Lose Weight 21

Options

Comments

• PinkLipgloss
    PinkLipgloss Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    missyg, you def deserve some treats. That's one thing I'm worried about when I go home - having access to all the amazing goodies i can't get over here! :eek:

vix, PMSL at your comments :rotfl: . I'm totally with you on the funeral front - oh so depressing. I've never been to an actual funeral (cremetorium or graveyard)- as I actively avoid them - the service is bad enough! Have you seen that episode of Phoenix Nights were the Major dies? Genius!

As for my age - yes I am actually 28! ha ha! I'm married but no kids yet (OH wants to have some when I've finished uni course). We got legally married a few months ago - however it was just paperwork - we are having the formal ceremony in Scotland summer 2009. When ever I get annoyed at him I tell him I'm using him for his DNA and he's dumped as soon as we have kids :rotfl: (children with one western parent and one Japanese parent are soooooooo cute!).

efrieze - well done you! :j I can't wait to get started in Glasgow Uni gym (if they'll have me! )
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
  • missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks BB :D Unfortunately I didn't wait for anyone's agreement and said goodies have already been scoffed :rotfl: I feel an evening on the cross-trainer is in order now, haha.

Go Efrieze! :D I bet it's harder in the gym compared to being out and about, especially on the day when you'll get a little extra boost from the event itself :)

Well Vix you've given me something to ponder on the school walk today :rotfl:
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    vixarooni wrote: »
    I wonder if nedals penis is as brown as he is? !

.........yes, you would wouldn't you :rolleyes:
    victory wrote: »
    AJAX,SUGGS anyone put a lcd 42" tv on the wall, any ideas which bracket is the best to buy? Any tips please pm me as we have no clue which one to buy and how to disguise the leads, gracias:D

I used this one vic http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=100-0748 just because it was there and available at the time... I couldn't be bothered to haggle or shop around - after bluffing them out of a £100 discount on the TV I wanted to get out of the shop fast. It does the job fine and was very easy to put up. It will be the ideal size for 42", it's about 38" across if my memory serves me.
    petrichor wrote: »

...Link not working for me, and perhaps as well methinks :D ...

...4 pages to catch up, well I'll give it a go....

??? It works fine here. OK then, I'll darn well post the whole picture :)
    Tennis.jpg

I know what you mean about catching up.... half a day is four pages these days :)
    BrightonBelle,

ah - I see! Well at least you can eliminate Japanese from the list of possibles! Sorry I don't know any other languages - perhaps missy or ajax might have some ideas?

........sorry, I've never seen it before.

Can't believe vix was giving me Christian name snobbery 'tude :D

Welcome to Lainie

Some great losses guys, well done. 3lb gain for me though - Saturday's big day has hit me hard, me thinks.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    The house I must say is looking good, we chose ocean ripple for the living room and it looks lovely, soft greeny white colour very nice.

Sounds like mint icecream! :p
    anyone put a lcd 42" tv on the wall, any ideas which bracket is the best to buy? Any tips please pm me as we have no clue which one to buy and how to disguise the leads, gracias:D

Ours is only 32", but I expect the principal is the same. My DH made the brackets himself out of angled aluminium, which he bought from a local hardware shop. (This is like a long metal rectangle about 4" across, bent lengthways at 90 degrees.) The original piece was about 3 feet long, and he sawed it into four pieces of equal length. Two of these are screwed to the wall, and two screwed to the rear of the TV - the four are then married up and screwed together. The leads are hidden in white plastic trunking, which runs along the lower edge of the dado rail so they're very unobtrusive.

Hope that helps.

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • bindiboo
    bindiboo Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    Options
    hiya guys, glad to report that

5.gif
    this week
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

• retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lainie75 wrote: »
    Hi All

My name is Lainie (Elaine) i'm a 33 yr old single parent of two , after reading lots of the posts over the past few days i wondered if it would be possible if i could join again (i was a memeber ages ago)...
    ) and i do love myself i dont like what i have done but i do forgive myself for it , whats done is done , its what i'm gonna do next that matters.

thankyou for listening i know it was a bit long

Take care all

Lainie

Hello Lainie and welcome to this place - it is great. You will find loads of support on here and there is no pressure from anyone. You can post comments as much or as little as you like and you can tell people when you have been a little naughty or when you have had a bad situation and need a little comfort and reassurance (Like I did when I went to the theatre last year with my daughter and couldn't fit into the seat - ended up sitting on the stairs:eek: :o :mad: ), and you share your celebrations with us - like that fab 13 pound weight loss:j :j !

I have been where you are now and I know how hard it was for you to post your message on here. Well done for being so brave!!:T

I go to slimming world but I have been to weight watchers in the distant past and did lose weight there.
    Anyway just to wish you all the best of luck on your journey - the peeps on here will make it a little smoother for you!

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    efrieze wrote: »
    Just been to the gym this lunchtime.

10km Cycle 24 mins 21 secs
    3.2km Run 20 mins 10 secs (slow but steady)

Ran out of time to keep going (my excuse!). At this rate the duathlon is going to be hard but I will do it.

I see you your gym session and raise you my gym session. :D
    Damm rain stopped me going outside.
    Well done on your session btw.
    I found out that the day before my 10k I am mean to be playing rugby:eek: I ask you rugby in August, its just not right! Will rugby and a 10k count as my duathlon? :rotfl:

5.75km Cycle Level 13 10mins
    7.25km Jog 10.7km/h 40min44secs
    vixarooni wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

I wonder if nedals penis is as brown as he is? I always remember seeing my brothers willy in the shower and thinking how tanned it was. But then my dads and matts is pretty brown too.
    !

Good Grief :naughty: I cant believe what I am reading. I cant wait to meet Matt. "Hello Matt I understand you like to dip your tool in chocolate powder, either that or you been at the gravy granules again" :rotfl:

My flab has been gasted :rotfl:

Pubic topiary anyone?? :rotfl:
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • thriftymoo
    thriftymoo Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    Options
    hi all well done on all your losses and sts!

this week i have STS, but lost 1.5% fat. hoping to get some of the body analyser scales so i can see exactly whats happening!
    Aug £10 a day £0/£1000
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    wow, havent posted in this thread for a while nowbut since i last did in may ive lost 1.5 stone. a quick hi to everyone and il try and check in more often :)
    Comp Wins 12: Etnies Beanie, Royal Stafford Cheese plate,
  • efrieze
    efrieze Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suggs wrote: »
    I see you your gym session and raise you my gym session. :D
    Damm rain stopped me going outside.
    Well done on your session btw.

Actually it's a close match - my 44 mins v your 50 mins! Your cycle was faster than mine (and i was on level 3 :o !) but the run times were similar. It's difficult for me to do more (timewise) at lunchtime as I ought not take much more than an hour and I definitely need to shower afterwards! Then I eat my lunch at my desk afterwards (so I take longer than an hour overall anyway).

Good for you for a 7.25km run. Haven't done more than 5.9km yet but I reckon i could build up to it. Missyg's 10km in 1hr 10m scares me a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure