We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I am still having these thoughts on my mind about firms not being under jurisdiction where the FOS are unable to deal with our complaints, things should change, rules should change and we do need to speak up for us consumers who are being treated unfairly and ripped off with our money !

This mis selling will never stop if stricter rules don't come in !!

Sorry to change the subject here but I have noticed on these forums an awful lot lately have had these problems just because the FOS are unable to look at these complaints, I'm sure this would change the way these finance firms will sell these products, they will deny any responsibility if they know they can get out of it with not being covered !
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    It will all help in your claim and can i ask was the PPI to cover both of them as most only cover one and yet both would be responsible for the loan and PPI if they run into problems. Ours was single for accident sickness etc and joint life from what i could tell and yet the "loan" for the PPI was joint.
    The PPI is for joint life cover, but Single Accident etc for first named borrower. As you say the loan for the PPI is joint.
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    busbyh wrote: »
    The PPI is for joint life cover, but Single Accident etc for first named borrower. As you say the loan for the PPI is joint.
    Just more to add to your complaint:D
  • di3004
    Options
    busbyh wrote: »

I agree with Marshallka, the more you add the better and stronger your case will be.
    Add everything you can think of hun, I'm sure this will be resolved either way, if not them then the FOS are surely to see this your way, then the firm will be paying out.;)
  • marshallka
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    I am still having these thoughts on my mind about firms not being under jurisdiction where the FOS are unable to deal with our complaints, things should change, rules should change and we do need to speak up for us consumers who are being treated unfairly and ripped off with our money !

This mis selling will never stop if stricter rules don't come in !!

Sorry to change the subject here but I have noticed on these forums an awful lot lately have had these problems just because the FOS are unable to look at these complaints, I'm sure this would change the way these finance firms will sell these products, they will deny any responsibility if they know they can get out of it with not being covered !
    I noticed where firms are paying out on certain policies (as they know they would be found out by the FOS and that it is within jurisidciton) but then saying that the previous loans (being outside jurisdiction but exactly the same method of selling applied) they have not missold.
    (Yeah right:mad: ).

FOS needs more jurisdiction over them and dates should not come into it. I know we could use the courts but its all about having money to risk (and who wants to risk losing more money) here as they know all the legal stuff and we as the consumer don't.
  • di3004
    Options
    Exactly hunni !

Something should be done, this has been on my mind most of the night and I am just so tempted to try and do something about it, the more of us that back this the better, but its just finding the right way in going the right way about it !;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Wonder what "Click" will come back with tomorrow, maybe over this weekend they have tried to put some sort of fob off letter together, because afterall they did need some thinking time......:mad:
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Definately grounds of mis selling here, and this product was obviously not explained !
    Your a very good mum and doing a very good job of sorting this out for your daughter, well done hunni and keep at it until this case is resolved with that money back in her pocket.;)

I will read back on the other posts now.;)

Di.
    x
    Hi di
    It will take a lot to stop me on this one. Need to get this PPI taken off their loan which will put them in a better position as they are going through re-morge options to take into account what they owe to picture and hopefully get rid of PF for good
    XX
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • marshallka
    Options
    Exactly hunni !

Something should be done, this has been on my mind most of the night and I am just so tempted to try and do something about it, the more of us that back this the better, but its just finding the right way in going the right way about it !;)
    Jurisdiction of the FOS should be for anyone with a CCL. That would be nice.:D
  • marshallka
    Options
    Wonder what "Click" will come back with tomorrow, maybe over this weekend they have tried to put some sort of fob off letter together, because afterall they did need some thinking time......:mad:
    I honestly cannot wait to hear this one Di. :D

Going to have my sunday lunch now. A bit late because of the "wine" last night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure