New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Jubby

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in How much have you saved?
5 replies 1K views
Jubby_2Jubby_2 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in How much have you saved?
Having just joined (must be a newbie) and read how to save money, I have finally got off my backside and done some research. I have changed my household/buildings insurance and saved £100 and I am now working on my car insurance and credit card balance transfer.
As I said, I have only just begun my new life trying to save money so any suggestions will be gratefully received.
:j

Replies

• :hello: Hello Jubby,

I'm a newbie too and have already saved loads by switching providers/mortgage etc. There is so much information throughout the forums I'm sure that just browsing through you'll find plenty of ideas and inspiration and make lots of savings along the way.

The only thing is I now need far more hours in the day as I'm spending too much time here!

Good luck with your saving!

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I started off changing my utilities, then worked on getting my spending to a more realistic level. I still tend to overspend at times, but i dont go window shopping any more, and i buy my groceries online because i am not tempted to spend .

I am doing very well with pay per click sites, although they are VERY time consuming and sometimes they do my head in they provide me with a little bit extra that i can invest wisely.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of good advice to be had on the Telephone Boards which will hopefully dramatically reduce your telephony bills.

Pay us a visit, you will be made very welcome icon7.gif
  • hi jubby, :hello: , have a look on the old style board to cut down on grocery bills and start collecting vouchers/coupons !! good luck and see you around.
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jubby

welcome to MSE icon7.gif

you sound like you are off to a good start and I hope you enjoy MSE as well as save lots of money
    pop down to the Arms for a drink and a chat sometime and as Edinburghlass says call in to the Phone boards, I hear they have 2 lovely board guides there icon12.gif
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support