Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Options

Comments

• VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure if I have come to the right place, but my brother has given £150 worth of clubcard vouchers - worth £600 in deals (he lives abroad and says he has no use for them), but I notice that when I look to see what we can do with them, they all say non transferable and will have the name/postcode on them. Obviously, his name is different to mine since I married many moons ago, so am I able to use them or not?
    If he no longer uses his clubcard you could get him to change the address for his clubcard account to your address.

from clubcard FAQ

Can I use my friends' or family members' Clubcard Vouchers for my Clubcard Deals?You can only use Clubcard Vouchers that were sent to your registered Clubcard Account address (the address your Clubcard Statement is sent to).

from clubcard T&C

The Tesco Clubcard scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Tesco Clubcard Points and Vouchers cannot be transferred, sold or in any way traded. They may only be pooled by members with the same postal address.

You could then ask for the vouchers to be re-issued at new address.

There's nothing to say you can't have 2 accounts at the same address.
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    Even if I change his address to mine, when I go to use them they will have his surname of them and if they ask for id at the venue I choose to use the vouchers, could they then decline to accept them?
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • DM7
    DM7 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems the voucher forum is closed so sorry for posting a code here. I was absolutely desperate for some codes as it's my partner's birthday coming up and I just got £12.50 off my Tesco shop.:j I used NXVXJYGKHLRY £7.50 off £50 and XXPPR7 £5 off £50 - found on another voucher site so not my own ones.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here to the site I got it from so I won't but there are loads more there that just might be worth a try if you do a google search.

NB: Sorry about the bold type - it won't let me turn it off.:confused:

DM
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even if I change his address to mine, when I go to use them they will have his surname of them and if they ask for id at the venue I choose to use the vouchers, could they then decline to accept them?
    More usefully, if he is never going to use his Clubcard account again then you/he could ring up Tesco and ask to add his Clubcard number to your account.

You could then use his existing vouchers to apply for Clubcard Deals vouchers in your name.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As mentioned in previous post, people living at the same address can share coupons.

Below is part of a reply from Clubcard CS. Used daughter/mother (with different surnames) but it would work for anyone with cards registered at the same address.

Your Sister and Mother can put all their Vouchers together to apply for
    the one Deal, as they live at the same Address. When we issue the Tokens
    they will be printed with the Surname of whom placed the order.

If they are both using the Tokens together then either of them could put
    their Surname on the order. However if it is only your Sister that is
    going to be using the Tokens then she will need to put her Name on the
    order. The Tokens will then be printed with her Surname on them.

They can both merge their Clubcard Accounts together as they do live at
    the same Address. However the Tokens can only be printed with one
    Surname on, so as above who ever placed the order the Tokens will be
    printed with their Name on them.

To get his points put onto your card

If they would like to merge the Accounts together they will both need to
    call 0808 591 688.

but you'd have to get the address changed on his account first anyway.
  • pazza2000
    pazza2000 Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I have got sent a code to get 1000cc points if i sign up to Tesco DVD rental, however i cant find any t&c about this. I am wondering how long i have to be a member for to get the points as intend to cancel this with the hope of getting it just for the points.

Thanks
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    As mentioned in previous post, people living at the same address can share coupons.

Below is part of a reply from Clubcard CS. Used daughter/mother (with different surnames) but it would work for anyone with cards registered at the same address.

Your Sister and Mother can put all their Vouchers together to apply for
    the one Deal, as they live at the same Address. When we issue the Tokens
    they will be printed with the Surname of whom placed the order.

If they are both using the Tokens together then either of them could put
    their Surname on the order. However if it is only your Sister that is
    going to be using the Tokens then she will need to put her Name on the
    order. The Tokens will then be printed with her Surname on them.

They can both merge their Clubcard Accounts together as they do live at
    the same Address. However the Tokens can only be printed with one
    Surname on, so as above who ever placed the order the Tokens will be
    printed with their Name on them.

To get his points put onto your card

If they would like to merge the Accounts together they will both need to
    call 0808 591 688.

but you'd have to get the address changed on his account first anyway.

Thanks for that - that has made it alot clearer. Will change his address to mine and then submit an order with both our points (in my name). Whooaa!! great:T
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any one esle receiving 'money off' till spits? For the past 2 weeks I've received £4 off till spit and them this week I received an £8 till spit. Very happy with that.
    Thank you all who post.
  • pazza2000
    pazza2000 Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    pazza2000 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have got sent a code to get 1000cc points if i sign up to Tesco DVD rental, however i cant find any t&c about this. I am wondering how long i have to be a member for to get the points as intend to cancel this with the hope of getting it just for the points.

Thanks

Anyone any idea?? Sorry to be hasty :-D
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pazza2000 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea?? Sorry to be hasty :-D

You proabably have to sign upto full membership for a period of months to qualify for the points, they won't credit you that many points for a trial. They may give you some points towards the trial.

Can't find anything about this promotion to give you t&c.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure