PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Judellie
    Judellie Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Yippee!
    Second NSD since the beginning of the month.
    Did get an earful from ds2 and ds3, both continually saying there's nothing to eat angry-smiley-030.gif. I told them they had the choice of fruit, twinks hobnobs, fairy cakes, hm hot x buns, belgian fingers, or home made breadand the rest of the roast chicken from the other day, and that was before tea.
    I still got 'but we don't want them we want sweets':wall:
    Did not give in though, they'll get used to itwink.gif

Jude xx
    GC June: £350/405.56
    GC July: £350 spent
    [STRIKE]£22[/STRIKE]99.51
  • galadriel
    galadriel Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    hamish222 wrote: »
    Spent 1.03 on two baked potatoes today. Planning on next three days being nds as working lates and won't be at shops and taking my dinner with me.

The cheese biscutes, hobnobs, shortbread etc. How long do they last?

Depends on how well you hide them :D My first batch of hobnobs only lasted a couple of days between my son and his mate, me and the dog. Have read other posts saying that people freeze some.
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help me.. I have a tesco order due for del on sunday but i just went to go and add pepper to my shopping that ive ordered to find the guide price is £36.00 instead of orignal £42. I then notice that the list they have on tesco is missing loads of items from my list i ordered and also checked it with my email confermation..and there is deffo items missing from the list on my orders,

what do i do? I dont really need them..do i ring them now or after del??
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • newmoneysaver_2
    newmoneysaver_2 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just totting up my spends for the last two days:
    loaf - 60p (two for £1.50 in morrisons, but I split with Mum :D)
    £1.80- for bacon butty for hubby. - he came home from work and decided he was hungry had he hadn't had anything to eat, just as the men came to fit my worktop. I eneded up popping to the butty shop round the corner :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    39p two part baked baguette in Aldi - really do need to get breadmaker back from Mum!
    and 58p for to cans of pop whilst we were out this afternoon.

So total now at: £33.22 :T
  • newmoneysaver_2
    newmoneysaver_2 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add:

Congratulations to Mrs Irwin!
  • miecherox
    miecherox Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Judellie wrote: »
    Yippee!
    Second NSD since the beginning of the month.
    Did get an earful from ds2 and ds3, both continually saying there's nothing to eat angry-smiley-030.gif. I told them they had the choice of fruit, twinks hobnobs, fairy cakes, hm hot x buns, belgian fingers, or home made breadand the rest of the roast chicken from the other day, and that was before tea.
    I still got 'but we don't want them we want sweets':wall:
    Did not give in though, they'll get used to itwink.gif

Jude xx

Can I come to your house for snack please?! M x
    #118 DFW Debt freely Christmas 2012 Challenge
  • savingfortravel
    Options
    Mrs Irwin-Congratulations!

Razra-CONGRATULATIONS ON CLEARING THE DEBT AND CHEERS! Just time for a quick drink....

Searching-Me-You take care of yourself... big hugs.

Dink-1-Great news about the interview. Hope it goes well!

Mandy-moo-1-£1 is £1! Its not the supermarket's money it is yours!

SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    anyone??????
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • Ess-six
    Ess-six Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Have you been at Twinks Hob Nobs at all??? or are you just dreamily thinking about them?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Great news though, and these things do happen, so good luck to all!

I know I spotted it a couple of hours after I'd posted, but thought you'd all missed it:o

Yes the Twinks (as we call them in our house) are on my mind most of the time, in fact they shout to me when they're in the cupboard - 'eat me, eat me' :rotfl:
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    ive had this with sainsbury sometimes when you save it does save everything very very annoying thats why i write things down as i put them on my order then save so when i check again i replace whats missing xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport