to be put there when it was turned into a prison". While all the time its ok for you to live in a freezing house during the coldest winter on record because the heating system packed up and supposedly it isnt an emergancy to fix it, thus your soon ends up with pnumonia and your told to deal with it. The children are ill constantly because of the damp and the mould that grows in everyroom but your told simply open your windows. Doesnt matter that they are never closed anyway due to trying to clear the damp.
    So yeah we get cheap rent, certainly not £100 a month rent but we live in conditions that people who cant be arsed doing a full days work arent allowed to live in because its against their basic human rights!!! Most families dont stay in forces quarters very long for the good of their families and those of us that do, do so because we move so often. I own my own house that we let out and i know im not allowed to let my tennant live in these conditions but yet its ok for the men and women who defend this country and their families, so please dont come on here cmoplaining untill you know all the facts
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • Marker_2Marker_2 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    blt wrote: »
    You people make me laugh, you pay 120 pounds a month for a 3 bedroom property with a garden, get free repairs on call etc etc and then whine like little girls when things don't go the way you plan.

PMSL at having to take a days leave, that I'm surprised you weren't on permanent guard.

You people need to visit the real world, where rent is 6 times as high and you actually have to look after yourself

Firstly, housing stock comes in different shapes and sizes, sometimes even different floors, so your first point is flawed.you must be so far down the military food chain if you actually have to take leave for quarter repairs

FREE repairs on a property that we don't own. Isn't that funny, civi landlords are obliged to do the same thing as well. Like civi tenants if we personally damage something then we have to pay for it. Instead of a deposit given upfront we are billed at the end for damages ...

Slightly annoying having to take a days leave for repairs for someelses property, again civi world it would be the landlords problem! Unless arranged with the tenant. We on the other hand dont get that choice. Oh and due to the incompetance of the FREE repair service we receive, add a few more annual leave used up on one small tiny issue.

As for this "you must be so far down the military food chain if you actually have to take leave for quarter repairs". What a plank you are. We can't all be on top of the world as you believe you are. You have to have the foot soldiers ... to clean up your !!!!!.

As for the real world ... personnel deploying all the time, living in substandard cheap accommodation in an area we've never heard of, hundreds of miles away from family is the real world. Dumb dumb dumb!
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • peteukpeteuk Forumite
    358 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭
    blt wrote: »
    You people make me laugh, you pay 120 pounds a month for a 3 bedroom property with a garden, get free repairs on call etc etc and then whine like little girls when things don't go the way you plan.

PMSL at having to take a days leave, you must be so far down the military food chain if you actually have to take leave for quarter repairs that I'm surprised you weren't on permanent guard.

You people need to visit the real world, where rent is 6 times as high and you actually have to look after yourself

First off I dont pay £120 for a 3 bedroom house. And if you want to come and cut my grass it sure would only take about 10 minutes in the postage stamp of a garden.

Secondly yes i was P***sed off at the fact the MHS couldnt get their act together to send an appropraite people with the equipment to fix a basic problem. You dont send a carpenter to fix an electrical fault.

Yes I took a days leave, at the time the place I worked at was 10 miles away from the SFA, I wasnt allowed to claim travel to work, as a bus was supplied....

And as for the guard duty. How many people in the military can say hand on heart after 13 years in not one single guard duty done!!!!!

If you want to guess my trade then feel free! Equally at 40K a year I dont believe im that "far down the food chain"
    Proud to be dealing with our debts
    Starting debt 2005 £63.7K. Current debt £3K and decreasing. Debt free at some point in 2018:o
    :pHoping to be debt free ASAP!:p
  • peteukpeteuk Forumite
    358 posts
    ✭✭
    OK how about another compalint to MHS. This happened about 4 years ago.

I requested MHS relay my front path. I actually shared it with my neighbour but thought it was looking dangerous,so reported it.

MHS dully sent two men out to lift the concrete and lay a new one. However what they actually did was this.

Didnt knock on the door! ripped up the old path, didnt mix enough concrete and then layed the new path. Only when they came to the final corner they realised they hadnt enough concrete so set about mixing it with mud from the ripped up path.

I know this because I watched them from an upstairs window. When they had finished they walked over the road, had the housing bloke sign off the job (as there was no one in the house) and left.

Strangley when it dried and cracked I complained. I dragged the housing officer from his office and then poured a bucket of water over the path. Sadly the water just pooled in the middle.

So the next week the same guys came back out and ripped up the path, mixed enough concrete and then put it back down. They even levelled it off....

My passing remark to them as I left the house just as the packed up was " you should have done that inthe first place".
    Starting debt 2005 £63.7K. Current debt £3K and decreasing. Debt free at some point in 2018:o
  • jpwhittlejpwhittle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    peteuk wrote: »
    If you want to guess my trade then feel free! Equally at 40K a year I dont believe im that "far down the food chain"

pretty far up the food chain id say.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • chazzie83chazzie83 Forumite
    56 posts
    Me and my wife got a quarter at RAF Wittering and when she did the march in she was told the signal is poor in the area and you need sky to watch TV. Was outside yesterday putting the washing out and looked up at the roof and realised we had no TV aerial are we intitled to get this fixed?
  • gt568gt568 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have an aerial.
    :silenced: Down with the signature fascists!!:naughty:
  • peteukpeteuk Forumite
    358 posts
    ✭✭
    chazzie83 wrote: »
    Me and my wife got a quarter at RAF Wittering and when she did the march in she was told the signal is poor in the area and you need sky to watch TV. Was outside yesterday putting the washing out and looked up at the roof and realised we had no TV aerial are we intitled to get this fixed?

Think you might find the ariel in the roof space.....dont both with attaching the TV to the wall sockets they dont tend to be connected.

Wittering is a nightmare, my mate had to sit on his kitchen worktop point his mobile out of the window just to get a signal.

Still I miss the kebabs from Stamford, no one does a mixed kebab in Nan around here!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support