Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    The badge video isnt working. I got my OH one of these previously. I sent all the info in and asked them to send it to him as a surprise, which they did !

The Veterans' phone line was too busy to find out about the progress on the ex Forces ID card - anyone know more ?
  • ChuckieD
    ChuckieD Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anybody know which theme parks/attractions offer a military discount in or relatively close London? Had a look at Forces Discounts but the site is just irritating. I'm actually from London so know most of the free stuff like museums etc want to get the munchkin out and about as much as possible. Cheers :D
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    OH is ex Armed Forces and now eligible for a Blue Light Card so we've signed him up to that. I think people should refuse to pay for a British Veterans' Recognition Card though it should be free - the Blue Light Card is.
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    Not idea. But have you looked on national rail 2for1 offers? Lots on there.
    :beer:
  • lucy3936
    lucy3936 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    you can get a discount on merlin passes which would then get you into loads of attractions in and around london for free?
  • mscott1983
    mscott1983 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Property site with discounts for forces personnel http://www.kooduforces.com
  • bilko1234
    bilko1234 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    came across this on facebook (still available)

are you or your family in the forces? are you ex forces (uk only) then we will give you 10% off any 3 or 4 night break in one of our caravans just email [EMAIL="sales@oaktreeholidays.com"]sales@oaktreeholidays.com[/EMAIL] and ask for forces discount. no restriction on dates (untill all vans booked) also valid for 2013 if booked by oct 2012
  • iheartbristol
    Options
    Anyone had any experience getting a discount in the US as a UK Armed Forces Veteran?

I'm going to Vegas later this year and it would be nice to have a card to show in restaurants etc that do a discount to see if I can get it (I know that the US veterans do, but it seems they have an official veterans card - wish we did over here).

There are various veterans discount card schemes but to me, one looks like a gimmick, one looks like a scam, the other looks like it could be legit but probably unknown across the pond. I know we're supposed to be getting one but no idea when: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/veterans-win-fight-for-smart-id-cards-1657028.html

Unless there's a card specific to ex crabs? I saw one on the web years ago but can't find it now.

Trying to remain free of unsecured debt and build up some savings.

Have done CeFA and CeMAP exams but no longer regulated.
  • ldonald101
    ldonald101 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Brantano refused to honour their advertised military discount the other day...wont be shopping there again. No doubt they will honour their student discount. I did email them however, no reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure