Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Options

Comments

• dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We were fortunate enough to convert a substantial amount of vouchers into Motorpoint deals, just before they came out of the scheme.

As I am a bit wary that perhaps Goldsmiths might now do the same, I have just converted £182 in vouchers into Goldsmiths deals. When this month's vouchers come through, I will also convert them.

We won't be able go get enough vouchers to pay for a Virgin holiday in full, and this way I get a couple of pieces of jewellery for nothing.
  • hullight
    hullight Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    Just looked online at my clubcard balance - still have the same number as before but now it says my next statement will arrive in August. If they have sent out my May statement shouldn't the balance have gone to zero?
  • KrispiiDuck
    KrispiiDuck Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had our statement, and very disappointed that the "WAP/SMS bonus points" as highlighted by Martin's weekly email a few weeks back, have not appeared!

I was expecting the full 77.50 worth having bought 5 of everything that I had registered for and got the return SMSs.
    :(
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Just had our statement, and very disappointed that the "WAP/SMS bonus points" as highlighted by Martin's weekly email a few weeks back, have not appeared!

I was expecting the full 77.50 worth having bought 5 of everything that I had registered for and got the return SMSs.
    :(

I only got 1000 points when I should have had nearly 3000 added, will be phoning them shortly.
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, hope I am asking this in the right place. The new deal they are doing were you can convert your vouchers into double their value to spend on wine, clothes etc please can anyone tell me if it has to be the vouchers they have just issued this week or if I can use ones from last year. Also do you have to tell Customer Service when you change them which departmet you are using them in? eg if I had £15 and changed it to £30 of whatever they give you in replacement does it all have to be spent on wine or could I buy some socks for daughter or CD as well. Do you have to spend them on the day they are changed? I`m finding it a little confusing.. but then most things at my age are confusing.

Many thanks
  • VeLoCiTY
    VeLoCiTY Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Hi, hope I am asking this in the right place. The new deal they are doing were you can convert your vouchers into double their value to spend on wine, clothes etc please can anyone tell me if it has to be the vouchers they have just issued this week or if I can use ones from last year. Also do you have to tell Customer Service when you change them which departmet you are using them in? eg if I had £15 and changed it to £30 of whatever they give you in replacement does it all have to be spent on wine or could I buy some socks for daughter or CD as well. Do you have to spend them on the day they are changed? I`m finding it a little confusing.. but then most things at my age are confusing.

Many thanks

It seems that you have to order them for a specific 'department' however, that could be as simple as Instore or Online.

It states 'Rewards tokens must be spent in full in a single transaction and are only valid in the chosen department'

My guess would be that if you wanted a top and a bottle of wine, you would have to get one set of clothing tokens and one set of wine tokens. As far as I can see there are no options for CD's, DVD's etc.

Also, Issued tokens are valid for 3 months.

Issued tokens can not be returned for a refund, nor can they be swapped for tokens for a different department.

Also, if you were to swap £10 of vouchers for £20 of clothing vouchers...... go and choose a pair of jeans etc, get home and you don't want them, faulty etc and you want a refund you will only be refuded the original amount of the vouchers exchanged, ie. £10.

Hth x
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Many thanks

you can change any voucher into 'double' deals, as long as it hasnt expired

each deal has its own code, depending on which dept you want to spend it in, and whether you want to use it instore or online

the depts included are Toys, all Baby items (except formula), cosmetics, perfumes, clothing, wine, flowers and gardening items, mobiles, travel & breakdown insurance. Basically anything but food and some toiletries

hth Flea
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Thank you for the replies, think I was getting really confused over what seems quite simple. As long as I know I don`t have to buy loads of wine on the same day.. and can use the difference within a few weeks then thats ok.
  • katies_mum
    Options
    If I have vouchers £6.50, £6.50 and £6.00 its says every £5 worth £10 - £19 would they gvie me £30 and then put £4 back onto my club card points or would I get £38 to spend in store...really sorry about this - but don`t want to make a fool of myself at CS (which wouldn`t be hard!) thanks again
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2009 at 2:01PM
    Options
    If I have vouchers £6.50, £6.50 and £6.00 its says every £5 worth £10 - £19 would they gvie me £30 and then put £4 back onto my club card points or would I get £38 to spend in store...really sorry about this - but don`t want to make a fool of myself at CS (which wouldn`t be hard!) thanks again

having tried to order online, it seems you can only redeem vouchers in £5s - so based on that you would get £30 with £4 credited back to the account

Flea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport