Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

May 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 74

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

May 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.5K replies 129.6K views

Replies

• Skint_CattSkint_Catt Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Back from hols early hours of this morning so did the first shop of the month - £70.94 in Mr T's :eek: Ah well, freezer still well stocked, so not too unhappy!
  • JennyBee-I feel the same about other GCs like Weezle74 and of course Mrs McCawber who devotes so much time and is an inspiration...
    We are lucky enough to do this for a goal and not as a financial necessity..but we do know how lucky we are and OB is totally behind me too. We've never wasted money and don't spend much on treats or going out (well a glass of good wine-walking is free-we love nature/the countryside) so a far away trip is our one big indulgence every other year...

We are also trying to save to pay off our mortgage too.

Anyway good luck and I will be supporting your every step!!!

SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    superspam wrote: »
    Mandymoo1 - Glad Ruby is feeling better - I hate it when my doggies aren't well or hurt, their little faces just melt your heart, they can' tell you what's wrong poor things :A
    Oh yes, I forgot - I was thinking of making a quiche at the weekend and was wondering, if I portioned it up, could I successfully freeze the individual portions once cooked and cooled and then just take them out one at a time as needed? I have no idea if you can freeze quiche!

thanks for those kind words about Ruby....she's making the most of all the fussing and attention she's getting ;)

whenever i've made quiche, i cut it into 4, wrap it well in cling film, and freeze it. when it's defrosted, tho, it's better to eat it warmed up if you can , cos it tends to have a bit of a soggy bottom :rotfl:

1.2K posts
    whoops forgot to say, did anyone watch Martins prog on Ch 5? the woman who spends £260 per week on groceries :eek: and that's only for herself, hubby, young baby and a dog...........she's obviously not one of us :rotfl:

• I agree.. but she looked converted by the end..
    I've used the rain check vouchers successfully. Thats really worth it.

SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    1.2K posts
    yeah i have as well, but don't you sometimes think certain supermarkets are a bit tight about giving them out? tesco's always make out they don't know what they are :rolleyes:

• JennyBee_2JennyBee_2 Forumite
    390 posts
    This place is definitely an inspiration - if nothing else, it certainly makes you think twice before putting something in your trolley! One of the other things that he mentioned on IPTW was the amount of waste that people generate. Meal planning has definitely cut that down for us!

SFT - I totally agree, I have learnt so much from everyone on here. Thanks to you all :T
    Jonathan Douglas born 20th January 2009 - 9lb 4oz
    Alexander William born 30th December 2012 - 10lb 2oz
    GC June 2014 £79.04/£150
  • Yes thanks everyone!!

I agree about Tesco, but after Martin's programme, the number of people asking for rain checks will multiply so they won't beable to plead ignorance for much longer..:T

SFT
  • JennyBee_2JennyBee_2 Forumite
    390 posts
    oh dear - I have just eaten a hob nob....oh my goodness! How have I lived without these for so long! I have to say they are better than actual hob nobs! Just worked out the WW points in them and there's 63 in the whole recipe so if I manage to get 36 biscuits out then it'll be 1.5 points each (in case anyone wants to know!) :)
    Jonathan Douglas born 20th January 2009 - 9lb 4oz
    Alexander William born 30th December 2012 - 10lb 2oz
    GC June 2014 £79.04/£150
  • jackk_2jackk_2 Forumite
    288 posts
    It's a NSD today:j . sig is updated, because i went to Asda last night on the way home from my Science class, picked up more bread flour, milk, bananas and desicated coconut.

Ive had my car in the garage today to get a service and MOT, hopefully it will be finished tomorrow, my bill is gonna be £600:eek: , i'd managed to save £300 thinking that would be ok.........made a frantic call to Mum and got a £300 loan....I love my Mum:A .

Jackie x