Scrapbooking thread

Options

Comments

• melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the link rainmac, I've saved it to favourites so that I can check it out later - I love anywhere that offers free postage!
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 15,524 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rainmac Journal Jars are just jars (I found coffee jars are ideal and you can decorated them or ikea also do some cheap nice jars if you want to buy some) filled with strips of paper with journal prompts, simple questions or challenges written on them. You can make them match the person who your giving it too, ones i've done are

Disney questions for someone who been on holiday
    Family history questions for relatives (sneaky way of getting info this ;))
    Different layout challenges for a scrapbooker.

If you google Journal Jars you will get alot of ideas come up, this is a good site to start with

http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/ywc/journaljars.htm

I've had a rough week this week so not got any crafting done apart from a card for dad for fathers day. Could someone tell me how to put photos in a post :rotfl: it will have to be a simple explantion, nothing is working in my brain at the moment.

Melissa have you done any scapbooking yet?
    [FONT=&quot]“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks for the link Mrs Bones, will def have a look!

Sorry you've not had a good week :( We've had preschool sports day and big school parents induction meeting. Am all schooled out :rotfl: , got loads of forms to fill in and uniform to buy - prices of badged stuff are :eek: and the quality isn't all that to be honest.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    Options
    Mrs Bones, there are instructions on this thread post 784 onwards for adding photos. Looking forward to seeing yours soon!!!
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi All Scrappers

Was just wondering if anyone would like these.

I have been having a root through - there is a free skip in our area so having a late spring clean and came across a scrapbooking pack.

Its only a sheet of a few little bits baby related in nice pastel green and yellow. There are some nice little bits on it and i wondered if anyone would like them. I never got into scrapbooking myself but brought them to do a scrapbook of my son but then found a lovely baby book so instead have used that.

There is a nice little written bit saying 'there is nothing more precious than stealing a kiss from a sleeping baby' and like i said some nice little frames etc in it. Seems a shame to get rid of it as it is totally unused and unopened.

Free to a loving home if anyone would like it - first to pm will have it on its merry little way today

Sam
    x x x x
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • melissa75_2
    Options
    MrsBones - yes I made my first scrapbook and I loved It! There's a couple of pics on the craftyxmas2008 thread, should I post them on here too?
    I have been very naughty! I went on a splurge. I bought some of the Laura Ashley papers and embellishments from ebay. Then last night I ordered more stuff! Don't know where I am going to put it all, I'm afraid I am getting carried away!
    The 1st scrapbook I did was meant to be for my Mum, but now I have decided to give that one to OH's Mum and make another for my Mum using the Laura Ashley papers.
  • rainmac
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    MrsBones - yes I made my first scrapbook and I loved It! There's a couple of pics on the craftyxmas2008 thread, should I post them on here too?
    I have been very naughty! I went on a splurge. I bought some of the Laura Ashley papers and embellishments from ebay. Then last night I ordered more stuff! Don't know where I am going to put it all, I'm afraid I am getting carried away!
    The 1st scrapbook I did was meant to be for my Mum, but now I have decided to give that one to OH's Mum and make another for my Mum using the Laura Ashley papers.

Ohhhh Melissa, you've so got the bug!!! :rotfl: Do you need one of us to talk to you about reining yourself in (this is MSE site after all!) or are you happy to spend? ;) I've also been soooooooooooooo bad buying things this week. My K&Co stuff arrived that I ordered from the company I mentioned above who don't charge for p&p. I've got a 12x12 inch pad of scrapbook papers, box chipboard letters and a pack of embellishments all in the Rough and Tumble range. I then bid on a set of 10 packs of embellishments in the same range on eBay and won them - £15 inc. p&p which is a fab saving and they arrived this morning and are gorgeous. I've bought the stuff initially to try and make decorated door hangers but am then planning on using the rest to do a scrapbook of my boys (should have loads left to do this). Now need a 12x12 album!!! Can't buy that yet, the OH will divorce me! :rotfl:

Let me know what you think of the Laura Ashley papers, I'm watching some bits on ebay at the mo but haven't bid on any yet.

I know what you mean about where to put stuff - I've currently got boxes of stuff on the floor in our bedroom of things I have bought to make into presents. Looks messy but not sure where else to put it!
  • rainmac
    Options
    Hi sammy, you're so lovely offering the pack to someone. I'm sure it will get snapped up by one of the nice people on here. If not, why not sell it on ebay?
  • melissa75_2
    Options
    Rainmac, yes I think I do need to control myself - but I can't. HELP!!!! You are lucky getting all that K & Co. stuff. It is more expensive but the quality and designs are gorgeous! I think its always better to get a range so that everything co-ordinates! I'll post some details later of where I got some bits from as they had some cheap stuff in the sale!
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Been wondering how to decorate my photo albums.........some need chucking out but others just need something to brighten them up so I thought of covering them with fabric. Whats the best glue to use for this ? Would PVA do the job ?
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport