Great Free Software Hunt

Options

Comments

• -TangleFoot-
    -TangleFoot- Posts: 4,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's an odd one:
    Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Redirecting the mouse and keyboard is as simple as moving the mouse off the edge of your screen. Synergy also merges the clipboards of all the systems into one, allowing cut-and-paste between systems. Furthermore, it synchronizes screen savers so they all start and stop together and, if screen locking is enabled, only one screen requires a password to unlock them all.
  • mssjab
    mssjab Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Help please.

Does anyone know where I can get some FREE software (not trial versions) that will allow me to put a slide show of my digital photos onto a cd so that I can view them on a tv via a dvd player?

I've used Google to search the 'net' but all the software offered has to be paid for.
  • tryingtosave_3
    Options
    I used Nero, which isn't free, but comes bundled free with lots of cd burning drives etc.

But you might not need to do anything, apart from putting the pictures in a folder on a CD - many DVD players can simply create a slideshow just from that automatically.
  • tryingtosave_3
    Options
    sorry, I was just exploring the XP powertools posted above by 2ax, and they include a free slide show CD creator ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
  • sproo
    sproo Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    hi all,

does anyone know if there is a safe free software to add stationery to emails eg backgrounds, animations etc
    Thanks, Sproo
  • jamesebaker
    Options
    By far the best piece of free software is winamp: https://www.winamp.com

The reason is so good is for all the free plug-ins that are constantly being developed. My favourites are:

Leo's Lyrics - automatically downloads the lyrics to the track you're listening to so you can happily sing along!
    Milkdrop - visualisation plug-in, displays various images, patterns etc in time with the music being played

There are loads more, just have a browse on the winamp website...
  • jamesebaker
    Options
    Victor - I've got a version of roboform that allows 30 passcards which is generally enough for most of your passwords, let me know if you want it
  • jamesebaker
    Options
    Somebody mentioned that they were looking for a way to find tracks easier, another plug-in for winamp that I've recently found is called Quicksearch. All you do is press ctrl + space and it brings up a search window, strat typing the track artist or track name and then click on it when you see the one you're looking for and hey presto, you find your track incredibly quickly!
  • Victor_Delta
    Options
    Jamesebaker - Thanks, but I have already been pointed at the last true freeware version of RoboForm at www.321download.com/LastFreeware/ .

Version 4.6.8 - probably the same as yours? Highly recommended.
  • -TangleFoot-
    -TangleFoot- Posts: 4,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just started using ewido the other day, and whilst looking for a review of it stumbled across these:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure