PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    pinknico wrote: »
    This is what happens with the single premium policys, you've already paid the insurance cancelling only gives you a tiny rebate in my case £19000 insurance cancelled with £2400 rebate only saves me £20 a month! Remember you will also still be paying the interest on this for the length of the loan.

I think thats right but as Di says someone in the know should be able to help.

I haven't cancelled mine yet because if I don't win my mis selling at least I can get get 50% back over the next 3 years which is more than my rebate!
    I thought about the rebate only after the policy was cancelled,not sure we have done the right thing here.
    I have also noted on the policy ACCIDENTAL DEATH is only covered between the ages of 65-70 yrs. Yet the policy was taken out at the age of 27, therefore no hope of claiming for ACCIDENTAL DEATH is there This is another part of the small print that isn't explained
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    busbyh wrote: »
    I thought about the rebate only after the policy was cancelled,not sure we have done the right thing here.
    I have also noted on the policy ACCIDENTAL DEATH is only covered between the ages of 65-70 yrs. Yet the policy was taken out at the age of 27, therefore no hope of claiming for ACCIDENTAL DEATH is there This is another part of the small print that isn't explained
    You have gone for misselling on this haven't you???

These will all help in your claim.
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options

Yes, I pointed out to the FSCS in my needs and demands it said hospilisation,
    but this only covers 65 to 70 year olds! i am 38. Hope this is mis selling alone
    although I had other points!
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • busbyh
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    You have gone for misselling on this haven't you???

These will all help in your claim.
    Hi M
    Yes we have gone for mis-sellin. I am scrutinising every part of the Original and the copy to help the claim. There are so many variations in the two, I am hoping this in itself constitutes a mis-sell.
    This claim is for my daughter and son-in law, but I have become so passionate about it, I now refer to it as 'mine' I am doing all the corresondence for them. they are just signing the letters, as their heads are all over the place. Also at the time she signed for the loan, she was being treated for post-natal depression (second time in 5 yrs) None of us were made fully aware of this until months into her treatment. I'm sure this must go towards manking a case. What do you think?
    Bus
    x
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • busbyh
    Options
    Just finished mine here (LOL).

Yeah, it is quiet.
    I'm just debating with myself wether to start it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi M
    Yes we have gone for mis-sellin. I am scrutinising every part of the Original and the copy to help the claim. There are so many variations in the two, I am hoping this in itself constitutes a mis-sell.
    This claim is for my daughter and son-in law, but I have become so passionate about it, I now refer to it as 'mine' I am doing all the corresondence for them. they are just signing the letters, as their heads are all over the place. Also at the time she signed for the loan, she was being treated for post-natal depression (second time in 5 yrs) None of us were made fully aware of this until months into her treatment. I'm sure this must go towards manking a case. What do you think?
    Bus
    x

Definately grounds of mis selling here, and this product was obviously not explained !
    Your a very good mum and doing a very good job of sorting this out for your daughter, well done hunni and keep at it until this case is resolved with that money back in her pocket.;)

I will read back on the other posts now.;)

Di.
    x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    Options
    Hi M
    Bus
    x
    It will all help in your claim and can i ask was the PPI to cover both of them as most only cover one and yet both would be responsible for the loan and PPI if they run into problems. Ours was single for accident sickness etc and joint life from what i could tell and yet the "loan" for the PPI was joint.
  • di3004
    Options
    pinknico wrote: »
    Yes, I pointed out to the FSCS in my needs and demands it said hospilisation,
    but this only covers 65 to 70 year olds! i am 38. Hope this is mis selling alone
    although I had other points!

These terms and conditions can be quite confusing, and when these sales people ask you to sign these in front of them you don't get the flipping chance to read them anyway !:mad:

Now on some of my finance agreements, they do not cover anyone over the age of 65, I suppose these vary from one finance company to another !

My hubby did not receive stuff all from Lloyds for almost 3 months about his policy, this one is in with the FOS right now too !

And yes hun they have mis sold this to you, go and sort them out !!!!;)
  • marshallka
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    These terms and conditions can be quite confusing, and when these sales people ask you to sign these in front of them you don't get the flipping chance to read them anyway !:mad:

Now on some of my finance agreements, they do not cover anyone over the age of 65, I suppose these vary from one finance company to another !

My hubby did not receive stuff all from Lloyds for almost 3 months about his policy, this one is in with the FOS right now too !

And yes hun they have mis sold this to you, go and sort them out !!!!;)
    Yes, thats another thing, they ask you to sign and then send the details out to you after. We just put our trust in the wrong people really. We thought we could. Most applications ask if you have read the terms and conditions of the PPI and we left these boxes blank as we had not because did not want it applied so had no need to read them then it was applied to our loan and typed in and not "optional" and certainly had not had these documents before hand.

I honestly before this forum thought all PPI were conditional of the loans...I had no idea of this front loading thing and also that i would be paying interest on this for the full term of the loan.

Just more debt when already in debt... Where's the logic in that.
  • di3004
    Options
    It will all help in your claim and can i ask was the PPI to cover both of them as most only cover one and yet both would be responsible for the loan and PPI if they run into problems. Ours was single for accident sickness etc and joint life from what i could tell and yet the "loan" for the PPI was joint.

Yours like some of ours hun, secured loans in joint names, Single PPI for hubby and yet WE (not covered) still have to sign for this useless product !!
    Mis-SOLD !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family