Home Insurance Cashback Success

Options

Comments

• gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone seeing any big cashback at the moment for buildings only?
  • paulteed
    paulteed Posts: 14 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    AA contents insurance cost £40.89

Quidco cashback (tracked) £38.00

Total cost contents insurance £2.89

Happy days
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    has anyone managed to get the £50 cashback from LloydsTSB for there Home insurance + £75 from a cashback site such as Topcashback? in theory you shouldn't be able to get both but just wondered if anyone has managed it?
  • elektra
    elektra Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 13 October 2009 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Anybody had success with Asda. I'm still wating on Cashbackkings for a transaction early March - status has been changed to extended.

Update : finally paid end of Sept
  • Charismac
    Options
    I've only just joined so this could be a bit out of date but last year I got paid £26 to take out home insurance despite having made a claim earlier in the year. I used TopCashBack and took out Contents cover with Co-operative who were also offering free legal cover and then took Buildings cover out with ASDA. Considering we had 0 no claims bonus, I was pretty impressed!
  • plzhelpmesave!
    Options
    i dont seem to have much luck with quidco and insurances! have managed to get a cheaper quote from my current provider just going direct to their website - they're not on any of the cashbck sites - typical! but at least it it a guaranteed saving and its £50 cheaper than their renewal!
  • junkmail42
    Options
    Beware 'More Than' Cashback. They don't pay out!!!!!

I've been waiting for over 6 months. Went through TopCashback. I use a different PC, and clear cookies before making the transaction, and they're refusing to pay, as they say they've already paid someone else!! TopCashback have been showing it as confirmed for ages, this obviously means nothing. If you check the reviews of More Than on there, loads of people think it's great when it's confirmed. It means nothing!

I'll never use them again, I don't care how cheap they are. Who's to say they'll pay out on an insurance claim, if they don't honour their cashback promises.
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    junkmail42 wrote: »
    Beware 'More Than' Cashback. They don't pay out!!!!!

I wish I knew that before I recently took out two insurance policies in successive months with More Than. The first one shows as Confirmed but their payout is overdue. The second one didn't track at all, I made a manual claim but have been told I have to wait 90 days for this particular merchant.
  • ooops
    ooops Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I did a contents insurance search on moneysupermarket.com, got a quote from the AA for £35.64. Went in via Topcashback website, got £30 off and hopefully that means in effect the insurance will be £5.64 for the year. Yay x
  • davie
    davie Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got my £70 cashback back via Quidco from MoreThan. It tracked mid-May and has just been paid today - so just over 6 months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback