Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Options

Comments

• DougFlo
    DougFlo Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I know it is not much of a dilema, but I have around £200 in clubcard tokens (£800 in deals) that a whole chunk will expire at the end of May.

My dilema.....I can't decide what to spend them on.

I trawl the Tesco Clubcard site and just can't get inspired.

What to do ???!!!
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can send back the ones that have nearly expired and they will recredit them to your account.

This will give you more time to think about what to use them on
  • DougFlo
    Options
    debjay wrote: »
    You can send back the ones that have nearly expired and they will recredit them to your account.

This will give you more time to think about what to use them on

Oh I thought they had stopped doing that. Do I have to ring first, or can I just send them with a covering letter? Is it worth emailing first?

Thanks for the suggestion
  • squiggle37
    squiggle37 Posts: 794 Forumite
    Options
    DougFlo wrote: »
    Oh I thought they had stopped doing that. Do I have to ring first, or can I just send them with a covering letter? Is it worth emailing first?

Thanks for the suggestion

They are still doing this, i had loads of vouchers and couldnt work out which ones i had used, rang cs couple of weeks ago, instead of going through all my vouchers the man on phone cancelled them all and put them on my card for May's statement, cut off for points was 25th april.
  • DougFlo
    Options
    squiggle37 wrote: »
    They are still doing this, i had loads of vouchers and couldnt work out which ones i had used, rang cs couple of weeks ago, instead of going through all my vouchers the man on phone cancelled them all and put them on my card for May's statement, cut off for points was 25th april.

Just emailed them and had this response:

"
    Thank you for your email.
    I am sorry to inform but we are unable to extend the date on the Clubcard vouchers since vouchers currently have a two year life span and should be used within this time frame.

I'm sorry for any disappointment that may be caused by my reply. Thank you for contacting us"
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just emailed them and had this response:
    "
    Thank you for your email.
    I am sorry to inform but we are unable to extend the date on the Clubcard vouchers since vouchers currently have a two year life span and should be used within this time frame.
    I'm sorry for any disappointment that may be caused by my reply. Thank you for contacting us"
    Swap them for days out vouchers which will give you another 6 months and then if you haven't used them you CAN recredit these before they expire.
    See my post #659
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • DougFlo
    Options
    I replied to the email and said I was not very happy and low and behold they have credited them to my May statement.

How very odd. Wish they would make their mind up, but have an extra 2 years now!
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I replied to the email and said I was not very happy and low and behold they have credited them to my May statement.
    How very odd. Wish they would make their mind up, but have an extra 2 years now!
    Brilliant - well done :T
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • Snoopy_rules
    Options
    Just went to the website to order some legoland deals with my vouchers and had a shock. They no longer do separate adult and child prices. You pay the full price in vouchers for a child. Seems a bit unfair when child admission is less. Rang them and checked but the website is correct.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just went to the website to order some legoland deals with my vouchers and had a shock. They no longer do separate adult and child prices. You pay the full price in vouchers for a child. Seems a bit unfair when child admission is less. Rang them and checked but the website is correct.

They've done this with quite a few of the days out offers, mostly theme parks. The full price of some of the tickets is only cost about 2 1/2 times the clubcard price. Find a good BOGOF or 1/2 price offer and the price is not much more than using clubcard deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure