Home Insurance Cashback Success

Options

Comments

• mellymell_2
    Options
    I was very happy, I took out a contents premium with Halifax for £80 (with £100 excess) and got £55 cash back for it! I only had one problem, in that when I came to pay for it, the site wouldn't accept any of my cards telling me they were invalid, and asking me to call the halifax to complete the process, menaing of course I wouldnt get paid the cashback! I was very pleased with myself when I found a awy around that by paying by direct debit (which they don't charg for!) cashback pending. woo hoo!!
    Money burns a hole in my pocket, but I'm trying to be good!!
    :confused: :grouphug: :A
  • geordiekev
    Options
    I took out separate buildings and contents.

ASDA £48 annual for contents, £68 cashback from topcashback.com (no fees, unlike quidco). Thus cost minus £20.

Swinton for buildings £117, achieved using promo code sw20 (obtained simply for getting car insurance quote) plus £45 cashback. REAL cost £72.

Thus cost for both only £52.

*********extra offer, when you buy home insurance from swinton, you get £40 off car insurance.

So off topic a bit, but car quote £203 with £40 saving using promo code and £55 cashback from topcashback.com. REAL cost £148.

Method to get saving:
    1) Get car quote from swinton, dont buy at this point, (promo for £20 off home insurance sent by e-mail).
    2) Purchase Home insurance from Swinton (buildings) / ASDA (contents) using topcashback site (£45 + £68 cashback) e-mail received with £40 off car insurance from swinton.
    3) Purchase car insurance with Swinton using £40 off promo code. (Plus £55 cashback).

JOB DONE (£168 CASHBACK for home and car insurance and £60 saving). Both are very competitive prices. Home and Car polices REAL COST £200 per year.

Good Luck, hope others have luck with this.
  • jamiensam
    Options
    Been a big fan of this site for 2 years now, never looked back.

I dread this time of year, it so happens we have the following renewed in Jan:

-Building and contents insurance
    -Cat insurance x2
    -Breakdown cover

This year I couldn't help but gloat/support other moneysavers:

House insurance renewal with Co-Op was £145 (got cashback last year from them!) - this year even better - Sainsburys was only £84 (for our 2 bed mid-terrace) and with £60 cashback via Quidco - only £24 for the year!

Cat insurance renewals were £75 each (more valuable than the house!!!!). Sainsburys quoted me £78 each but with a further £35 each from Quidco.

Managed to pay for both the above via monthly DD as Sainsburys do not charge any extra for this.

Lastly, switched from RAC (renewal £126) to AA (£130) but again Quidco came up with cashback of £50 and got 2,000 extra nectar points by typing BA01 in the offer box (as per nectar website)

Total renewal prices = £421. Ended up paying £370 but there's cashback to come of £180, meaning it all costs £190.

With nectar points (regular and the 2,000 bonus points) on top of all this, I'm very happy!

Happy new year and keep saving!
  • Nanoushka
    Options
    Asda home contents came up with £53 so with £71 cashback I have made £18, not quite as good on the buildings but again Asda came up trumps with £133 plus £71 cashback so not bad for a lunchtimes work.:rotfl:
  • steve888
    steve888 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    hi does this work if you are renwing ie i have esure and have been sent renewal can i go through quidco and get cashback?
    steve
  • Johnny_Doe
    Options
    geordiekev wrote: »
    I took out separate buildings and contents.

ASDA £48 annual for contents, £68 cashback from topcashback.com (no fees, unlike quidco). Thus cost minus £20.

Swinton for buildings £117, achieved using promo code sw20 (obtained simply for getting car insurance quote) plus £45 cashback. REAL cost £72.

Thus cost for both only £52.

*********extra offer, when you buy home insurance from swinton, you get £40 off car insurance.

So off topic a bit, but car quote £203 with £40 saving using promo code and £55 cashback from topcashback.com. REAL cost £148.

Method to get saving:
    1) Get car quote from swinton, dont buy at this point, (promo for £20 off home insurance sent by e-mail).
    2) Purchase Home insurance from Swinton (buildings) / ASDA (contents) using topcashback site (£45 + £68 cashback) e-mail received with £40 off car insurance from swinton.
    3) Purchase car insurance with Swinton using £40 off promo code. (Plus £55 cashback).

JOB DONE (£168 CASHBACK for home and car insurance and £60 saving). Both are very competitive prices. Home and Car polices REAL COST £200 per year.

Good Luck, hope others have luck with this.

I've tried this but Swinton house insurance is not tracking the £45 quidco.. I don't think you can use the £20 voucher and quidco? so with the car insurance not sure if I'll risk combining the £40 swinton cashback and just claim the £55 quidco (hoping it tracks ok)
  • p0megranate
    Options
    I bought a car insurane from Swinton £50.00 cashback through moneysupermarket, but received no email with form to claim back so cancelled policy and got charged £44.00. so they got £44.00 cashback from me even though I cancelled within two days of receiving documents and fourteen days cooling off period. I wonder if anyone else had this problem as the branch staff werent helpful at all.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi, this isn't a massive result but I'm chuffed :D Our b&c renewal with Abbey was for £279.52. After lots of searching I found a quote for £220 via Swinton plus will receive £30 cashback from them after 90 days. Also went through Quidco which also mentions £30 cashback so not sure if I may get £30 via Quidco too or if that is me being plain greedy :o I am more than happy with £220 minus £30, about £90 cheaper than existing insurer :T

Cheers guys, without MSE I wouldn't have known how to go about looking for the best quote :D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Hi, this isn't a massive result but I'm chuffed :D Our b&c renewal with Abbey was for £279.52. After lots of searching I found a quote for £220 via Swinton plus will receive £30 cashback from them after 90 days. Also went through Quidco which also mentions £30 cashback so not sure if I may get £30 via Quidco too or if that is me being plain greedy :o I am more than happy with £220 minus £30, about £90 cheaper than existing insurer :T

Cheers guys, without MSE I wouldn't have known how to go about looking for the best quote :D

Whoooooo :jThe £30 cashback via Quidco tracked so going to get £60 cashback in total :T
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Stephenbw
    Stephenbw Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I paid £457 last year and not due for renewal until 30th June so I'm not sure what this year's figure will be.

However I'm confident that it won't be less than the £181 I've just paid with Norwich Union for buildings insurance + free contents, and that's before the £80 cashback with Quidco that finishes tomorrow (30th April).

So it looks like I've saved £360+ for a couple of hours 'work' :j:T:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure