Atlantic Electric and Gas

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
63 replies 10.4K views

Replies

• SmartasssSmartasss Forumite
    873 posts
    @ Malcolm from Telecomplus

There is a message at the top of every page which you should read:
    Posting links for personal gain is strictly prohibited, except in the 'referrers' section.
  • markedgarmarkedgar Forumite
    61 posts
    Here 'it' goes again...
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • SmartasssSmartasss Forumite
    873 posts
    Mark E (who has disclosed on this Board that he is connected to Telecom+) wrote:
    Here 'it' goes again...

This is what MSE Martin wrote about Telecom Plus posting:
    All touting posts to be removed.
    Consistent offenders will be banned from the site
    TP users are vociferous and committed to their network marketing scheme, this is fine. Yet it is beginning to feel more like an orchestrated lobbying campaign than a discussion and this is worsened by the continued sales pitching and touting for business. This goes against what Moneysavingexpert.com chat boards are about. There is a board specifically for touting for business on this site. It is called the referrers board - it is fine to do it there.

I would like all chat regulars who read this to take a note of where it is. If you see someone who sounds like a TP distributor but isn't declaring, please refer them to this post.
  • FinishrichFinishrich Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking of moving gas to Atlantic, ??? On some of the searches their customer service rating seem to be low compared to the others, is it worth the inconvenice to switch to them. I Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has moved their supply to them.

Liza

• uih039uih039 Forumite
    101 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    I switched to Atlantic for both electric and gas just over a year ago. I think I have saved about what the website told me (£100 ish) but I haven't worked it out down to the last kilowatthourthingy! I received a cheque promptly after one year for one month's payments as promised when I switched (8.5% discount for DD).

I have noted that many people find their administration poor but this doesn't bother me too much as I feel I'm capable of dealing with this as and when it arises. No problems so far although I do note I've had a lot of estimated bills but I think this was always the case.
  • nhnh Forumite
    567 posts
    I use Atlantic but didn't know about the 8.5% - so you get one month's payments back after a year? I don't know when we switched precisely. I suppose I could ring and ask. As for customer service, I have never had to deal with them so not a problem!
    I'm married now! Yippee!
  • paylesspayless Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    nh,

I assume you went to Atlantic following a price comparison service.

in my case
    Atlantic rates are higher - its the 8.5% cashback that made the cheapest (at the time)

BUT not sure if they have other lower tariffs without teh cashback.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys obviously don't know but Atlantic went into adminstration this week, have been bought 'cheap' by Scottish & Southern.
  • paylesspayless Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers

Appears keeping Atlantic "brand" separate
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • nhnh Forumite
    567 posts
    Payless,

Yes, I did go through a price comparison site - so you think the offer won't affect me? I will try it on with them anyway!
    I'm married now! Yippee!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support