Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

edited 12 September 2013 at 10:55PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1.1K replies 735.5K views

Replies

• Rob, hey have a word with my husband will you, lol, so refreshing to see a man wanting to buy his wife something nice that is not a tried and tested favourite of hers, as in not going for the easy option! These are not cheap smell alikes but are some favourites of mine that I have had compliments from complete strangers on..... Clinique Happy, which is my all time number one fav, Tresor Midnight Rose and La Vie Est Belle (the old version not the new updated one) both by Lancome. I was in my local supermarket last week and I'm no oil painting, but as I walked past , a couple stared after me (I thought maybe loo roll stuck to my shoe.....lol), and as I looked back they both asked at the same time which perfume I was wearing, and it was La Vie Est Belle. There are also some great perfumes by Avon if you want something abit cheaper. Cherish and Outspoken Party are ones Id happily wear as an everyday perfume. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream or Daisy Dream Forever are also great. Hope I've given you some ideas to get you started. For the Avon ones if you don't have a local rep, try emailing them asking for samples and/or advice. There is also a website called Frangrantica (think I have that right?) where if you look up perfumes you know your wife likes it will also list other ones that in theory she might also like.
  • RobieRobie Forumite
    150 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Tinkerlou wrote: »
    Rob, hey have a word with my husband will you, lol, so refreshing to see a man wanting to buy his wife something nice that is not a tried and tested favourite of hers, as in not going for the easy option! These are not cheap smell alikes but are some favourites of mine that I have had compliments from complete strangers on..... Clinique Happy, which is my all time number one fav, Tresor Midnight Rose and La Vie Est Belle (the old version not the new updated one) both by Lancome. I was in my local supermarket last week and I'm no oil painting, but as I walked past , a couple stared after me (I thought maybe loo roll stuck to my shoe.....lol), and as I looked back they both asked at the same time which perfume I was wearing, and it was La Vie Est Belle. There are also some great perfumes by Avon if you want something abit cheaper. Cherish and Outspoken Party are ones Id happily wear as an everyday perfume. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream or Daisy Dream Forever are also great. Hope I've given you some ideas to get you started. For the Avon ones if you don't have a local rep, try emailing them asking for samples and/or advice. There is also a website called Frangrantica (think I have that right?) where if you look up perfumes you know your wife likes it will also list other ones that in theory she might also like.

Thank you. Something for me try out before buying something for her.

Thanks once again.
  • Uniscots97Uniscots97 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went to buy my favourite perfume today only find its discontinued, it Kate by Kate Moss (made by Coty in a pink box, black writing), can anyone recommend a smell a like please? So disappointed its discontinued
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • catswiththumbscatswiththumbs Forumite
    349 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Uniscots97 wrote: »
    Went to buy my favourite perfume today only find its discontinued, it Kate by Kate Moss (made by Coty in a pink box, black writing), can anyone recommend a smell a like please? So disappointed its discontinued

Have you tried looking for it on ebay - I always check there for discontinued stuff because sellers may have bought up clearance stock from shops/auctions. HTH
  • Uniscots97Uniscots97 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catswiththumbs unfortunately a lot of people are trying to cash in and trying to charge extortionate prices for them on ebay
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • julie777julie777 Forumite
    330 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I have been searching the thread but can't find which stores sell the Milton Lloyd range. Can anyone help please?
  • julie777 wrote: »
    I have been searching the thread but can't find which stores sell the Milton Lloyd range. Can anyone help please?

Fragrance Direct.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/m1/milton-lloyd/icat/miltonlloyd
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • wapowwapow Forumite
    939 Posts
    Gallopp wrote: »
    2. Hypnose- Lancôme

Memories........ :)
  • I had the same issue, loved sempre. A incredibly similar perfume is Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings. This is also now discontinued, but easy to find online. The fragrance lasts ages and is beautiful
  • Yes this Dolce Vita is a waste of money, i think you can use Paco Rabanne perfume, It smells good and not very expensive