Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Options

Comments

• nigela
    Options
    I purchased this at Xmas and cannot believe how nice it is. Where can i buy some more tho? Also does anyone know what it is a copy of?
    Thanks Nigela
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nigela wrote: »
    I purchased this at Xmas and cannot believe how nice it is. Where can i buy some more tho? Also does anyone know what it is a copy of?
    Thanks Nigela

I believe its similar to Kenzo Flowers. As with most Aldo offers, its only available from Aldi during the period of the offer, or maybe occasionally for a little while afterwards
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • cheepie_2
    Options
    Dior addict,rose d'arabie, d &g (old version) ysl yvress champagne , all smell like the originals v pleased especially with the dg as this version is discontinues also have dg the one rose, bond 9 ny amber (gorgeous though dont know if its like the original) bond 9 i love ny, opium , samsara, kenzo le tigre and loads ive found a lot of new must have faves as at that price you can test buy some :D
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Options
    I only discovered this thread on Friday and immediately had to place an order as i've been coveting V&R Flowerbomb for a while now.

I ordered from the PP ebay shop Base.notez 5x3ml oils for £8 + £2 postage

The Flowerbomb copy is excellent and i'm so, so pleased.
    Others were copies of Jo Malone Orange blossom - gorgeous.
    Armani Code - gorgeous, Lady Millions - lovely and Lola, unfortunately the wrong choice by me, as I prefer sweet floral and fruity to musky fragrances.

I'm already drawing up a new list.

What an absolutely brilliant find, and I get to test new perfumes at a fraction of the price. Thank you all so much.
  • queendiorable
    Options
    I made my first purchase on wednesday night with
    https://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk
    Must say I'm kinda impressed :j super fast shipping :j
    I ordered Thierry Muglar Alien (this is my favourite perfume of all times) and the copy is fantastic I have the original on my left wrist and the dupe on my right..... I cannot tell the difference.
    I also purchased Chanel Mademoiselle .... this isn't very good, I'm going to look for a better dupe as I only have about 10ml left of it in my bottle :eek:
    I also purchased Chanel Chance dupe ...... this is ok'ish but I'm not convinced and I'm sure nobody else would be :o after it settled (about 3 hours on a piece of tissue) it kinda resembled it a little bit but I'm sure theres better out there I'm going to purchase Milton Lloyd "Poker" and try that out ......
    But the Alien is fantastic for the price of these oils it is definately worth having a try of your favourites, I'm going to order the spray in the 25ml bottle of Alien its that good I will let you know how I get on with Milton Lloyd :p
    Don't look down on somebody unless you are helping them up.
    B]SPC No 336[/B].......... target £200 god loves a tryer :j

£2014 in 2014/£128.64..... ebay will get me there with all my clutter :o
  • queendiorable
    Options
    Also forgot to mention I purchased the Lidl suddenly and OMG how amazing is that for £3.99 its the closest thing I have smelt to Chanel Mademoiselle EVER ..... I can spray to my hearts content .....
    I have to re-apply every few hours but its fab for the money, I even Popped a bottle in my car to use as air freshener Hahahhahahhahha
    I love it :)
    Don't look down on somebody unless you are helping them up.
    B]SPC No 336[/B].......... target £200 god loves a tryer :j

£2014 in 2014/£128.64..... ebay will get me there with all my clutter :o
  • Mewmew
    Options
    After reading the rave reviews Of PP, I ordered Goochi Premier in roll on bottle but sadly not great! The underlying scent is faintly similar to Gucci Premiere, but seems wrapped up in this really soapy cheap smell, that ruins the very little hint of the perfume it's tying to copy. Shame cos was really excited bout these. Gonna try another & will report back ....
  • RachRubyD
    RachRubyD Posts: 418 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know a smell alike of Prada Candy. I just love it but can't afford £50+ for it.

The pp do a smell alike but its not very good at all. It doesn't smell anything like prada candy.
  • Faith's_mum
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, I can now vouch for the Armani Diamonds-alike, smells exactly the same and lasts ages, unfortunately, my other favourite, Kenzo Flower is out of stock, so can't tell you if that matches up as well, but I'll keep popping back to see if I can get it!
    So, thank you, you've saved me a small fortune! :T
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a perfume which smells like Marc Jacobs Daisy?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback