Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

edited 12 September 2013 at 10:55PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1.1K replies 735.6K views

Replies

• Another message for Sofababe, or anyone else who might know.

I would like to find out what Linn Young's Night Jive is a smell-alike of.

The info I have is as follows:

Top notes: peach, aldehydes
    Heart: violet, jasmine, white flowers
    Bottom note: moss, sandalwood

Thanks

• Lulee36Lulee36 Forumite
    197 Posts
    Lidl has perfume on offer £1.99 instead of £3.99.
    Offer starts 8th May
  • sofababesofababe Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Another message for Sofababe, or anyone else who might know.

I would like to find out what Linn Young's Night Jive is a smell-alike of.

The info I have is as follows:

Top notes: peach, aldehydes
    Heart: violet, jasmine, white flowers
    Bottom note: moss, sandalwood

Thanks

It's a copy of Boss Nuit pour Femme. :)
  • Thanks, Sofababe. Thought you'd know. Wonder if it is any good?
  • Hi was wondering if anyone could help, looking for an alternative to Chloe EDP (2008) . It really is just a simple clean, soft scent but can't find anything that smells similar anywhere! I tried perfume parlour but it's always out of stock
  • I sampled the Michael Kors 'Amber' and 'Sport' recently and I really love both of them but definitely cannot justify the price at the moment!!!

Any idea's please?

T I A x
  • Years ago one of my favourite perfumes was 'Sempre' from NEXT, anyone else remember it? Despite lots of googling I cannot find anything similar!

Any help would be really appreciated x
  • Callie22Callie22 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought some of M&S' Azure Breeze recently and to me it smells very, very similar to Vera Wang's Lovestruck.

One discontinued perfume that I used to love was Laura Ashley's Emma - does anyone know of anything that smells similar?
  • likelyfranlikelyfran Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Callie22 wrote: »
    I bought some of M&S' Azure Breeze recently and to me it smells very, very similar to Vera Wang's Lovestruck.

One discontinued perfume that I used to love was Laura Ashley's Emma - does anyone know of anything that smells similar?

Hi Callie22 - oh I loved Emma too!!

Sigh. Another lovely one that bit the dust.

They did 'relaunch' it a while back but I remember looking into it and it's NOT the original Emma - boooo! I wouldn't even chance it.

http://blog.lauraashley.com/in-the-wardrobe/emma-the-iconic-perfume-back-with-a-twist/

Emma is unique and of a time - the only vaguely similar scent that I can think of, in its soft fuzziness, is another of my old faves - Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs.
    There are some big 'new' bottles of that on ebay but I've never risked buying one in case it's just not the same. Would be interested to hear if anyone does what they think and if it is the original one.
    *Look for advice, not 'advise'*
    *Could/should/would HAVE please!*

:starmod:
    “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti. :starmod:
    :dance:
  • Callie22Callie22 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks likelyfran ... I might risk the Nina Ricci one day but I'd be so disappointed if it's not like Emma - I can still remember the smell and it was so lovely. It was such a shame when they stopped making it but I suppose it might smell a bit 'dated' nowadays. Not that I'd care!

Off topic, but the other day I used some Soft and Gentle Verbena and Waterlily deodorant (the blue one) and after an hour or so I could have sworn I was wearing L'eau D'Issey. That's a very cheap smellalike lol!