Tesco misprices thread - please only post misprices here

Options
This thread is only for posting any misprices you find at Tescos.

Please don't use this thread for discussion of the policy or any other discussions as this will detract from the actual misprices which will get lost amongst the chatter; there is a dedicated thread here for any discussion. Any discussion posts will have to be deleted as the vBulletin tools don't allow moving of posts between threads, so it's best not to post in the wrong place ;)

For new readers:

For clarification SEL stands for Shelf Edge Label

the Tesco policy on signs instore is :-

"And if things don't add up ~ In the unlikely event you are charged a higher price than on the shelf or the product we will refund your money and you can keep the product"

Compare the price per kilo on the pack with the shelf edge label price per kilo and where there is a difference the lowest price must be charged.

Thanks to !!!!!! Dastardly for providing the following information from the DTI website which summarises consumer rights in relation to misleading price indications:

Q1. I was charged a different price for an item at the till to the one that was shown on the shelf, what are my rights?

The Consumer Protection Act 1987 makes it an offence for a trader to give a consumer misleading price indications. In the first instance speak to the trader about the differing prices, if you are not satisfied with the response, contact your local authority trading standards department who enforce the Act and who could bring a prosecution against the trader.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/f...eading.htm#faqs

Comments

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Posted last night on old thread, but in case you missed it...

Tesco travel insurance is currently marked on shelf at 20% less than till price.

I got some annual worldwide travel insurance free yesterday.

You may still be lucky and be able to grab some for yourself too.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • boifwatkins
    Options
    Posted yesterday as well, but just incase you missed it, Jem cd maked 7.97, charged 8.97. Free cd always good
  • mustgetoutmore
    Options
    Today in Tesco Express, Chiswick High Road, London Thin beef steak was priced at £2.82 per Lb (I think or there abouts) on the shelf and £2.96 per pound on the pack and went through checkout at the higher price. I also spotted the lean mince beef was £2.00 on the shelf and £2.01 on the pack but didn't have the nerve to try that one... :o
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Whole leg of lamb. Meat price per kg is higher than shelf price
  • cousinjack_2
    Options
    Pilgrims choice mature cheese packet price £6.79/kg shelf price £6.49/kg (at deli counter not on the pre-packed shelf)
    Free cheese, thanks Mr T! :j
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 574 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Posted yesterday as well, but just incase you missed it, Jem cd maked 7.97, charged 8.97. Free cd always good

Jem CD now scanning at £7.97.
    MFW 2015 #41 = £20,515/£20,515
    MFW 2014 #41 = £26,100/£25,000
    MFW 2013 #41 = £10,000/£10,000
    Original MF date = May 2036 - MF achieved on 15 June 2015
  • Sue1973
    Options
    Tesco's finest prepacked cheeses - £9.99/ kilo on pack & £9.95/ kilo on shelf

Tesco's finest prepacked emmenthal - £8.99/kilo on pack - £8.65/ kilo on shelf

Total refund from Tesco's Stockport - £16.52 :D
    2007 Comping challenge wins so far: April: 1 pair James tickets, May: 1 pair VIP tickets to Knowsley Hall Music Festival, 1 pair Justin Timberlake tickets, lipsy necklace, June: 1 pair cornershop tickets

Total value won so far: £583!!!! :j :j :j
  • coolio_2
    coolio_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    As a warning, the large gammon which was priced at £8.48 on the label, and £7.97 on the shelf, even though it has £8.48 on the label, it may well scan at £7.97. It did at my local, so use the scanner often located in the clothing area.
  • Keeks_123
    Options
    I have just put an order through online and noticed the Tesco Finest 2 Beef Burgers Shiitake Mushrooms 340g were priced at 50p a pack. Havent had the delivery yet (ordered two packs) but I think this is definitely a misprice - hope that they dont notice....
  • cousinjack_2
    Options
    At Penzance Tesco today healthy living mild cheddar packet price £1.18 SEL £1.08.

Picked up 5 packets and given them away (can't stand mild cheese)
    Thanks Mr T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport