Has anyone bought from www.cheapelectricals.co.uk?

Options
1235»

Comments

• fiddiwebb
    fiddiwebb Posts: 1,806 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2010 at 11:45AM
    Options
    Hi,
    just joined, I have nothing what so ever to do with cheapelectricals, honest, apart from being a new customer, yesterday (29/05/2010) I ordered a Panasonic tx-p42g20b+free 5 year guarantee+free delivery for £799.99. I will post my thoughts and findings of the company as my order progresses.

Odd, looking at the advert on their site for that TV the free 5 year guarantee is only for instore collection otherwise £49.99?

They must have done you a deal then was that it when they delivered :think:

Panasonic TXP42G20B 42" Plasma TV Full *FREE 5 YEAR WARRANTY

With 5 year D&G parts and labour TV warranty (Inc In home repairs) £49.99 special ends soon

*FREE 5 years D&G parts and labour TV warranty (in home repairs) IN STORE COLLECTION ONLY

Never mind the crutches get the wheelchair ;)
  • dripfeednow
    Options
    fiddiwebb wrote: »
    Odd, looking at the advert on their site for that TV the free 5 year guarantee is only for instore collection otherwise £49.99?

They must have done you a deal then was that it :think:

Panasonic TXP42G20B 42" Plasma TV Full *FREE 5 YEAR WARRANTY

With 5 year D&G parts and labour TV warranty (Inc In home repairs) £49.99 special ends soon

*FREE 5 years D&G parts and labour TV warranty (in home repairs) IN STORE COLLECTION ONLY

Last visit, honest, I know there's little point saying this because once again someone will rip me to pieces and say I am not telling the truth, here goes. I made a mistake by ticking the box for free warranty, I had a phone call telling me this, realising my general "wallyness" I paid £49.99 for the extended warranty. Sorry that I forgot to mention this earlier, but there you go. Now you can all go back to thinking that I am an employee because I made a mistake.
    I will still stand by my comments. bye.
  • fiddiwebb
    edited 4 June 2010 at 12:53PM
    Options
    But the box for the warranty does not say its free it states its £49.99. the section that says free warranty is not tickable and states IN STORE COLLECTION ONLY.

I suppose the only way round this dripfeednow is you could possibly post a piccy of the delivery invoice (the one that came with the TV when delivered not an online invoice) showing the company name, the Panasonic txp42g20b, date and North Yorkshire location, just scrub out your personal details ie. name, address.

I am not saying the company is bad in fact one long term poster here who I trust has purchased from them before and left them a good review BUT it certainly does not help when it seems that a prevoius poster who apparently owns or is involved in the company deems it necessary to leave positive feedback for a company that he owns or is involved in.

In a case like this if I was to spend £799.99 on a TV I would be tempted after reading the various other forums/threads as well as this one on the internet to go elsewhere, eg £838.90 at a well known online site just for the peace of mind, rather that than trying to save £38 odd.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    complaintsboard.com

I think you should check out or join Mark at the site above, just for you I will not mention "the company" but I think it is very sad that when someone has a positve experience no one wants to listen,anything bad always gets the biggest headlines. Black and white are two different colours, thankfully some of us can see that.

What is really sad is your continued attempts at planting bogus reviews all over the web.

How timely it was for you to find this thread... :D Get away! :money:
  • dripfeednow
    Options
    Donnie,
    just thought I would let you know that my "bogus" television developed a fault, local service centre not interested, many emails to and from Panasonic with little joy, one email to Cheapelectricals, which I wish I had done first, within a week I have a replacement "bogus" TV.

Accuse me of what ever you want, I know where I will be shopping in the future.

Gone away now as suggested.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Donnie,
    just thought I would let you know that my "bogus" television developed a fault, local service centre not interested, many emails to and from Panasonic with little joy, one email to Cheapelectricals, which I wish I had done first, within a week I have a replacement "bogus" TV.

Thanks for trying to keep this thread alive. People will make up their own minds as to what they think.
  • fiddiwebb
    edited 20 June 2010 at 6:32PM
    Options
    Donnie,

Why on earth would you try contacting your local service centre or Panasonic and not going straight back to the retailer first if you only bought the TV at the beginning of this month and it became faulty???

I've just seen your recent posts on complaintboard and just twigged you mentioned complaintsboard in an earlier post (#38) on this thread, I couldn't understand why you would mention complaintsboard and also mention the name Mark then but now understand why now after reading your recents posts over there.

The more you make posts like that then the more people are less inclined to believe you are the real thing.

Like I said before if you want to prove you are a so called satisfied customer of this company just post a pic of the delivery invoice.
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fiddiwebb wrote: »

Like I said before if you want to prove you are a so called satisfied customer of this company just post a pic of the delivery invoice.

But if its who WE think it is, then they could falsify anything they wanted
    :idea:
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    aliEnRIK wrote: »
    But if its who WE think it is, then they could falsify anything they wanted

Surely not , no one would do that, what happened to the canned meat button
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure