New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Great Free Software Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
143 replies 60.1K views
MSE_MartinMSE_Martin Money Saving ExpertMoneySaving Expert
8.3K posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
What's it all about?

The virtual free equivalent of Microsoft Office and other graphics programs can be had for free. It's what's called open source software. This is because often the developing community, much like MoneySavers, like to hunt as a pack and work on constantly improving software rather than being locked into the rigid constrains of commercial software.

So I'm starting a Great Hunt for the best and I'm putting my own suggestion, Open Office to start with.

Other site users' recommendations:

Opera
Firefox
Picasa
Nvu
paint.net
Serif

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Replies