PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• razra
    razra Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Drum roll please.....Just checked the bank and my total owed is now 00.00:j:T:j

Just the mortgage to go now:D

Seriously though Im so happy that Ive managed to clear the last debt over 1 year early:beer:

On a plus side Ive had 4 NSD in a row due to being on a course in Bristol, I'm so glad I don't do that commute every day:eek: the last few days have been a nightmare!

Ive decided to try the veg box this week, its been a year since I last had one and this weeks sounds really nice, Ive also added on mushrooms and some grapes to my order so total £13.30 to add to my spends but it means I wont be going anywhere near town to buy food over the weekend so it is worth it:rotfl:

This is the predicted contents which should easily keep me going for a week

POTATOES
    CARROTS
    SAVOY CABBAGE
    CELERIAC
    PINEAPPLE
    HONEYDEW MELON
    COS LETTUCE
    CUCUMBER
    BANANAS
    SATSUMAS
    CONE OF RADISH
    GRANNY SMITH
    ROYAL GALA
    VINE TOMATOES
    CRESS

and hopefully it should be here tomorrow when I get in from work (hoping nobody nicks it from my doorstep if its early:o)

Getting a wee bit excited here, I have 1 courgette that is definitely ready for picking and Ive just picked 2 strawberries (well they are tiny alpine strawbs but they tasted good:rotfl:) still no sign of any toms yet:rolleyes: got leaves but no flowers, everything else seems to be growing but none of it is ready yet! Im so impatient LOL
    Hugs to those that need them :beer:to all the peeps with fab news and welcome to the new peeps
    June Grocery Challenge 270.80/250July Grocery Challenge 0/300
  • FelineFantastic
    Options
    To round off my day I have just broken a tooth- does anyone know where I can get a temporary repair kit thingy from?? :mad: Can't afford the dentist at the moment I am afraid.... *glum*

Sorry- Well Done Razra *applauds and blows party whistles whilst opening champers_party_ _party_
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tired out from work today and one pretty nasty session with a student so went to Morrisons and bought 2 x ready meal chicken curries, some tomatoes, some yum looking strawberries, brie, some reduced nice French bread and a bottle of red wine. Have nearly finished my 2nd glass and will stop there otherwise I'll feel grim tomorrow!
    All this has meant another £9.84 but I don't usually count wine or beer on my grocery budget so I'm only adding £6.55 tongue.gif
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Mrs_Money_Penny Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone Well didn't go out in the end yesterday for a meal so another no spend day. That's 5 in a row. However tomorrow Mr A is delivering my groceries. Can't wait how sad is that?
    Congratulations RAZRA on finishing your loan. I should have a glass of wine to celebrate!
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    I have made MrB's choccy yoghurt cake as mentioned earlier..might not last a day never mind 2 for maturing.;)
    Also have made Twinks Hobnobs..added some coconut,walnuts and apricots..i always vary what I put in them:D
    AND I have made stew with the rump steak I bought today..so thats dinner and a steak pie sorted:j
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • hamish222
    hamish222 Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    AND I have made stew with the rump steak I bought today..so thats dinner and a steak pie sorted:j[/quote]

Can you tell me how you make it. I have attempted stew about 10 times and always ends up in bin. It always tastes awful and hubby loves stew and steak pie.
    Yearly Grocery Budget - £100.77/ £3500. January Treats Budget - £11.80 / £100.
  • miecherox
    miecherox Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Doing well so far - Only £3 spent since last weekly shop - that was for milk as my eldest is a guzzler!
    Making serious use of my stocked up cupboards as really need to stick to £100 budget this month. Lunch and tea was on ds2 as it was his 1st birthday party today and that thankfully is a seperate budget (ever since we got caught out last christmas we've been saving every month for christmas and birthdays so the £20 odd pounds it cost for food etc came out of that.)

Going to update my sug and also my excel thingy that keeps me on the straight and narrow...!!!

m x
    #118 DFW Debt freely Christmas 2012 Challenge
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    hamish222 wrote: »
    AND I have made stew with the rump steak I bought today..so thats dinner and a steak pie sorted:j

Can you tell me how you make it. I have attempted stew about 10 times and always ends up in bin. It always tastes awful and hubby loves stew and steak pie.[/quote]
    basically I chopped it up,browned it in the pan,seasoned it ( dash of worcester sauce;) )added some water and cooked it until tender.Will add gravy when I reheat it
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • galadriel
    galadriel Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    jocarmom wrote: »
    Hi

I am new to this, and have recently started home baking again thanks to you guys. :T Would love to give this a go. I have a question, how do you get your freezers and store cupboards bursting? Is it a case of bulk buying at the start or just constantly adding as you go along.

Thanks

I think I have a siege mentality - if my shelves get empty I start panicking. My Nan lived through rationing and I remember she always had cupboards full of tea, sugar, toilet rolls and tinned stuff. Also once we were a family of five - now only two but I still shop for five so it soon mounts up. I am trying to be a bit more aware of what I buy as I was throwing quite a lot of veg and dairy stuff away.
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    feline fantastic - have you tried the local a and e dept? they sometimes deal with some dental cases.
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport