PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

Today is a bit off a overcast today but i do hope the sun comes out soon :)

I have spent over £10 off my GC budget on absolute cr*p, Im quite upset by that as all I have spent is money on dinner's and food out something i hardly ever do!!

Im off to MrM today to get my Fruit and Veg as I now have my tokens but should not be that much as my mum has ordered for Fruit and Veg to come on the Tesco Delivery on Sunday :cool:

Off to cook shepards pie and hopefully Spag bol sauce for the freezer in a minute if i can stretch the mince that far :rotfl:

Got to tidy up and sort kiddies out ready for 1pm when it will be time for Nursery for DS3.

Also need to find a cheap 6 year old present online for my Nephews Birthday at some point today - He is in to Ben Ten - whoever that is :rotfl:

I will update my spends later, I have also decided to quit smoking once again :rotfl: Must be one good thing about having very little money - cant buy Cig's :rotfl:

Have a good day everyone and hope everyone is well and has a good day.. Hugs to anyone who needs them

Mumzy

PS: Forgot to say that Netto have a big tin of Quality Streets for £4.99 on offer this week - I know this as my Mum had me looking round for them and I happened to re read the Netto weekly specials leaflet - She is craving them bless her :) Must not have them in Cyprus im guessing :)
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    morning all,

should only be spending a couple of quid today, forgot my lunch ;)

have to make some more bread later and probably some twinks too
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just updating my sig, did manage to get quite a few whoopsies :j .

Also, i got some whoopsied minced turkey (90p for 450g), but i have never used it before, so do you all just use it in the same recipes as you would minced beef? :confused:

Jackie x
  • Cornishpixie_2
    Options
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone

Today is a bit off a overcast today but i do hope the sun comes out soon :)

I have spent over £10 off my GC budget on absolute cr*p, Im quite upset by that as all I have spent is money on dinner's and food out something i hardly ever do!!

Im off to MrM today to get my Fruit and Veg as I now have my tokens but should not be that much as my mum has ordered for Fruit and Veg to come on the Tesco Delivery on Sunday :cool:

Off to cook shepards pie and hopefully Spag bol sauce for the freezer in a minute if i can stretch the mince that far :rotfl:

Got to tidy up and sort kiddies out ready for 1pm when it will be time for Nursery for DS3.

Also need to find a cheap 6 year old present online for my Nephews Birthday at some point today - He is in to Ben Ten - whoever that is :rotfl:

I will update my spends later, I have also decided to quit smoking once again :rotfl: Must be one good thing about having very little money - cant buy Cig's :rotfl:

Have a good day everyone and hope everyone is well and has a good day.. Hugs to anyone who needs them

Mumzy

PS: Forgot to say that Netto have a big tin of Quality Streets for £4.99 on offer this week - I know this as my Mum had me looking round for them and I happened to re read the Netto weekly specials leaflet - She is craving them bless her :) Must not have them in Cyprus im guessing :)
    Hi, I was in Argos yesterday and seen Ben 10 in a display basket at front of the shop. They were around £3.49. God luck finding something.:D
    Grocery challenge june £300/ £211-50.
    Grocery challenge july £300/£134-85.
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Cornishpixie Thankyou very much i will go and look on the Argos website i didnt think to look in Argos :)

Ps: Found some action figues x 10 for £3.99 10 cm high or 15cm high for £7.49 :) Thankyou very much
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jackk wrote: »
    Just updating my sig, did manage to get quite a few whoopsies :j .

Also, i got some whoopsied minced turkey (90p for 450g), but i have never used it before, so do you all just use it in the same recipes as you would minced beef? :confused:

Jackie x

Pretty much the same as any other mince. Its much leaner though so may need a touch more oil/liquid to cook.

One of Hubbles fitness mags gave us this lovely recipe for turkey chilli:
    grate 2 carrots, an onion and 2 sticks celery and saut! until soft. Add chilli powder to taste (recipe says 3tsp but I find that too hot so use just 2) add mince and once browned add a tbsp tom puree, tin of kidney beans (with liquid) and tin chopped tomatoes. Cook on a low heat until suce thickens. Tastes goog on day one, even better on day 2 and freezes really well.

HTH
    Lucifa73
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• vickster0304
    vickster0304 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I had a NSD yesterday. Stupidly set my alarm for 5.40am this morning instead of 6.40am and did not realise until I had showered so took the opportunity to make cookie dough to bake later. At work now and suprisingly feel great. Also went to Tesco earlier and spent £16.00, got a bott of wine and (half price) pizza for me tonight plus some £1.00 ham, cheese etc
    June GC No budget. Spent £166.83
    Mortgage £128,615 (June 2008)
    Over paying mortgage from Aug 08 by £124 per month.

I just want to save money
  • jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Lucifa73 wrote: »
    Pretty much the same as any other mince. Its much leaner though so may need a touch more oil/liquid to cook.

One of Hubbles fitness mags gave us this lovely recipe for turkey chilli:
    grate 2 carrots, an onion and 2 sticks celery and saut! until soft. Add chilli powder to taste (recipe says 3tsp but I find that too hot so use just 2) add mince and once browned add a tbsp tom puree, tin of kidney beans (with liquid) and tin chopped tomatoes. Cook on a low heat until suce thickens. Tastes goog on day one, even better on day 2 and freezes really well.

HTH
    Lucifa73

Thankyou, i'll give that recipe a go :T .

Jackie x
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    Gave myself a bit of a clothes budget this summer. Yesterday went to brighton to do the oath for mum's probate, looked in a few charity shops but SOO expensive.

Opposite TKMaxx there is a charity shop which has nice stuff, but has always been expensive. I went in and as they haven't put their prices up any more they are now reasonable.

I got:
    M&S gored denim skirt - very good condition.
    Black knitted top - still had the plastic clip in the label - very good condition
    White cotton cardigan with black stripe around the front border so very nautical and trendy. Needed a little bit of repair, but looks good.
    Suede belt, lovely buckle, nice and long (:o )

Total cost £15.50

I put it on as a set and DH thought it was a new outfit and showed suitable amazement at the price (bless!)
  • Sosh
    Sosh Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    2 nsd's in a row. Took kiddies to the park yesterday for a picnic and we are off to the caravan for the weekend. I have made a spare loaf to take with me, so I shouldn't have to buy anything until Monday.

Made ratatouille, which didn't look all that, but tasted nice. Last night I tried tomato & Marscarpone sauce which went down really well. I made enough for another 2 meals.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure