PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    greent wrote: »

Thanks for that mandy_moo!! Has anyone tried it with flavoured yog? I'm thinking strawberry/ peach???.......

GT

i've done it with strawberry yogurt, but by the time you add the cocoa, its still a choc cake :D so guess you could use any flavour yogurt ;)
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    ooooh I am off to make it then....I have just put some yoghurts in the bin...I know i know....will use them up now..they are out of date but I am sure it will be fine...soon find out!!!
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry about the multiple posts!! i keep reading questions, answering them, and then forgetting to post my own grocery stuff!!

well i now have the princely sum of £4.40 to last me till Monday :eek:

went to Mr A's and got tuna, cereal, tinned toms,dog food, chocadoobies (the most essential item on anyone's shopping list :p) and a few other bits and bobs. spent £17.70 by the time she took my vouchers off....then i got home to find she'd short-changed me by a pound :mad: i rang the store, and they weren't all that bothered.the girl on the phone had the nerve to say "well, it is only a pound isn't it?" but when things are tight to start with, a pound's a lot to some people. anyway, i have to ring back tomorrow when they've checked their tills. normally i'd check my change before leaving the store, but i was buying for myself and my gran, and was trying to pack things separately, so i just shoved it in the zipped pocket in my bag....ah well, moan over!!

i'll just have to hope i don't need much more before i get my money on Monday :rolleyes:
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    annelouise wrote: »
    New supermarket Eroski opening here on 21st June so 3 supermarkets in 5min walk from the front door:Lidl,Consum and soon Eroski.
    annelouise

In our Euroski today they had proper Harina Fuerte for making 'pan', together with dried yeast, they must have been taking note of all the expats requests
  • SAV3R
    SAV3R Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    LUCIFA - thanks for the muffin tip, I usually do this with a victoria sandwich, never gave it a thought. Shows how you do some things on auto pilot. Lol
    Just reading todays posts - you seem to have a good knowledge of cooking, bet its great in your house.
  • lday77
    lday77 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    I did a small shop today, just to get the basics for the weekend, I didn't want to do this on a Friday as I tend to get that Friday feeling and bung loads in the trolley, so I went to the co-op with my list and only used a basket. Stocked up on veg and tinned toms, total spend £18.68 but that included a pregnancy magazine for £2.50!!! I also went to the Library today and borrowed a pregnancy book as I can't keep buying the mags at tht price!

Leftover bubble n Squeak was delicious last night had it with sausage and beans. Tonight I'm making Mandy_Moo's Pizza base with some left over mozerella, salami, jarred olives and and onion, oh and a home made tom sauce. Hubbie is loving all this homecooking and I am loving not spending, this thread is changing my life!
    Murphy's No More Pies Member No. 28 on hold
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    i've done it with strawberry yogurt, but by the time you add the cocoa, its still a choc cake :D so guess you could use any flavour yogurt ;)

Ooh - thanks for that - a project for the weekend, methinks:D :D

GT
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SAV3R wrote: »
    LUCIFA - thanks for the muffin tip, I usually do this with a victoria sandwich, never gave it a thought. Shows how you do some things on auto pilot. Lol
    Just reading todays posts - you seem to have a good knowledge of cooking, bet its great in your house.

Thanks Sav3r.

Unfortunately knowing the answers isn't the same as putting them into practice. I've learned a lot from my Mum over the years (and she 'couldn't even tie a pinny' (her words) when she first got married). I just don't get much time between a full time job, a pile of studying, spending time with my lovely Hubbles and trying to keep fit. Since signing up forthis thread I do try and batch bake at the weekend and we cook from scratch pretty much every day so I do okay, I'm just not quite the domestic goddess I dream of being.:rolleyes: :p
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Just on to update sig- spent £25 in local butcher on fresh meat and veggies. Also £5 in the COOP. Abandoned my MSW- thinking it might be better to do this in a week or two once we are more stocked up, as looking through freezer/meal planning we really did need some more mince/stew and veg!
    Not downheartened by it and still well within budget, having spent £60 in total for 2 weeks and only 2 spending weeks in the month left (used to spend £50-60 per week!).
    Hope all well and will catch up on the posts soon.
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• cookinmummy
    cookinmummy Posts: 4,245 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quickie - scouting through the posts there are more newbies so welcome - I started this month too!

An NSE day today for me and managed to knock up a loaf with my own fair hands, plus some rocky road (calorie count horrific). Yummy times ahead tonight :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure