PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi dink

is this the recipe you mean?
    The iced finger recipe is bun dough

Made in bm on dough only

Ingredients are the same as DD's apple braid recipe
    its on post 42

Shape into fingers and top with glace icing (icing sugar and water) i sometimes put sultanas in the dough too

i find that if you put the icing on quite thickly, you can freeze them, then just zap in the mwave for about 40-50 secs on defrost.....mmmm!!

have fun! x
  • FelineFantastic
    Options
    Morning! Feeling less glum this morning! :D :T

Dink- tooth is not hurting so thats good news and thanks for asking- am going to go to Boots today for temp kit- couldn't get to A&E yesterday and today being Friday thought it may be a bit :eek: Hopefully will be able to survive then for a few weeks til the money starts to balance out a bit. As a temp if I don't work no pay and I had one week a couple of weeks ago with no money coming in which has caused havc with my budgetting- all the best laid plans and all that :rolleyes:

Angel- thanks for the Boots tip- will be off there at lunchtime

Mandy Moo- if I don't have a BM do I have to need the dough for the iced fingers and if so for how long?? Sorry- haven't made bread before but these are my faves so thought I would start with them! :cool:

Phew!! Thanks goodness its Friday at last (and that the slug pellets stopped the slugs rampaging last night!!) :j
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,
    Just to wish you all a good day with whatever you are up to. Am off into town for a class with DS and may pop by LIDL/Coop on the way but not sure yet as we don't really need much, except Cravendale (yes we buy Cravendale- it just works out better for us as it has a longer life and tastes nicer than UHT. I am not really into freezing milk- milk snob lol).
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update....thought I was only getting a few 'bits' yesterday, & it was less than four full carrier bags[the shop for life variety of course!] but still it came to more than thirty pounds for food! The other tenner was another pair of secateurs & a garden saw so there really will be no excuse for not helping me in the garden now:p And four quid in the pet shop for taities, toms, onion, eggs & doggie treats.

Must just tell you....on my way out I put some MOC in the recycling cuz we don't have a paper every day, then driving along to MrT I began to think about the MrM ones theat MrT takes. So at a manned check-out, so I'd get the points for re-using the bags, I casually mentioned finding some of the said newspaper coupons in my purse. She took three that had been missed in the previous cull &:dance: Hence the sight of the offspring with the longest arms; head down & toes up in the wheelie bin to rescue the others last night:rotfl: S'ok---my neighbours are used to my weirdiness by now:D

Have a good day y'awl:wave:

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    I'm expecting another NSD today dd9 still unwell with a nasty bug,so busy with sterilizing and strict hand washing as we speak.

Happily listed ebay items last night.The ebay pile is still like a mountain but I am determined to get through it.£94 in paypal account as we speak...Yippee!!

Easy
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Well today is my 1st NSD of what i intend to be 7 in a row :p im pretty sure i shouldn't need anything before next friday :T ....
    hubby is allready suggesting that he would be quite happy with cheese salad baguettes for lunch at work every day -I Knew it was fatal to let him see me buy 14 blocks of cheddar :rotfl: .... there is no way im packing him up with the same thing every day :o
    Im still have loads of salad leaves to go at outside ...and now some of my tomato flowers have dropped off and i have itty bitty tomatoes there :j .. this weekend im hoping to fetch in some watercress, chard, pak choi in to stirfry with the thai curry :D ... and hopefully next weekend im going to have a few of each bean and pea ready to pick (that is of course if the gardening fairy doesn't eat the peas next time she is out there:p )....ooooohh how easily excited am i:rotfl:

right i had better get off..have a great day everyone...off to rummage through the cook books/mags again :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    I'm expecting another NSD today as dd9 still unwell with a nasty bug,so busy with sterilizing and strict hand washing as we speak.

Happily listed ebay items last night.The ebay pile is still like a mountain but I am determined to get through it.£94 in paypal account as we speak...Yippee!!

I'm having the pastryless quiche which I made and froze - put in bacon,onion and cheese.Lovely.Will try with broccoli and stilton next time.

Easy tea tonight - jackets with cheese / beans / tuna.

Watered plants,courgettes looking good,lettuces looking a little sad??? Will keep and eye on them.

Iced fairy cakes and they are safely hidden in my new cake boxes courtesy of Carrefour.

Off to iron another 10 ebay items....I HATE IRONING!!!!:mad:

Have a good one.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all

Not posted for a bit but am keeping up with reading the thread! Decided to a tek a trip out last Sunday to the Farmer's market - terrible weather & approx 6 stalls - poor people. Not much to buy but did get some sausages - taste wonderful but 50p EACH - I regretted the £6 later - no waste, no fat or shrinkage when I cooked them either! Visited the charity shop & did find a good bargain there - large plastic sweetie jars for 50p each - will make great containers for all the open packets that fall on the floor when I open the cupboards...maybe worth seeing if you can get some, perhaps the sweetshops give them away??

On the way home called in at Mr T - got there just in time for loads of whoopsies, great timing for a change! Only problem was that the cashier looked at my MOCs & said he could 'only take ONE' I really hope this isn't true for all Mr T's!!! Need to go update sig, I didn't think I'd spent much this month but it is over £100 already. On the plus side we have had some tasty meals by avoiding going to the supermarkets. On the minus side - I have some milk that has soured - what can I do with it? Scones? I hate to chuck it if I can use it for something...

Mrs Mc - I asked this q before but perhaps no-one saw it 'found my seed potatoes in a corner with loooong shots on them........can I still plant them like this????' I know its very late but I don't want to waste them, TIA if you can help.

Had a couple of NSDs this week, will not today as have to take DD17 out (recipe for disaster) thank goodness she's back at school next week!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • skintscotslass
    skintscotslass Posts: 2,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Tesco on line delivery last night £29.59 and there was loads!!! I stocked up on tins and other heavy stuff and treated BF to juice (well, what we in Scotland call juice, its pop South of the Border ;) ) and DD to Ben & Jerrys as it was on special.

I need to track down some wholemeal flour. Tesco didnt have any except Alinsons at £1.15 a kg and I wasnt paying that. Lidl didnt have any except bread flour. So I'll take a trip down to Somerfield and look out for the condensed milk on special.

Orkneystar - the tablet has turned out fine :D Its darker than I exected it to be, but my mum said that would happen because of the double boiling. Tastes great, I had a bit for breakfast ;) I know, I'm gross :)

Hugs for all the poorlies xx
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sashanut

I would still plant them - i have a few more to plant -just need another tub :o but im about to move some stawberries into hanging bags so will "lierate" 2 there ;)
    I have 1 lot of spuddly duddlies about to flower :j

Don't know if you have done potatoes before? but if not -if you are doing them in a tub/bin..plant them under 2-3" of compost...wait until the shoots are about 5" tall..tip on more compost until just a couple of inches are showing then let them grow to about 5" again then do the sam again you do this 3 times in total and they reckon you should get a much bigger crop ...fingers crossed:D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport